Why are you happy today?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Checking my wallet today Ive discovered that this month Ive spent less money than I expected at first... So Ive bought myself several packs of Marlboros instead of these shitty Red&Whites. And I'm happy as hell. Little pleasures are what is worth living for. :)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I am happy today of more than one reason.

1: My best friends are here and have stayed the night. The brought my god-daughter and her babysister.

2: The coding of the new page is coming along great since we have a dedicated group working hard on it.

3: More members are joining in, and it seems the forum is moving on up..

4: I got some time to come in here... :D

5: I got more money this month than I usually do.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

I am happy today because I found something else i am useful for, and also because although my 1st job has been reduced by 8 hours a week, I can use the free time gained working at the 2nd job which pays lots more/hour. :D
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I wanted to say that I am happy today because my GF found a friend to go shopping with which makes me sitting here with a clear conscience a possibility. And when they come home, we are going down on the lawn along with the friends boyfriend to barbecus, drink some beers and just enjoy the perfect weather we are having. Not a cloud in the sky.

And also I have received another customer for my webdesign firm, who is looking into if they can use me, but he more or less told me that I was perfect for the job. Low price, and someone they trust.

--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I'm happy today because I survived through the hangover I had yesterday ^_^
Varnus
Tourist

Post by Varnus »

I'm happy today since it seems not all gundam series are as frightfully bad as I thought from Gundam Wing on ^_^

(Yes, Gundam seed be coolness.)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

The Office my dad works at just gave me a Pentium III 450MHz laptop they didn't want anymore, so I just put 256 MB of RAM in it for myself and am going to keep it. Even has two batteries and the docking station. This is pretty cool!
They said it was too slow for their usage, but I can put it to very good use! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I just returned here after a prolonged weelend away in the sun. HAve two days at work on a minimum of 12 hours each, and then wednesday I have to open my workplace at 7 AM. But I opened this forum today and found 4 PM's and 190 new posts. That just made me happy :D

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I got the trackwork completed on a small scale railway. It's called N scale, and small enough that a freight car fits in the palm of your hand. Had a couple trains running on it too. Even found, to my delight, that more of the engines that I had packed away worked than I thought (I haven't done too much in this scale in years)

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

every weekend my little brother (5 years old) wakes me up at 8 o'clock in the morning.... but today he didn't :D :D :D :D , because he "wanted to make me happy" in order that I'll "go skatebording" with him in the afternoons

thats why I' feel rested and happy !!!!
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

When I went to the Boy Scout camp in Northern Wisconsin over the weekend, I stopped at a hobby shop along the way that carries a lot of vintage stuff there. They had the parts I needed to fully restore my old Varney coaches from the 1940s. I had plastic wheelsets from the 1970s on them; Now I have authentic cast metal wheelsets from the early 1950s. And they roll better, so my aging steam loco can now pull the entire set. This was a real sight this morning, and just made me feel good.

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Well, I'm happy today, because Ive finally found the avatar that I wanted to have two years ago. Now only some unknown supernatural powers can force me to change it... :p

I am also happy because I'm moving to new flat next week. For about one year, then I should be able to buy my own at least...

Oh yes, and my garden looks not so wild after mowing...

But the biggest happiness will come tonight when our team will beat Germany...
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

eMTe wrote:But the biggest happiness will come tonight when our team will beat Germany...
I don't think so, but until the match: :TGIF:
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

at last I could sleep with my boyfriend :oops:
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Oh and by sleep you mean .... sleep :embarrased: ?

Congrats. Good to hear :D.

I wont ask for details, as I am sure that someone else will soon, and then I wont have to be the very direct person.
But I hope that you got a good nights....sleep.... :D

--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I really don't know what to say about that post...

but errmm I'm happy because I don't have any work to worry about till september as what needs to be done is a lot more managable till then, which means a lot of free time for me...so I think that is a great reason to be happy today
Shadowlord
Patron

Post by Shadowlord »

I'm happy because it's nice to "talk" with nice people like you all seems to be. And I'm happy because I've good friends here where I life.
[url=http://spielwelt15.monstersgame.net/?ac=vid&vid=39001799][img]http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4764/shsnen5hn.jpg[/img][/url]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Good to hear you enjoy our company Shadow :)
I'm happy cause.. ... .... Bollx. I'm not happy :|

But if I was, I was cause MrG is helping me so much with coding ^_^
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

eMTe, I'm sorry for you. That was a cruel end of match. :)
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

I'm happy because I have finished moving house and cleaning up the old one for our real estate agent. Next week I am getting a high speed internet connection. Then instead of trying to help FM between calls at work I will be able to work from home.
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]