Beer

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

SFault
Tycoon

Beer

Post by SFault »

So, if you really don't like wine then how about beer? What kind of beer do you like? Which country has the best beers? What's your favorite one? If you can't stand beer then why's that?

Have you ever made beer yourself? I have for couple of times. Quite boring process actually, but eventually the prize is great.
Segmentation fault
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

You guys are such alcoholics... :p
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I am not. I dont drink beer.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: Beer

Post by Pater Alf »

SFault wrote:Which country has the best beers?
Well, maybe I'm not objective here, but I'm sure that Germany has the best beer. But there are also great beers in England, Ireland and the Czech Republic. Country with worst beer is Belgium. Lost of chemical stuff in the beer there and they make horrible stuff like cherry beer.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Sweden makes probably the worst beer in the world.

On a recent trip to San Francisco I ended up drinking a lot of local beers, whose names escape me now. They were pretty good. But I guess many local small brewery beers really shine compared to the mass-market beers.

It seems like the beers every country exports the most has at all no taste (Foster's, Bud Light, Lapin Kulta...). They're like water.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

...Stella Artois, Heiniken etc...

My former favourite beer was Urquell of the Czech republic, but now I am much more into drinking beers from smaller DAnish breweries, which also means I switched from pilsners to more dark lagers. I reall like dark, fruity beer if it has a sweet tendency but without the heavy bitterness that sometimes accompanies that...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
SFault
Tycoon

Post by SFault »

Pater Alf wrote: Well, maybe I'm not objective here, but I'm sure that Germany has the best beer. But there are also great beers in England, Ireland and the Czech Republic. Country with worst beer is Belgium. Lost of chemical stuff in the beer there and they make horrible stuff like cherry beer.
I like those Belgium beers, but not the über weird ones. The most disgusting beer must have been the banana beer. It was terrible. I also like German beers, like Aventinus or Weihenstephaner Vitus for example.

Don't really like the basic lager anymore. To me they all taste quite like any other one, so you can always go with the cheapest. Luckily at least some of them have an original taste.
Segmentation fault
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I am neither a beer or wine drinker...guess I am not so alcoholic as I seem :p
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Sounds like we need a coctail thread as well. I would have an idea of some cocktails to bring up in there. Have a few favourites..
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Scythe wrote:You guys are such alcoholics... :p
No we're not, alcoholics go to meetings. :lol:

But of course I drink beer, I share a birthday with This Guy it almost wouldn't seem right if I didn't drink beer.
Zyx wrote:It seems like the beers every country exports the most has at all no taste (...,Bud Light,...). They're like water.
I took out everything except Bud Light as its always been a strong debate with Canada and the US, their beer is like water, their standard regular has something like 3% to 4% of alcohol per bottle, whereas our minimum is 5%, anything less is considered light.

There was a huge spark in the late 90's where the only promotion of patriotism in Canada was being paid for by the beer companies, mainly Molson's, and their Canadian Brand, Read here.
There was also a whole commercial with a song slogan, it can be found here. It's sort of died down lately with the merger of Molson and Anhiser-Busch (I know I didn't spell that right).
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
redigit
Tourist

Post by redigit »

This post just reminded me that I'm out of beer. I'd kill for some Killian's, and I'm to lazy to drive to the store.
"Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Well for that case we have some kind of beer taxi in town. Yo call them and they bring you beer to your house. But I don't think that Ive ever used it. It's quite expensive and you can hardly argue that you look like an alcoholic if you need your beer so bad that you have to call the beer taxi.

:beersong:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Anyone drank spelt beer? Might be hard to find and only in special shops (unless market in your countries is so saturated that you can find such, relatively offbeat, product on every corner). Ive tried one recently and I admit I like it more than many wheat beers Ive tasted, it had stronger cereal flavour. But maybe it's just the case of these particular ones, Im not a professional to decide that spelt gives stronger flavour than wheat in general.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)