The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I dont think it sounds like it is not fun. Such activities always turn out to be extremely well-spent time.
Have a good trip RyM.

I am looking forward to spending some time doing stuff I want to today, instead of things I have to.
Might even validate a game or two today if I find time.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Yeah, the scout camp work was fun. The rose bushes were a pain, but overall it was fun.

I got a Celeron M delivered yesterday that I bought on eBay. a 1.6 GHz CPU, 30 GB HDD, and a combo drive, all for about $100. Has a broken power jack that I've already repaired. Nice computer. Has a 15" screen too. Wait, maybe this belongs under 'why are you happy' thread. :)
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Just wanted to say :birthday: Tinoco! :D
May you have a good one with your family.

--Mark Twain
Pepsi
Mod

Post by Pepsi »

HAPPY B-DAY Railwaymodeler!!

...yea that was about what i had to say
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy birthday, Railwaymodeler! Have a nice party with your friends and your family!

:birthday: :Cheers: :beersong: :cake:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Hallo Birhday Raillo!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

!!! Birthday, Happy, Railetc. !!!

:Yahoo:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

A little card for you
Attachments
For Raillo.JPG
For Raillo.JPG (24.22 KiB) Viewed 23096 times

--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAILIO!!

:Clap: :beersong: :Cheers: :beersong: :Clap:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Happy Birthday!!!!!
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy birthday, Platon!!! :birthday:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

:Birthday: Platon. Say hi to the family.

--Mark Twain
Tank

Post by Tank »

Not much happing here these days I guess. Happy belated b-day to Platon and Happy Birthday to Zandrav!

Icetea please! So, how's the weather in - well, where you live? It's raining for 2-3 days in here Central Germany.
Enjoy your stay.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Been sunnyish in mid Finland =)
It's annoying to be this tired. I should be playing on yard with the kiddo, but I feel so tired. This sucks. I wish I could enjoy playing with him, but at the moment it feels more like a duty. I am just waiting the clock tics towards 21PM, so I can go to sleep with him :/ Well, thanks god my work schedule should ease up a bit after this week (IE I believe I'll be able to return back to normal workdays). Then it's only a few weeks till my lil summerholiday :)

Mmm.. weekend is approaching too :) I believe I'll go to fishing with the kiddo, if weather stays this nice. IE I try to keep the kiddo out of the water, while fishes eat my baits :D It should do good for us ^_^
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think you are right, about it doing good. The weather has been very shifty here the last couple of days. One minutes it is 27 degrees in the shade, and the next it is brewing up a thunderstorm, and the sky is dark and grey. That however means that it is perfect weather for my allergies to go beserk. Dammit....
Other than that I got so many meetings coming up this week, that all my time goes to preparations, and in the same time me and Tanja are looking at houses because the house-markets are looking good for us at the moment.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

You are really looking for a house after you spent so much work in your new apartment last year? :shock:
Tank

Post by Tank »

Pater Alf wrote:You are really looking for a house after you spent so much work in your new apartment last year? :shock:
I was going to ask the same...
Enjoy your stay.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

And so was I :D Well, you know what they say about time and golden memories... :D

EDIT:
Besides, aren't it so that if you get better prize when you sell your house because prizes are high, then you'll also need to pay higher prize for the home you're going to buy? So what's the benefit? :D
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

@Chroelle,

Thanks for the birthday card. I've been kind of depressed lately, so haven't been visiting forums much.

Is it just me, or the the cost for a Project Wonderful ad here going down?
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Actually they have been fluctuating quite a bit. One day they pay us 2 cents and the next day 30-40 cents. So some of the time they are worth it :D
As long as I dont have to do so much to maintain them, I think we can live with the low income. I also support the idea behind project wonderful, which buys them a little credit.
I haven't had to shovel any money into the PW-account the last month or so because cost-expense relations have been very even. So it works. And we get our ads shown to at least 20.000 a day. And the places where the ads show is now also changing, so it is not the same 20.000 every day. This gives us some visitors, and that helps.

Your welcome regarding the B-day card. I hope you had a good one. Sad to hear you have been down though. Feel free to get a pick-me-up on me from the bar.

Also I am having a very good week. My workplace have gotten a bag of money to share between the staff, but it has to be dependant on the functions the staff possess. Most people got 2000 Danish Kroner extra a year (ca. little under 400€). I got 7000!
(Around 550€).
This actually is quite a lot since my kind of job normally gets nothing and when we do get something we get something more insulting than helping.

Regarding the moving, then it actually has soemthing to do with monthly rent. We have to pay so much a month that it is hard for us to afford it, but we can actually get off easier in a house. The value of this type of apartement rises without connection to the house market, so the apartement is actually a very cheap purchase for anyone considering the area it is placed in, but the area we are looking at houses in is pretty cheap, but that also has to mean that you have to choose the right neighbourhoods, if you dont want to live with junkies, drunks and such as your neighbourghs.
But the ideal situation would be that rent in our current apartement would drop. Then we would stay for sure, because we have been very lucky with getting this apartement in this area. It is one of the most expensive areas in Denmark, and also with high income housing and the kind of atmosphere that that brings.
I try not to sound posh, because really I am not, but I have to think of my daughter.

--Mark Twain