Why are you happy today?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am happy because I get to spent the weekend on the lawn with my two favourite girls in the world. It has been hard being away from them during the week, so I am looking forward to sitting outside in the lovely weather and just kick back.

Had a barbeque with our neighbours and a friend yesterday and that really made it feel like weekend.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Well, I got turned down for a job earlier this week, so I was feeling down. :(

So today I marched into the Director's office and asked how I can get a job doing UNIX here.

He seemed more than willing to figure out a way to make that possible, so I spoke with the Team Lead for the UNIX team and he suggests a transition role that they might be hiring for in a few weeks... :D

Looks promising!! :lol:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Good for you pager!!!

I am happy today, because yesterday I finally took the keys of my new apartment!!! (Now all I have to do is fill it in...)
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats to both of you.
I am happy today because tomorrow is a holiday and as such when I go home from work today it is a three day weekend, and the weather looks very promising so I can sit on the lawn again with my girls. I really love doing that.
I am also happy because I can see that the site has taken off once more. More games are being added and that generally means that we are on the move again. Gotta love that...:D

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Because I'm back, fresh and ready to submit 10 new games a day and validate some more? :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Sounds good.

Well I must say that my morning started out in a way that would normally shout I WONT BE HAPPY ANYTIME TODAY. Anna woke me up by screaming at 6.15 and I got up and walked around with her a bit. Then I was way too awake to go back to bed, so I decided that I should begin some of the many chores I have for today.
And at 10.00 I had gotten laundry from the basement, filled, run and emptied the dishwasher, put Annas close together and in place, wiped dust in the entire apartement, and the only reason I didn't vacuum was because Tanja is ill and was sleeping then.
Whenever Anna awoke I would sit with her and she would smile at me almost as if she was saying "Good to be here in your arms. Now I feel safe!" and then she would go back to sleep. She woke up around 10.00 and Tanja woke up shortly after that. And I had the most of the day left for doing stuff I want to instead of chores.
I still have to vacuum though, and go shopping for food too, now that Taja is ill, but still I have until 4pm before we have to go to a birthday party.
That is the ONE good thing about getting up extremely early in weekends.
(By the way I am sitting here with a good broad smile on my face, and lots of kiddy-throw-up on my t-shirt. I finally look like a real dad :lol:)

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I'm happy because I replaced a bad IDE hard drive with four SCSI hard drives. These are 10,000 RPM drives, suited for servers. I like these drives. Nice and FAST!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Pager

Post by Pager »

I'm happy because it's payday tomorrow! I can finally eat again!!! :lol:
Pager

Post by Pager »

Last night I finally beat the freakin' Croatia level in Command And Conquer 3!! I have been stuck on that level ever since the day the game was released...I think I may actually continue to play the game now, instead of taking it back to the store... :lol:
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I completed a difficult model kit this morning- a Pacific Fruit Express 40 foot steelside refrigerator car. Took me all of three days. Now I have three more to do for the train. It was actually pretty fun, too.

Also am going up to camp later today to do some work, and this evening, a customer is stopping by to pay the rest he owes on a laptop.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am having my first day off from everything since last weekend. That is just fantastic. I have an extremely busy 3-day week coming up, so I am trying to get the most out of today. Tanja was sent shopping after a tough week with Anna for her, and I once again find myseelf writing in here with one hand, and with a sleeping Anna on my chest.

--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

I saw Styx live in concert last night, it was phenomenal. By far one of the better concerts I have ever been to. And I am thankful the they did not play Mr. Roboto.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I get to spend the day outside with my girls today since the weather is finally sunny today.

--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

For approximately 16 years I have been hoping to be able to buy a gun with both shotgun and rifle barrel. (I do not know the english term for it). At last weekend I did. Yes, you read right, last weekend. The guy from the gunshop was so nice, he came to his shop at sunday in order to sell me the gun.

Today I tested it for first time, I shot approximately 15 shots with the rifle, and after the first correvtions done for the aiming system, I started to hit a 0,33 l lemonade can from 120 metres. Without any optical aiming systems that is :) The shock was like it was made to match my cheek. The gun lifted up correctly for proper aiming without even thinking of it, and 14 of 15 clay pidgeons I shot were hit :)

So Yes, I am happy for that. (I know it is a bit shallow to be happy about some material, but after waiting for it so long... Well, I just feel - if not happy - damn glad then :) )
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

The maniac with the gun! :p

I am happy because tomorrow my vacations for one week start!
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

One of my best friends gave birth to her second child today!

Everything went well and cute little babies are always a reason to be happy... :)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

ALWAYS!!!!

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I have been happy more than once since Augusrt 18th. I just forgot to write it in here...

I just wanted to share with the rest of you that due to me sacrificing myself for my workplace, there is a good chance that I will get permission to work from homw on fridays, and that actually means that I can saty home and do nothing, since I do a lot of work during the weeknights anyway, and just write the hours later on...
So now I got more time for my girls. IF this passes....But thats a 95% certainty...:D

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I did get the fridays off, so I ahve been doing alot of stuff with my girls on fridays.
Yesterday I got an email from a customer for my webdesign company. That happens from time to time, but only a small portion actually answer the mail I send to them in reply. I think it is mostly because they either found a better offer, or they wrote the first mail, being totally psyched, and now they have cooled off, and I tell them it will cost them some money, and all of a sudden they loose interest...:( Well I am actually THE cheapest in Denmark (based on my own research through searching common searchwords).
But this client seems very interested and would like me to be their webmaster (a "service" I offer, where I offer to make so and so many updates on their site a month for a certain amount of money). This actually helps them run a website since many of them dont know anyone who can do this, and I can do pretty many updates in very short time, and earn an ok living off it. But since they have the service of me as their webmaster, they are sure I can do it fast, and I get paid regularly (small amount each month) which makes it alot easier for me to promise I can do updates fast. :D
If I get 4-5 customers like this, then I can really start to cut down hours at work. Also I have always said that a certain amount of what I earn on Connect-webdesign goes towards hosting and advertising CWF, since this is a great learning area for me, so this benefits CWF a great deal if I can get this client. (I get about 35 € a month on the deal offered, and that means approx 10€ for CWF a month - That covers hosting and some advertising as well).
Right now I am just waiting for a second mail from the client.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

It's a great day! I got off two hours early from work (canceled trains, yay!), and this morning and all day long I was thinking and plotting for the LoB RPG, and I'm going to sit down right now and implement some of those ideas. I'm in the groove, baby!