Do you smoke?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Do you smoke?

Post by eMTe »

Well, there's nothing to praise about, but I just want to state the fact - yes, I do. I quit once, about 6-7 years ago and thought there's no return to the addiction. I was wrong, I started again about half a year ago (mainly because of recent stressful goings-on in my private life :roll: ) and got again to the point when cigarette is no longer only stress killer and becomes tasty. :roll: Now only some miracle could let me quit it again, especially that I smoke only superlights and I say to myself that it wont kill me. And I am wrong again... :roll:

On the other side, if I was able to quit once I can always quit this hedonistic pleasure again... ;)

If you want to share your experiences with quitting dont hesitate to write. If you want to express your hatred against me and my beloved cigarettes (atm) dont hesitate too. ;)

/lights another one

:HM: , where's the smoking smilie? :?
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I think its a disgusting expensive habbit. England is now having a complease no smoking ban in public places such as pubs, resturants and shopping centre. I say that its about time, because people with views such as mine who want to go out and have a good time, can now go and enjoy it without the bar being smoke filled.

But even though I hate smoking I don't hate smokers as a few of my friends do. I don't mind them smoking in their houses when I am around or outside mine, but never inside mine :p.

So thats a big no from me
Monteque
Tycoon

Post by Monteque »

Nope... I don't smoke... Haven't never tried before and will never try... Too expensive... I'm the only non-smoker in my family.... Proud of that. :)
Last edited by Monteque on Fri Mar 17, 2006 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5705/sig2rose5ju.jpg[/img]
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

I don't smoke, because each time I tried it it tastes awful.

I tried my first cigarrete when I wasx about 4-5 years old and me my brother and my cousdins were trying too. I went running to my father telling him how could he liked that murdering buring crap and ... oh well you can figure out the rest

I also tried Cannabis/ganza cigarretes but they tatse awful too

The only drugs I take are computer games, forums, alcohol and women
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I can't say no to that one. I've been a smoker for so many years, that I have lived most of my life as a smoker...

If you supply me with a smoking smilie I will add it...

So far I have used the one on MSN that has a party theme. The smilie is blowing a snake-tongue I think they are called. It had to do with a smoking campaign here in Denmark.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
welp
Patron

Post by welp »

Well, I smoke because lots of people around me do it... I'd smelled same way even if I wasn't smoking... And of course stresfull job doesn't make it any easier to quit... Although I tink I'd like to... At least I want to give it a go in near future...
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

I don't smoke, but most people around me smoke.. I have some respitory diseases, so even smokers who go outside, still carries enough smoke with them, that if they breath in my face, I have a hard time breathing..
But mostly I can cope with it.. I just takes lots of medication if I know I am going to see people who smoke..
I don't like the political work to make every public place smokefree, but I like the idea very well since, it will make my life so much easier.. :)
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Oh FT, sorry to hear that... :(

This little kiddo here *points at himself* smokes and drinks beers... I wont say that I am ashamed of it, but I do understand if some people thinks that I'm just trying to be a smart-ass when they see me smoke.. But I am not.. I smoke only because that I am addicted, and because I like it.. And here in Denmark, it's not (at all) rare to see people at my age smoke.. Actually I think it's about 1/4 or 1/5 people between 15 and 18 who smokes in Denmark.. And you don't have to be 18 or 21 to buy cigarettes or alcohol here.. You only need to be 16, and to be able to show some ID (with picture) if asked..

I think that 1/3 people on my continuation school smokes, and IMO it's very social to smoke, and it can (sometimes) bring a stronger commitment between people.

Therefore, I dont want to quit, and its VERY hard (almost impossible) if you dont feel motivated...

So: Yes, I do smoke.. :roll:
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

8th of mars 2005 I quit smoking. I went out for a jog and when I got back in, I could hardly breathe, and I said to myself that I would quit, and I did. But I will begin again when I´m about 60 years old. This promise I made to myself, and it keeps my going!! hehe
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Wow.. :p I've never heard that one before.. :roll: I think I will make the same promise to myself if I will ever stop.. :p
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Well, it´s a good motivation don´t you think?? hehe, as long as you don´t say;" Well since I will begin again, why quit?" Well good luck, if you decide to try. It´s worth trying.
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

To quit or to start again when you're 60? :roll:

FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Well if your comitment to people only is based on you both are smokers, I would say that you had a very poor friendship..
Not saying that it ain't working, I just think that I wouldn't call that a good friendship..
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I smoked for 3 years, starting it at the age of 18 'just to try it"... Then I agreed with my friends that we will quit, and I was the only one who could do so. And since my sweetheart does not smoke, and he does not like smokers I wouldn't smoke again. Anyway I don't even want to. :)
Oh, and quitting IS easy, you just have to put it down NOW, and never light one again. It also helps if you keep a few cigarettes in your pocket, so you will be way happier that you COULD do it but you DON'T. At least it helped me :)
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

It was absulutely not ment in that way.. I just couldn't translate it correctly...

What I ment to say was: (Sorry for the danish, folks!) Rygning skaber samvær...

espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

Chillum wrote:To quit or to start again when you're 60? :roll:
I was thinking about quitting, with the "start again when you´re 60" as a motivation.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I have never smoked, nor would I want to 'try smoking'. Chicago just enfoced a public smoking ban in restaurnats and bars, which was a big thing there, which I'm happy about. I see a lot of my friends who don't have a lot of money, but they're so addicted, they spend among their last dollars on cigarettes. I tell them how much money they'd have if they gave it up, and they know how much they'd have, but it's overcome them, and they can't. Simply can't. And I've seen the insides of computers from smokers homes, and wonder what the owners' lungs look like. Yeech!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I do smoke.
I have quitted for a few months so many times... And always started it again. Longest break I have had (after I started) was a bit over a year...

What comes to forbidding smoking in oubs etc... Well, I must say I understand why, but I also say that I'm a bit afraid of consequences... I can only imagine all those dead drunk people leaving out from a night club to have a ciccie... When it's freezing cold going out just for a smoke must piss some of them off... And Drunk angry Finns sharing the same space... I think I will go to pubs with my shotgun from nowon...

Well, as I said, I do understand the reasons. But theres other suggested laws that I do not accept at all. Like forbidding smoking on the balcony, or even in your home. Goddamnit! In my opinion one can do whatever they want in their houses! And that should also apply to the balconies. I understand the smoke can travell to other apartments but hell... My balcony is MY AREA! If ppl consider the smoke as a problem, then the law should tell that those who build houses with multiple apartments should arrange it so that smoke cannot get into another apartments from ones balcony!

If they forbid smoking in my home, then hey should make whole smoking totally illegal IMO.
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

I don't smoke myself, and I feel confident that I never will start (besides I'm studying medicine and a smoking doctor doesn't exactly send the best image does it :P)

I don't mind smokers, or smoking either for that case - most of my family smoke and one of my best friends used to, but he managed to quit :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D - unfortunately I doubt that anyone in my family will

Personally I really dislikes going places where people smoke which means that sitting in my parent's kitchen can be some task every now and then, so I guess I support the ideas that have been brought up to make smoking illegal at restaurants and such places ... needless perhaps to say that a great part of my family is against - I don't allow them to smoke in my flat though - mostly because if you smoke in a room that's not usually smoken in it smells for days - I'd like to avoid that
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
elgado
Prospect

Post by elgado »

SGSW wrote:I tried my first cigarrete when I wasx about 4-5 years old and me my brother and my cousdins were trying too. I went running to my father telling him how could he liked that murdering buring crap and ... oh well you can figure out the rest
Concrete respect. I've a Sudanese friend who started chewing tobacco at the age of 7; you're on your road to beating him in my list =D (you beat him this round, but then again he burned one car and crashed another before he could even reach the pedals ^_^ )

Anyways, I tried ciggies a few times; I didn't see the point in it since it didn't taste good and made me cough like a homeless guy.

But I do smoke cigarrillos. Sure, smoking excessive amounts like a pack a day will give you a high risk of mouth and throat cancer, but since you're not supposed to inhale cigarrillos (only to taste), lung cancer and emphysema aren't big issues.

The presentation of the smokes makes them look expensive, whereas they're only a couple cents more expensive than Marlboro. And if you're smoking some of the more fancier brands such as Al Capone, people around you will actually find the smoke enjoyable rather than annoying. One last benefit of cigarrillos over normal cigarettes is that they come in many flavours (rum, mocca, cognac, vanilla) and that they last longer.