It's the middle of the night

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I have been awake late every night this week...mostly playing Donkey Kong. :wink:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Ok, so it's not that late, but... I've just been watching all three Back to the Future movies in succession. Good times! I must have been a teenager last time I saw them, I guess. Well, I think I'll sleep pretty well now. :)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I just trudged all the way down a 100 level secret dungeon and defeated the hardest opponent(s) in Final Fantasy X-2. Now I'm about ready to finish the game tomorrow.

Nyah, nyah! Double post!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It is no longer the middle of the night but I felt that it was a thing worth saying in here. I have had a couple of HARD days. After summer is over I am supposed pass on my third grade class (ages 9-10) and take on a new kindergartenclass (ages 5-6). The latter group of kids have been visiting to se what school was all about and I had the responsibility of them for two days, where we got hit but ll kinds of accidents. We were making popcorn for them, and they were all cheerful and expectant because they thought it was pretty cool that you get popcorn in school, and then the microwaveoven broke down. Also we had 2 of the persons who was supposed to support me home ill, and generally everything we tried to get to work broke down or mallfunctioned (everything from footballs loosing their air, to woodburner metal-pins breaking while the kids were using them).
So I have been sleeping at 8pm every night on the couch out cold. Of course Anna is still screaming from I get home until about 9 pm.
I think you ge the point that I was wasted.
Now today my 4 days vacation started and I was all ready to sleep in and do nothing when I went to bed last night.
BUT....
I woke up at 6.30 and since there was nothing on tv, I decided that I might as well clean up the kitchen (since I can do that without waking up Tanja and Anna), and when I was done with that I started dusting, and after that I cleaned up the mess on the different surfaces, that we tend to leave around, then I put laundry in the laundry bags, and when I was done with that I emptied the dishwasher, and then cleaned the bathroom, and then Anna woke up and Tanja gave her some food, and I took her, while Tanja slept on. I got about 3 hours alone with her, while we were playing and talking (well with small kids, you end up doing a lot of the talking and playing, while she watches :rolleyes:). When it had been 3 hours since Tanja fed her I woke Tanja up and she fed her again. The time was around 11.15.
I vacuumed and sorted out some movies and games I had lying around, and at 1pm I was all done with all the chores that I was gonna do the next 4 days. Now that is a GREAT thing! So lots fo time for sitting at the computer for me today, since Tanja promised to do laundry now that I had done everything else.
But 6.30 sure did feel like in the middle of the night on a day off.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Chroelle wrote:It is no longer the middle of the night but I felt that it was a thing worth saying in here. I have had a couple of HARD days. After summer is over I am supposed pass on my third grade class (ages 9-10) and take on a new kindergartenclass (ages 5-6). The latter group of kids have been visiting to se what school was all about and I had the responsibility of them for two days, where we got hit but ll kinds of accidents. We were making popcorn for them, and they were all cheerful and expectant because they thought it was pretty cool that you get popcorn in school, and then the microwaveoven broke down. Also we had 2 of the persons who was supposed to support me home ill, and generally everything we tried to get to work broke down or mallfunctioned (everything from footballs loosing their air, to woodburner metal-pins breaking while the kids were using them).
So I have been sleeping at 8pm every night on the couch out cold. Of course Anna is still screaming from I get home until about 9 pm.
I think you ge the point that I was wasted.
Now today my 4 days vacation started and I was all ready to sleep in and do nothing when I went to bed last night.
BUT....
I woke up at 6.30 and since there was nothing on tv, I decided that I might as well clean up the kitchen (since I can do that without waking up Tanja and Anna), and when I was done with that I started dusting, and after that I cleaned up the mess on the different surfaces, that we tend to leave around, then I put laundry in the laundry bags, and when I was done with that I emptied the dishwasher, and then cleaned the bathroom, and then Anna woke up and Tanja gave her some food, and I took her, while Tanja slept on. I got about 3 hours alone with her, while we were playing and talking (well with small kids, you end up doing a lot of the talking and playing, while she watches :rolleyes:). When it had been 3 hours since Tanja fed her I woke Tanja up and she fed her again. The time was around 11.15.
I vacuumed and sorted out some movies and games I had lying around, and at 1pm I was all done with all the chores that I was gonna do the next 4 days. Now that is a GREAT thing! So lots fo time for sitting at the computer for me today, since Tanja promised to do laundry now that I had done everything else.
But 6.30 sure did feel like in the middle of the night on a day off.
Hm... wasn't this post made some days ago or is it my imagination??
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Where? :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well similar posts have been made :lol:
The daily humdrum that is my life at times...

But this post was not copied from anywhere if that was your question... :D

--Mark Twain
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

hm... maybe I had a de ja vu! :D
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pager

Post by Pager »

It's just after 1:00am friday morning...I just got home from work. Lucky me I worked for 14 hours today...er, yesterday...I think I'm past that point of being tired and am just running off pure adrenaline now...my thoughts are no longer rational, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought fat free ice cream and a bag of green beans...both of which I did not need... :lol:
Pager

Post by Pager »

Well, it's about 3:00am here. I'm sure most of you guys are just waking up, and probably heading to work. I just finished baking muffins and now my house smells like chocolate. I've been looking through the games to see which ones I can write reviews on and what not.

Don't think I should have eaten about an hour ago, since it looks like I might not be going to sleep anytime soon.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

2:45 AM here in Central USA. Can't sleep... Computers to build. Can't sleep... Computers to build. :lol:

Actually, I want to have some of these machines working soon, as I have people asking about them, as in asking to buy them.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Reviving a thread gone AWOL...:)

Well it isn't exactly the middle of the night, but I can tell you that as a familydad anything past 11pm can apply to as being very late indeed!
So here I am sitting at the computer after a long day with Anna. Tanja is at a bachelorparty, and me and Anna have been having a lot of fun. We saw Shrek 3 again with some snacks and cosying up on the big airmatress in front of the TV, and she started climbing out of bed when she cant sleep so evenings are a little weird at the moment - you expect her to come into the living room any moment now, so you dont relax like you used to.
I had some time to myself afterwards and watched Rogue Assasin/War which actually impressed me somewhat at the end.
Now I am sitting here, playing some games for validation and waiting to see if Tanja gets home before I go to bed or what? LAst time I was home alone I ended up going to bed at 3.30 or something, so lets see how it turns out this time around.

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

She is still not in, and I have been playing alot of games tonight that I will write more about tomorrow, but now I am going to bed (if nothing good is on the tv.)

--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

Well, it isn't really middle of the night here either, it's about 11:35pm friday night, and I am a little burnt out. Had a party of sorts tonight with my best man and my fiancee, we put together wedding invitations, and stuffed envelopes. Then my fiancee and I played Guitar Hero World Tour for about 3 hours straight (I finally bought replacement cymbals, and now the drum set works soooo much better!). I came online to check an address for my friend that moved down to Kentucky USA, but got side-tracked by CWF...not necessarily a bad thing from my point of view, but I might receive a slap for side-tracking later...oh well... :twisted:
Pager

Post by Pager »

Seems to me I post to this thread a lot...
It's about 3:45AM on Wednesday, I woke up about 20 minutes ago because I had the over-whelming urge to be sick. I feel horrid right now and I can't really go back to sleep...so I might as well do the next best thing...validate!!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It seems to me I am writing less and less in this thread, and that is because the situation seldomly arises these days. Tanja has a girlfriends birthday coming up which will keep her out all night perhaps, so perhaps then I will get a chance to do some "moonlighting" done. :)

--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

Chroelle wrote:It seems to me I am writing less and less in this thread, and that is because the situation seldomly arises these days.
I agree...maybe because back when I was posting more and more to this thread I was single, living in a basement, and working crazy hours...now, it's 9 to 5, I'm married and my house requires work...all that and I usually crash before midnight... :wink:
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm still awake playing "The Spirit Engine 2". Not the worst thing to do. But now I have to go to bed, because an old friend of mine arrives tomorrow with his family and I have plenty to do, before they show up. Good night!
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: It's the middle of the night

Post by eMTe »

Im eating vanilla icecream with left side of my mouth, surfing youtube, flash game sites and having relax. Boy, if I could always be on icecream diet. :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pager

Re: It's the middle of the night

Post by Pager »

More middle of the night than I have seen in a long time (about 11:30pm -5:00 EST)...I was just about to go to bed, but I thought I would validate a bit and play some good games...In fact, this is the first night in a long time that I didn't have to log into work as soon as I got home. It's been a pretty insane couple of months, I have worked more overtime in the April than I did for all of 2009 so not having to log into work at home has been pretty amazing...I've almost forgotten what I did with my free time, back when I used to have it. :lol: