Why are you happy today?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Ancsur2002
Patron

Why are you happy today?

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I thought it would be a good idea to share the events that made us happy - to make others happy too ;) and to bring a little sunshine to everyone's life.

I start then: I bought some gorgeous leather and pvc clothes in a shop I have just found and hit the town today, the weather was a bit warmer than yesterday, the sun was shining, and everything went perfect
:coolbounce:
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

leather & pvc :twisted: , sounds like fun :) Well, anyway, I'm happy because I got my salary today(actually yesterday since it's past midnight) So I've paid my debts and feel good
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Did some computer sales prospecting on the buses today, gave out twelve of my business cards,and already had one of the people I met call me tonight. Got a customer coming in about a half hour to have me look at a laptop (It will be around 9PM, but thats when he gets off work). It needs more RAM and a spyware cleanout, he says.

Looks like a profitable day.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well my vacation started yesterday, and me and the GF have had quite a dull period recently. This morning started out with talking vacation in the bed all morning, and then she left to go shopping with her sister.
I love it when she does that. PEople think I don't like being with my GF when I say this, but that is far from the truth. It just means that I can sit by the computer without feeling guilty that she is bored in the next room. This way we both ahve fun, and have a great evening together :D

Also it seems our apartment is rising so much in value, that we might get to travel to the states this year AND to Greece as we planned...

A lot to be happy about.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I'm so happy! I'm so overwhelmingly surprised that I could've never expected to be this surprised by school affairs. I'm ecstatic, to say the least.

Yes, I _passed_ the bloody tax law exam I took on the 29th March, running a fever and having had to study for it in the middle of a nasty cold. I was 90% sure I failed as I had no clear idea of what to answer to the questions in the exam, and as I only got a bit more than half of the nominal minimal number of 'lines' in my answers.

:faint: Not only did I pass, but I actually got a bloody magnificent grade from it, the second highest that is! To me it seems like either a mistake from the one checking the exams or alternatively an unobjectionable proof of law faculty's odd ways to place form over substance.

No matter what, today I'm happy-happy. :balloon:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats too you Pitkin. Glad to see that you are excellent even when running a fever :D

--Mark Twain
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I talked to some really deep-thinking people today, it was so elevating! And along with that, they liked my brand new design for today consisting of a top, nail colours, make-up and lipstick with the same very dark violet colour 8)
And tomorrow, we'll have elections here, and I'm sooo curious what the outcome will be!!
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

This is a thread I like; I think I'll try to post something in it every day. :D

Anyway, I got my Mac Quadra 650 on my network and my KVM switch, so I can use the same monitor as my Sempron PC (Though I do need a mac keyboard and mouse).

A friend gave me an old laptop he was throwing away, he thought it was a 286, which I would accept for doing portable logbook work, but it was a 486DX2, which is a little better, and even has a good battery! Yay!

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I had been trying to break my PB in vBTetris for a long time now, and yesterday I had scored the worst scores in almost as long time... after thinking over my strategy during my morning walk to the uni, I came up with a new approach, and it worked! Not only did I break my PB, but I also set the very highest score in the bloody game hall of fame! ^o^

Happy-happy. :balloon:
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

the sun is shining!!!! springtime!!!

and I've spoken to my father yesterday. the first time after 14 years.
he want to meet me next month.
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I talked a lot to my best friend today, and it was awesome!

So good to have thoughtful people in the world!

Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Today is the beginning of the weekend!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

That makes me happy!
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I've been feeling very happy this week, for having so great online friends. I wish everyone here well and would like to send my thanks to the ones I talked to last weekend and this Tuesday.

Difficult times? Not anymore. ^_^
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Ditto on that one Pitkin.

I think that the forum is starting to blossom up really good, and I feel we have some great dedicated members on the site.
THIS MAKES ME EXTREMELY HAPPY. :balloon:

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Going down to the south west side with a friend to do some PC networking. It's a job for the day, which is good.

Got the new bus stop signs put up on my model railroad, and built some chain link fence out of balsa wood and sanding screen. I think the results on that look terriffic.

Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

At last I can go out and DO SOMETHING :D I was soooo bored at the weekend and now the sun is shining, no rain... great!

Heimnar
Prospect

Post by Heimnar »

and I've spoken to my father yesterday. the first time after 14 years.
he want to meet me next month.
So this is really good news for you. Nice.

I am not happy today - monday, and I've got to go to work. But I was happy yesterday after cleaning up our garden and watching growing flowers. They are so beautiful!
Podpisano - kot BEHEMOT
http://zxplanet.emuunlim.com/ - ZX SPECTRUM place for fanatics :welcome:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Actually I ahve had a rather rough day at work, but as always I an rely on this thread to make me in a better mood. One of the most giving threads ever IMO :D

So I feel happy because you lot feel happy :D

--Mark Twain
Heimnar
Prospect

Post by Heimnar »

I am happy mostly because "yesterday's gone" (to quote a song).
Since yesterday was awful - I've got to go on a business trip, I was driving for more than 6 hours total - attended two meetings (whole f%#!@$ day), was caught by the police on the way back - and have to pay the fine (bastards caught me just behind the speed limit sign - I didn't even have time to slow down a bit ) :evil:. And finally got home at 22.30 in the evening, and if this is not enough - I ve got to work at home for a few minutes. Grrrr!

So - today is a beautiful day. I won't do anything more than I should. And after work - I go for the rehearsal of my band - so I would have an opportunity to play loud as hell and sing shouting. It would do me good, I think. :D
Podpisano - kot BEHEMOT
http://zxplanet.emuunlim.com/ - ZX SPECTRUM place for fanatics :welcome:
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

What a cool thread!!!
Sometimes I go for a walk down to the shops with a huge stupid looking grin on my face...just for kicks. :mrgreen:
Some people shake their heads, some ask what have I got to be so happy about, but almost all of them smile back...they can't help it.

It's amazing how you can affect the mood just by smiling like a mad fool.
Try it out...it's fun.

But now I am even more happy because I came in here and read through this thread. :)
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein