Do you have a driverslicence?

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Do you have a driverslicence?

Post by Chroelle »

Do you have a driverslicense, and how old where you when you got it?

Did you pay yourself or did your parents?

Do you own a car, and do you drive regularly.

Lots of questions :D

I'm currently taking my drivers licence, and at the age of 27 I'm pretty old considering that you can get it from age 18 in Denmark.

I only started taking it because we got a car - a 2001 or so Hyundai Accent.

I should get the permit in about a month or month and a half.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I have a driving license (temporary, as I've not yet completed the 'second part'), which I got last spring. My parents generously offered to pay it for me, which was very welcome; actually, without them paying I wouldn't have even considered getting myself a license, as I don't really feel it necessary at the moment. I simply prefer walking, riding a bike or travelling by train whenever possible.
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

I took mine as soon as I could which means that I got mine as 18.. I paid for it myself, but i saved like 1 hour and 25 minutes of travel back and forth to school..
Before I had my drivers license I used to take the bus at 5:50 since the busdriver had to have 10 minutes break 2 times before anyone else got on the bus, so it was always around 15 minutes late..
But after i got my license I just got up at 7:15.. It gives some more sleep, so i never had trouble staying awake after that :P
Don't own a car, and do not intend to, as long as I can borrow one of my parents cars.. ;)
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

I don't have a licence, but I would like to have one and I will as soon as I finish university and will have time
I don't have a car, but my parents own a quite crappy 10+years old suzuki
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hmm.. AFAIR, no.. :rolleyes:

No, I do not have a drivers licence.. Since I'm only 16 (soon 17), but you have to be 18 in DK.. :p
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Schmidter
Prospect

Post by Schmidter »

I have Driver License :) Got it last year! :)

I payed for it all by myself, damm it was expensive :-O :S

And I dont have a car, it cost's to much money, but i drive reguarly in my sisters car or my parrents ;):)
[img]http://www.easi.net.nz/images/homer.gif[/img]
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I don't have a license yet but I am working on it :D
I am busy learning how to drive, I stated learning about 2 years ago but didn't like who was teaching me so I left and started again last september...so hopefully soom I will have one :D
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

I am a relic in Poprtugal, don't have a driver's license and I have my parents trying to "force" me to take it since I was 18. I am 26 and a half now
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Heimnar
Prospect

Post by Heimnar »

I've got mine when I was 17 (youngest possible to get it in Poland). My parents paid for the license, which wasn't really expensive at that time.
Now we've got (me and my wife) our own car (Toyota Avensis 1999) which is maybe a bit old (7 years soon) but it is still great. I really like it. It never breaks, maintenance is quite cheap, fuel consumption - reasonable, and enough power under the pedal for my liking. Of course I could use some more =), but I prefer comfort during long voyages over the high performance (which usually goes with stiffer suspension - which in turn is "pain in the ass", literally, when you are driving for more than 12 hours=). Last year my car took as for a long trip to Norway and we were very happy with that. It managed pretty good on norwegian narrow and steep roads.
Podpisano - kot BEHEMOT
http://zxplanet.emuunlim.com/ - ZX SPECTRUM place for fanatics :welcome:
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

I got mine as soon as I was legally allowed (17 in Australia). I paid for it myself...it wasn't very expensive 'cause I already knew how to drive so I didn't need to pay for lessons.

I don't own a car at the moment...mainly because I don't really need one. On weekdays I have access to a delivery van owned by the company I work for.

I have owned several cars and one motorbike in the past tho...a ford Cortina (trashed beyond repair by a friend), a Mitsubishi Galant (sold it), a Ford Falcon XD (stolen...grrrr), 1 old monster of a Ford Falcon XB (my favorite (gave to friend when I left Melbourne), and a Honda XL350 trail bike (sold it)...all bring back good memories.
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Prideth
Patron

Post by Prideth »

Never got one and never want one. Am happy to use public transport, or grab a lift with others now and then.

I did think about it when I was a teen, but my parents wouldn't teach me and I couldn't afford lessons, so never got around to learning how to drive. Now I figure there are enough idiots on the roads without me joining in.
[size=75][color=darkblue]Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day[/color][/size]
Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

Then I suppose you don't have dozens of homeless on public transport in your country... :D
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Now I have moved to Copenhagen, but at the time I took my drivers licence, I used public transportation 4 hours a day.. 2:30 one was 1:30 the other way.. Was dependant on which way the bus drove.. Was living as far away from civilization as you can.. ;)
I don't mind using the public transportation, it often just takes to long..
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Yes I use public transportattions too until I get the license, and then we still have to share the car, me and the GF....:roll: so I'll propably be using busses for a while yet :D
In all other seasons than winter I ride my bike to work. Gives a pleasant start for the day, but then again the distances aren't that big in Denmark.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Monteque
Tycoon

Post by Monteque »

I don't have a license....

I just use the public transportations... Don't mind using it... :)
Atm I'm only using public transportation an hour a day... :)
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5705/sig2rose5ju.jpg[/img]
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

yup, I´ve got it. Got it october 27th 2005. Which is quite late since I could have gotten it at the age of 18 (I am/was 21) I paid for it myself and I now own a Mazda 323 from 1991 (it´s RED!!!) I like it though. Outruns a lot of cars at short distances, hehe.
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Since I find a lot of my customers on the bus and train, I have never wanted a driver's license. Besides, being a transit enthusiest, I'm perfectly happy on buses and trains, except when I get an unfreindly driver or crew member. :(
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I do have a lisence. I got it... let me count.. 9 years ago, when I turned to 18.

Espie, youre having a Mazda? And 323? Excellent choice ;) Thumbs up!

I do use a car for almost all of my travelling, for short and long distances. Unfortunately it's not cheap to keep a car... Compulsory insurances are ridiculously expencive... I have never needed it, but I still have had to pay it every frigging year. Then when you add taxes and fuel expences to it... Bah!

On the otherhand... Now that I'm used to use a car, it feels uncomfortable to use busses in the town. Being tied on the schedules is irritating, even though busses here tend to go the main routes for every 15 mins... Also at rush-hour it's a bitch. Stopping at every 100 meters to pick up more people makes it to last for ages just to go a short bit...

Perhaps that's the reason that when I was out of car for a while last summer, I rode by bike at work (~7 kilometres) rather than paid for using busses :/
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

I have one - got it one month after I turned 18 (crappy timing - most of the people I know were able to aim it so that they got it 2 days after they turned 18 or so :P)

my parents paid

I don't have a car

I don't drive as much as I used to since I moved out on my own, but I still borrow my parent's car now and then
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
elgado
Prospect

Post by elgado »

The national mafia here has made getting a license so expensive I'm thinking about getting it in another EU country.

1,000 euros is just too much to fork over to some bureaucrat.