Why are you happy today?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I got in contact with some old friends today that I haven't talked to in ages. This was quite exciting for me. One of them I knew since first grade. So many memories...

Oh, and I also found the backplane port cover for a certain motherboard. I was able to pull one off a Compaq 486 and put it on a Pentium II board that had its ports laid out the same way.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

New day, new post (In my poinion, this works for this thread).

Got a Compaq Pentium III 500 finished today, out of the little computer work I've been doing for the past week or so. Nice older Deskpro model.

My pet project for my model railway, building warehouses and commercial shops is coming nicely. Cutting windows in the buildings is easier than I thought it would be.

Ah, and a friendly eBayer informed me that he will include two additonal video cards at no charge with my purchase of three AGP cards I got in an auction. He said he had them just laying around, that they were worthless to him. (Since I won the 3 original cards for $1.30, real cheap, he probaly doesn't see it was worth putting the other two up for auction)

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I feel I'm getting to somewhere with writing the site :) It seems we might get some parts of the main page set up in near(?) future :) (Well theres still lots to do, and I'm not exactly sure how difficult things will be, but I'm anyways hopefull :) )

Anyways, first 'raw version' of game info page is done, as well as a basic search engine for games. :) After the DL script is done, games can be added to database, and we can start using the php based version I'm writing. It'll allow easier game adding, as well as search function & displaying some requirements (ATM). Later there'll be reviews system, and hopefullly upload/uploads validation systems, ratings, ... , who knows what :)

So I'm quite pleased. After the design team has wiped the dust off my design (=changed it completely :p ) it will even look good :)

Okay... I might regret this later, but interested people may take a peek at http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_info.php?gameid=2

Notice, it's not yet finished, and it may (will) contain bugs. It can also redirect you to forum index, because there might be links to pages that are not yet done :) But that's just to show people are working for this site behind the scenes :)

(First one who tells me there's typos or dumbs the page in HTML validator will be banned. Second will get killed and next ones will be nailed to the roof of the bar from their feet to keep company to Dotty. Dotty is of course already nailed to there because he could not have been able to resist the temptations mentioned.)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I got consignment order. A friend brought me his broken Xbox. Testing revealed that his hard drive inside broke. The rest was fine. But he doesn't want to get it fixed; He wants to sell it off. So I'm parting it out and selling off the motherboard, cooling fan, and part of the case on eBay. (Will be listing them tomorrow). As for the DVD ROM, I refitted it for PC work, and now he's got his old Xbox DVD ROM in his PC computer. :)

Also bought myself a wireless keyboard/mouse combo for $20 and then sold my corded USB keyboard for $15 to someone who has been asking about it.

Oh, and can't forget, I finally fixed a broken piece of track on one of my small scale model railroads in my bedroom (My big railroad is in the living room, and the small one is in the bedroom)

greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

I'm happy beacause it's my birthday :D
I'm going to the beach and tonite I'll have a party with my friends.
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Today is Friday and Christmas is coming, which means 4 days of relaxing!!! :D

That's why I am happy!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am thinking the same thing. I am happy for the same reason.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

I passed my examn yesterday and the effect hasn't worn off yet
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats Guy. And good to see you again. :D

I am glad because I have finished all the things that was in a hurry to get done around the house. Setting up shelves, emptying boxes, getting lamps up and working, assembled furniture and so on, so soon I will be done with the entire apartement, and I can get started on moving stuff out of the bedroom and start making it the babys room!

Oh, and I am looking at new computers, with the money burning in my pocket - if that doesn't boost your efedrine levels I don't know what will!

--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I am extremely happy, because the issues I had with my parents have been sorted out in way more than a satisfactory manner. ^__^

Pitkin happy. ^_^
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Glad to hear that Pitk =}
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That really made me happy to hear Pitking. Even though I dont know what the issues are (and I am not snooping), it always makes me feel better when I hear people cleared the air with relatives. Me and my grandma had issues for 5 years, because she sent me to the hairdressers on christmas eve, because "otherwise there would be no gifts from her!" I had my hair long back then and it really made me glad when we became friends again. Apart from that one time, me and my grandma have always had a great relationsship. We got past it, and she died later that year shortly before my graduation, which has always bugged me. But I am of the clear conviction that she was looking down that day. I don't care what people think about that - I need to believe it!
So making up with relatives is a GREAT thing in my book...
Making out with relatives is something completely different!

Did I just screw up a warm and heartfelt post by being obscene....?

Again....

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I just set up a wireless network in my place. Got some more equipment to move around, but it is about 80% finished. Plus I got some new hardware in today, which is nice.

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I did set up wireless network couple of days ago too :) Although my desktop does not yet have wlan receiver.. (Going to buy one today) Well, luckily my laptop and mobile havw wlan capabilities, so I can use them to connect my desktop to network. Well, actually I cannot connect my desktop to network via mobile anymore, since unfortunately Nokia PC suite does not support Linux, and my Windows died :( (sad face for lack of linux support, not for my windows dying :p )
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I just went to another scan today for the Gf's stomach, and it seems that it is still a girl. Day started out crap and went along crap, but got rescued quite a bit by the scan.

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, hooked up the last machine today, so the network is complete! My laptop was the only one that really gave me any fits, and that's because Linksys's support for my wireless card was a bit crappy.

Aside from that, I just completed two more machines for sale, and confirmed that someone will be coming to buy a system this coming Saturday.

spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Chroelle wrote:Well I just went to another scan today for the Gf's stomach, and it seems that it is still a girl. Day started out crap and went along crap, but got rescued quite a bit by the scan.
Is she pregnant?? You wanted a boy?
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

No we wanted a girl after finding out that it was a girl during the first scan a month or so ago. We simply hoped it would stay that way. We didn't hope for anything before the scans!

And ... Yes she is pregnant. (Would have been weird to answer that question with a no after the first reply...) :D

--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Chroelle wrote: And ... Yes she is pregnant. (Would have been weird to answer that question with a no after the first reply...) :D
That would have definitely sparked a few more interesting posts though...
Good to hear that good news, Chroelle!

As for myself...My Directing Actors for The Screen class started today. :D Really looking forward to it too...since I'm starting filming my next project in less than 2 months...
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I'm happy because I'm trying to integrate a new application to our corporate intranet and it seems like the f*** in communication who have sniffed too much glue have thought that "integrating" new "applications" to the new intranet is possible by just adding <iframe>'s all-around.

...that or we have to build the application from scracth in .NET. Never mind we have no resources or skill to build our own ITIL-compliant service catalogue system. And here all along I thought the policy was to use as much off-the-shelf stuff and not f*** do everything by ourselves.

I love marketing people. :Grouphug:
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!