Wine

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: Wine

Post by eMTe »

I would say this Georgian wine from my last link will be ok. Very sunny and fruity. Dont know if you can get it in any nearby shop .
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

What a pity....
I just did a search for it, since it sounds really great, and I can't find a link to a single dealer in Denmark. Will keep looking for it though.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Two new wines to recommend:

Quara Tannat - costs around 20 zlotys here (circa 5 euro). For such a cheap wine it's great, just prepare for lots of violet colour on your lips and tongue.

http://www.quarawine.com/start.htm

Chianti Piccini: http://www.tenutepiccini.it/indexeng.html, search for orange label. Also ruby red, but quite soft and fruity. Must be opened half an hour before serving, at least Ive tried it that way. 28 zlotys (7 euro). Cheap and tasty.

I know that some wines I describe are probably beyond your reach, but some of them should be available. Especially those from large exporters. Im not the freak who would tell you which one is huge exporter and which isnt though. ;)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Afair links to my friend's initiative didnt work properly, because one had to be registered on Facebook. Now, after a couple of years it has become sort of city institution, covered by blogs. And not only, but it's another story.

http://blurppp.com/blog/degustacja-bio- ... obie-wino/

On a personal note...
Zyx wrote:Whiskys, my good man, whiskys. :Cheers:

As for wines, I'm pretty much for Australian and Californian wines. I've no idea why.
Amarone doesn't do the job? ;)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

New wine bar has opened, practically across the street from my flat. And I can be spotted, not following the wisdom from my CWF signature reminder. :ninja:

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Reading these threads bring strange memories. Strange because they are memories of people who I think I knew but never really met... Kind of pseudo knowing you guys :D Wonder what Chillum does nowadays. (as well as many others)...

Speaking of beer.. I visited Poland last spring. I spent a week in Wroclaw. I bought a few beers and vodkas during this trip. Feel free to guess prize of cheapest and most expensive pint of beer I had... And I only drank "normal" beers in pretty regular bars/restaurants... I can tell you my Polish colleagues were pretty astonished by the prize of pint Bought while waiting for my plane in Helsinki %)