Why are you happy today?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

This Sept I will start ninth year of my *cough* studies. If I'll be permitted. I always pay without asking questions, so I believe I'll be. ;) This year is the last year of compulsory army service (ie: 31 December is the last day when one can be taken if he doesnt want) and last year of easy money for various private "schools" (but also universities, like in my case) since according to law only "studies" save from army. In last years thousands (literally) schools emerged on the market providing papers for army, some dont even hiding what's the purpose of the business activity.... Strange, but not against law. :D Since nothing will probably ever come out of my studies and I can come back anytime I can be expelled anyway... It's all about moving your papers from one university to another. ;)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I remember when I quit the university, because I ran out of money. I suppose I may have intended to go back some day... now five and a half years ago.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I know perfectly that I wont ever go back, but it's in human nature to cheat himself.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

And they decided to let me stay. Too hard to explain how the process looks like, but on Monday (most likely) I'll start 9th year of my education in History... Yay!!

I think I'll found the club of some sort, because I'm not the only one and - what's sad - I know of some eternal students who were already studying when I entered the gates of university. I always meet them in Septembers under dean's office door when whole fun and paperwork starts again. ;)
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I visited at Uni too, asking if I'll have some time limit to complete my studies... There is such a thing in papers, but I heard it is not so tight.. So perhaps I'll be a student for another 10 years :/
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

There is one paragraph in statute saying that year of studies can be repeated only once. But. Next paragraph says that student can repeat year more times under certain circumstances and special permission from dean is required. I got this very special permission for the second time without any problems. You write application of course, but it can be full of bu^^shit, be it death of close relative, financial trouble, fulltime job (like in my case ^^), whatever, they dont check it anyway. I pay, they earn, paragraph in statue works as an excuse, law isnt broken.

Specialty of Poland such laws.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

We do not have any laws limiting studying at university (AFAIK). But some faculties have decided to limit it in such a way, that courses will not be valid longer than 10 years, unless one graduates. However as I stated, this is not really the case :)

And furthermore, when one is once accepted in uni, the right to study there will last untill the death :rolleyes:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats eMTe! :D

I am pretty happy today because I went running and finally broke a milestone when I ran 7.32 kilometers in one go for the first time since I broke my leg some years ago. I am feeling more and more ready for my big run on Sunday.
Unfortunately I also got a bit disappointed because I ordered a new GPS running watch to wear on sunday, and today I got notice from the company that they didn't have it in store and they unfortunately could not send it to me before the 11th of October... They never disappointed me before so I will use them next time too, but still it is annoying that I cant run with the watch...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I am happy today. My dad had tickets to the Chicago Blackhawks hockey game. Thee tickets were for the Harris Club lounge, and normally were about $250 apiece, but he got them for free from a friend who works at the stadium. They had all-you-can-eat free food, so I have five 1/4 pound hotdogs over the course of the game.

After the game, I went and saw my girlfriend, and she and I went out walking downtown Chicago since the weather was nice.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I am off work for a week on vacation - and I have some things I want to do in my vacation. So far I have been keeping to the gameplan of what to do today and get ready for tomorrow, and to top it all of I went running today and wanted to break my record on a little under 6 km run. I ended up shaving 3.56 minutes of the personal record, so I was more than a little delighted! I am feeling quite ready for the run I am having Sunday the 26th of april. Its a 10.1 km run, also known as the quarter-marathon. I am pretty happy with how things are going on my run-schedule. :)

On CWF-happiness: I was happy to learn that I have made my goal of checking 40 licenses in 4 weeks. I even surpassed it by 10. So it is possible to check 50 licenses in 4 weeks if you are keeping yourself to it. :)

On relationsship happiness: We got our weddingrings today, and mine fit like a charm. I can't wait to get to wear it. I will post a pic of it at some point I think. The cool thing is that its the same ring I fell for in December. And now it is mine finally, and fitted to my finger perfectly.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Why shouldn't I be happy! I'm on easter vacation, the weather is great, the training for the half-marathon is going well (I ran about 80 km during the last week) and on thursday I'm going to sign the contract for my new flat. It seems life is treating me nice at the moment.
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

My support pager didn't go off today at 8pm...it has been going off almost everyday at that time since I was put on after hour support...I was so happy I almost wet myself. :lol:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

It's Friday and it's only a few hours till my weekend starts, woooohooo
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am currently teaching the lowest grade on the school. As in - I am CURRENTLY teaching them. My job at this very second is to sit here and do this. :)

Explanation: I am having computerlessons with the smallest kids on school, and they are visiting a site with some math-games. Yesterday I visited this site with a couple of kids. Sometimes I just love my job.

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Bring them to CWF! Let them know what's really good!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

My sister is visting for the evening. She is up here from college downstate.

Got five more computers in at the shop today, they were retired from an office and sent my way along with ten others. P3 1GHz machines, and AMD Athlons between 800 MHz (Which have been upgraded to 1.4 GHz) and AMD Athlon XPs, which have been upgraded to 2 GHz.

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I am starting to feel ready for Saturday, and my ring is looking amazing on me whn I try it out. It's really funny how much that means to me. I always thought I would end up with some generic ring that didn't mean much to me beside the symbolism, but here I am feeling like a giddy little girl...

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Good for you, C!

Today I didn't open shop because I don't feel good, but this was just as well- a box of freight cars came in. Among them was a real nice all cast metal hopper car. There were also a bunch of cars that are duplicates of what I had as a kid, but got trashed through several moves across the USA. Glad to have some of these again!

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Today I am happy because I had a great weekend filled with a lot of nice sunny summer weather....and this week is shaping up to be full of fun as I am out tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday nights after work, then off from work on friday :)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I can say that I have been quite happy since the wedding, so today as well as saturday, sunday, monday and tuesday...

--Mark Twain