Explain your name....

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Chroelle wrote:If I remember correctly your full name was Dizilussionment... I'm glad you changed :D

Much quicker just typing Dizi. And now people have sometimes shortened it down even more to Diz...
yeh thats almost right. I used to be dizillusionment, which is quite a mouthful :p But yes some call me Diz or Dizzi or even Dizzy. I shortern my name a some people decide it should be longer :p

fadedmind wrote:Perhaps I should call you Darz instead of Diz
:D you may call me what every you like :D but only because you rmemind me of a shadow I once knew
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

Well, back in my hometown most people who knew me called (and still call me) me Grizzly. I had that nick since I was 8 or 9 years so I'm kind of used to it. :) When I joined OG 3 years ago someone already took that nickname so I changed it into Greezlee :). That nick derivated further nicks like Greez, Greeezee or just Ez :)
Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Post by Zandrav Ibistenn »

Zandrav Ibistenn is an anagram of my real name.

When I registered I considered two alternatives.

Richard Grey (a character from the Fallout series)

or Merkwürdichliebe.
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Custodian of the Symposium.

[b]Error Tracking[/b]: Let's begin at the amygdala...
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

mariesa makes no deeper sense
only one letter after the other afte the next.. etc
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

About 10 years ago I shared a house in Melbourne with 3 other guys, all good mates. We used to go out on the town and drink copious amounts of alchohol almost every friday night...then on sat nights we would play AD&D till sunday morning...then have a BBQ in the afternoon and drink some more....anyway...
I got the name Ogre, because of my size (6'4") and the way I walked (and spoke) when I was extremely drunk after a big friday night out.

BTW eMTe, I seem to remember seeing that date somewhere before, is it in American date format?...(ie...6 Dec, 2012). If it is then I think I know the significance, but I can't quite figure out what the letters stand for.
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

6'4", how much is that in centimeters..?
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

approx 190cm
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Sorry, I should use metric (in fact I usually do for everything else except some length measurements (feet, inches)...I think it's from spending so much time with my grandfather on his farm when I was growing up.

To be exact, I am 194cm (6 feet, 4 1/2inches), but I also have very long limbs even for my size...and this adds to the Ogrish appearance.

Drunk, drooling, stooped over, knuckles dragging on the ground...you get the picture? :mrgreen:
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

As far as I know a foot is aprox 33 cm and an inch is 2 cm... Does this add up or am I wrong...

Not quite. That made you more than 2 metres tall. But it fits with 31 cm is a foot. That makes me...
5 feet and 13 inches... That can't be right... I'm 181,5 cm...
Anyways I am 6 feet minus 2 inches....
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

The conversion rate for a foot is approximately 30.5 and for an inch approximately 2.5 centimetres. A foot consists of 12 inches, I think, so being 181.5 cm tall makes you about 73 inches ie 6'1'' tall, Chroelle-san. :mrgreen:

edit: One foot is more accurately 30.48cm and one inch 2.54cm. 12 times 2.54 equals 30.48, so yes, one foot indeed is 12 inches. ^_^
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well then again I do have very long feet. I'm a size 46 (I think that is size 11½ in US measures, but since my measures have been way off so far I won't put any money on that :roll: )
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

Well, I use Eric because it's my name..... :wink:

But seriously, I usually use Eric the Viking because it's unique and could be considered a reflection of my personality.

I'll leave it to you to decide if that's a good or bad thing.... :wink:
Gendo
Prospect

Post by Gendo »

I ran a 30-day trial of Everquest and couldn't think of a character name on the server that wasn't already taken. Having recently got into animé and with inspiration running low I started using the names of characters on the shows I liked and, what do you know, Gendo worked. EQ didn't last, but I was soon using the name as a nick for other games and, as it turns out, forums.

We know how difficult it is to break out of a nickname once people start associating you with it, hence the reason I decided not to bother thinking of something new for my latest forum sign-up...
Getting through life is as easy as 3.14159265...
SFault
Tycoon

Post by SFault »

When I began programming with C, I always got this annouing error message, that didn't explain anything useful - Segmentation fault. I desided to use that kind of name if I ever write some freeware game or something similar. When I joined OG thought to use it. Of course It was too long and complex to be used as a username, so I made a shorter version of it. When I came here I saw no reason to change it.
Segmentation fault
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

But Segmentation Fault does explain.. It tells that you have some kind of memory violation. The most usual way to get it is to write on unallocated space, for example outside of an array boundaries :D
SFault
Tycoon

Post by SFault »

Maz wrote:you have some kind of memory violation.
That's true :) I do forget a lot of things.

Could it be that these nicknames have some truth behind them on some subconscious level?
Segmentation fault
Baldie
Prospect

Post by Baldie »

I started with Bloodnok- from The Goon Show, a classic Radio comedy- on another site, however this mad Finn aka Maz kept calling me Baldie, and the nick seems to have stuck so I use it :D :D
But then who apart from a nutcase like me would use a nick like Baldie :D :D
Freedom of Speech does have its responsibilities.
Who says I use BIG RED WRITING
Owner and Proprietor of Baldies BlackDiamond Enterprises PTY.LTD.
The Darwin Awards proof that stupidity is not always hereditary
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Well mine is as follows : I took the three first letters from my Last Name, the three first letters from my name and voila!! Spanek!! :D
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

... Guybrush is my mother's maiden name .....
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

... at least it wasn't Threepwood .....