Why are you happy today?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I'm freakin' estatic because my hair is finally long enough to donate and I can get it all cut off today!! No more waking up in the morning with it all stuck in my mouth...or having it clog up the drain pipe!! This is a good day...free drinks in the bar on me all day!!! :D :D :D
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That was kind of weird... :lol:

But OK I just realized that I haven't been in here celebrating that I got my new computer the other day. Real beauty she is.

I am going to get her set up properly tonight or tomorrow (depending on how I feel after crawling around under the table setting up wires...)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I'm happy because I'm back. Only for a couple of days, but I'm back. :D

If there were "why are you unhappy today" thread I would write that I'm unhappy because Polish Army wants my head. Or maybe just wants me. Anyway, they're looking for me, but cant find me, so they threaten me with judicial action... :Wallbang: No surprise they cant find me since I moved to where I am now long ago and they were sending official papers to my RIP parents' home...

Answering possible questions. No, that WAS NOT the reason of my disappearance. :mrgreen:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

because I`m back
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I am happy today because tomorrow I am getting paid! :p
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pager

Post by Pager »

spanek wrote:I am happy today because tomorrow I am getting paid! :p
Ya, me too!! :lol:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I am happy because it seems the new ads I placed with Project wonderful is paying off. We are getting alot more visits today, and hopefully that will help us grow.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I am happy now because my right wrist is only about half as swollen as it was yesterday. Funny how many things are so very difficult to do with your left hand, when you're right-handed...
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Because I spent almost all (free) day doing various things for CWF (like playing games).

Wont happen again too soon, but I'm happy anyway, why shouldnt I be? :D

And I'm also happy, because I can sleep til noon tomorrow. ;)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well today I have the day off, which is great but yesterday was even greater since I spend it with a friend who came homw from Iraq yesterday. It was quite a relief to have him home.
We had some beers and listened to some music that his brother in law made for him. I will see if I can get it added on this board. It was more than just good if you ask me.

I didn't get so much time to fiddle with the music for Legacy of Blades though, but I got time now, so I will sit and have some fun with that.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

There's no rush, Chroelle. It's not like the game will be finished next week or anything. ;) Of course, you can't just slack off completely either! (This from the guy who takes unannounced breaks from validating for months at a time. :p )

I have vacation next week - it'll be great! I'm going to TOTALLY slack off for a couple of days!
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

In Greece, next Monday is a holiday so I will have time to relax a little bit from all of my worries!!!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Ok, actually this is about yesterday... :D

I had a talk with my boss and he is putting me in charge of a nw project that will highten the focus on computers and information technology at my workplace. I am already in charge of this field, but along with another guy, and the focus was always rather little.

Now we get alot more funding, a workgroup of 4 with me as the leader, and also it will most likely mean a pay-raise by something like 200$ a month.

So I am very happy. My boss has included me in some higher level meetings that no-one besides management ever attends, so it seems my career is gonna grow a bit.

But for the sake of it I am still happy today! :D

--Mark Twain
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Wow.. Sounds great for you, Chrølle... And 200$ is quite a lot... Well, at least it's remarkable, isn't it?
Congratiolations with your career :D:D

Am I happy today??

*Thinks a bit....*

Hmm.. Can't think of anything in particular... Yes, that would propably be my well grade I got for some spanish at school today... :) Not the best, but it's above average though :roll: (I got 7^, which is the same as 9 compared to the old danish scale... Compared to the american scale, I think it's the same as a B+, but i'm not sure)
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pager

Post by Pager »

I had to go to the dentist today...but it's back in my hometown, which is like 250km away from my work, so I got to have the entire day off...that is why I am happy. :lol:
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I am happy because today I will be leaving for Easter Holidays and I will be returning on Tuesday! :D

So see you on Wednesday again.
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hmm.. I'm in a happy mood, cause I just returned from a pub... It was really cozy, and I won in billard :p Hehe.. Oh, and then I turn 18 tomorrow :D:D (That'll be in 22 minutes :roll: )
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Since you made sure we didn't miss it: Congrats Chiller! Finally 18, huh? I'll drink to that. :Cheers:
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

I'll drink to that too ;)

I'm happy today, because it's my 18th birthday :D I can get a drivers licence, I can get drunk at bars, I have to pay for dentist visits... Wait a minute - That's not cool :(

Hehe :p

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I'm happy today because I have a couple good laptops coming in. Both have DVDROMs, one has a Pentium 4 CPU, the other is a Pentium III. I'll probably keep the Pentium 4 and sell off my Compaq Pentium III, or who knows.

I also fixed a Compaq Pentium II laptop for someone that wants to buy it for their kid. Upgraded the MMC-1 type socket processor from 266 to 366, and put 256 MB of RAM in it. Runs nice! They should be picking it up tomorrow.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.