Do you have a driverslicence?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

don't come to Denmark then - I believe mine costed around 1400€ and I didn't have more lessons than I needed and I didn't flunk
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
elgado
Prospect

Post by elgado »

Wow. That's a 7.6 years supply of donuts! =O
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Well I have just put in for my theory not too long ago, so if I pass that and pass the practicle then I will be a driver. I'll keep you posted maybe on if I do well or not.
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

Not yet - finally started to take driving lessons this year so as to stop my wife nagging me about it.
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

So how is everyone doing on this? I just came home from my 4th last driving lesson. It was ok, but a woman cut me off on the freeway so I couldn't get out onto the road. I had to drive up a ramp and down on the other side. :viking:

But the rest was ok. Only some minor mistakes, and my teach seems to be fine with me going to the test soon. (BTW: He has said that he will offer free extra driving lessons if we flunk, so he has nothing to gain from us failing...) Now that is service!
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Eric
Patron

Post by Eric »

I didn't have lessons when learning to drive.... does one really need to learn this?? I figured it was like breathing and just came naturally. Though you do need to be familiar with cars in the first place I suppose.

In Australia we have a system of "L" and "P" (Learner and Provisional) drivers licences. When learning to drive (either with an instructor or any adult licenced driver) you are on your L's and when you past the test (written and practical) your are on your P's.

L's mean you can only drive with a licenced driverin the car and your P's you can drive alone but there are limitations on your maximum speed (80-90KmH). It's not a bad system actually.
:balloon::balloon: A proud propieter and advocate of tyranny :balloon::balloon:
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I've had my driver's license for about 9 years now, I was a late bloomer, getting it at 17, when legal age here in Canada is 16. Although we have to pass 1 written and 2 road tests, I failed the second road test horribly...I ran through a red light about 5 minutes into the test, I also got 147 errors out of a maximum of 40 or something like that.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I had to change my status in here :D

YES I DO HAVE A LICENSE NOW :D:D:D:D

Kind of funny that Pager sees himself as a late bloomer getting it at 17, while I am one year older and just got it now... That makes me ... The compostpile or something....

--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Well my driving test is only a few weeks away so just like my theory I am not telling you when it is exactly. But I will keep you posted on if I officially become a driver
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

This is probably going to sound kind of funny. I have a license to drive trains, but not a license to drive cars.
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I got mine when I turned 18. It has been 10 years now. My mom paid for it, and up until the age of 25 I was driving a Ford Sierra 1.6 (our previous family car).

On August 2003 I got my first car (A Ford Focus 1.4 but with lots of mods!) and I am still with this car. I love it, but I wish I had more horsepower (it is already upgraded from 75hp to 107hp but I want MORE!! :lol: !!)
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pepsi
Mod

Post by Pepsi »

at last.... got mine driverslicence today :D *hugs the car keys*
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats Peps. Now get off the road so the rest of us can feel safe. :lol:

--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

Chroelle wrote:Well I had to change my status in here :D

YES I DO HAVE A LICENSE NOW :D:D:D:D

Kind of funny that Pager sees himself as a late bloomer getting it at 17, while I am one year older and just got it now... That makes me ... The compostpile or something....
Sorry for making you feel like a heap of compost...maybe I should have made myself clearer, but I'm a late bloomer from a small farming community in Canada, right smack dab in the middle of nowhere, without any public transit around.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting