The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Ok a little update here on my situation.

Things are looking a bit up after a great weekend where Tanja was able to get up and out of bed, and help me do some stuff in the apartment. That meant that a lot of boxes got emptied out, shelves got set and filled, and stuff was moved away. That now means that I am getting very close to having a life...

Nights are spent doing chores, and days are spent doing chores and working, and such, so time is very little to even sit at the computer. I haven't sat at the computer since last time I wrote in here.
I am thinking alot about how I want to find some time and add some games in here, but I am not sure when it will be. I am not saying that I am feeling bad about being inactive, but I have a genuine desire to get some things done, because I think that means to me that I am getting my life back :) Does that sound at all sane?

I know that there might be a lot of games backed up waiting to be added, but are any of them recommended more than others? I think I will be adding games before I validate, as I am finding it hard to find the time to actually dive into playing something...

How is everyone else, and hasn't it been a while since we heard from eMTe??? Does anyone know anything?

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Hi Chroelle! Nice to see you around and great to hear that you finally seems to get your life back (sounds like you've been innocently imprisoned for years ;)).

For me things are going well. Had to work a lot during the last month, but now I have some days off and since the beginning of the month I finally got a unlimited contract at work (after three years of being just the stand-in for a sick collegue).
I still hope that I will be more active for the site again soon and chances are not that bad. I think when the winter comes I will be more in the mood to play games again.

About eMTe: I think we haven't heard of him since he wrote about his problematical personal situation. I really hope he's doing well...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Me too. I am a little worried, I have to say. Not that he is hurt or anything, but simply if life is treating him bad. Perhaps I will go write him on Facebook or something, but on the other side I dont want to go poking him without a reason...
(please dont read anything sexual into that sentence)

On another a bit more cheery note. Happy Birthday Pager. :)
(Well I will let you tell us wether it is as cheery as I insinuate.)

Oh, and when winter comes I will be playing some more as well, and doing some more work in here.

And last but not least. Congrats on the contract PA!
I round of coffees for everyone. :)

--Mark Twain
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I'm a little shy, so i don't talk much about other people's business, but it does worry me when i hear that different persons are having a hard time. It's not because i don't care. I'm just not the person that's good at talking about everyday stuff.
But i hope it gets better.
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Well, it was a pretty good birthday, Sarah arranged to have some of my school friends come over for cake and chit-chat. It was pretty good to see everyone since I have been so brutally busy the past couple of weeks.

It is good to hear that Tanja was able to have a good day where she able to be up and about, I can completely relate, my wife had her gall bladder removed a few weeks ago and then was rushed to the hospital with surgery complications a week and a half ago, so I was in between working 12 hour days and being at the hospital, so eventually my boss told me to take a few days off to collect myself. Work has been rough for the last little while needless to say, I have had little time to play any games, i only tend to log into Facebook for a few hours then that is it.

Congratulations on the contract PA!

I as well would like to know how eMTe is doing? first I thought we lost him in the floods in Poland, now his personal life, I hope he is doing well.

I have had 5 cakes this birthday and I hope I never see cake again. :puke:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Here's another birthday cake... :mrgreen:
Attachments
big_birthday_cake.jpg
big_birthday_cake.jpg (53.61 KiB) Viewed 10007 times
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Gall bladder eh...been there with Tanja some years ago as some migh remember. Almost killed her... Glad to hear that Sarah is doing well again.

I just checked on eMTes profile and it has been since august that he last visited. I think I might poke him on Facebook.

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Just visited Facebook, and now I am very worried... He has deleted me as a friend, and currently only has one friend in there, which is a girl (his girlfriend?).
He removed his pic in there, and it seems he might be trying to fall off the planet in there. I wrote him a message that we were worried, and hoped he was ok, though we assumed he wasn't. I hope he will take the opportunity to write me back...

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I deleted two posts, because they were made by another spambot... :(
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Damn the SPAM!
:Wallbang:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am sitting at work currently watching some food cook that I made for the kids. Spaghetti with a meatsauce. It smells amazing.... I can't wait to eat it.

At the end of today I am on vacation, so it will be one week of relaxing and kicking back and just letting things slide...oh...wait...it wont?..Oh, it will be a week of cleaning, assembling IKEA furniture, and running chores? So when can I come back to work?...A week from now...! Damn...!

Jokes aside, I hope to find a day where I can simply relax at the computer and possibly get some games added to this place, and get it running again. Perhaps I can talk Tanja into visiting a friend or something?

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

As some of you might have read in the "I am happy today" thread, this was supposed to be my day at the computer. I have been waiting for weeks for such a day, and after going to IKEA for one more time, and getting more furniture to assemble on ANY OTHER DAY THAN TODAY, Tanja took Anna out the door, and left me alone with lots of time to myself. I visited CWF, and read the new posts and got ready to go to the main page to add some games... Wait...what is this? The front page wont load... Hm... Maybe I should contact Zyx... I go back to the forum...but wait...forums wont load...Oh no...Google wont load...
My internet went down, and after trying for ages to get back online, I grabbed my phone only to find that that was offline as well. Gladly I remembered that I ahd the kit ready from the new ISP that should work without problems. I use 30 minutes setting it up...nothing!
Imagine the horror that struck me right there. I had no phone, no computer and no connection at all.
So.... I got some more furniture assembled...:rolleyes:
And now 30 minutes before Tanja is coming home, my internet decides to kick back in... I am SO spending the evening at the comp.

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:As some of you might have read in the "I am happy today" thread, this was supposed to be my day at the computer. I have been waiting for weeks for such a day, and after going to IKEA for one more time, and getting more furniture to assemble on ANY OTHER DAY THAN TODAY, Tanja took Anna out the door, and left me alone with lots of time to myself. I visited CWF, and read the new posts and got ready to go to the main page to add some games... Wait...what is this? The front page wont load... Hm... Maybe I should contact Zyx... I go back to the forum...but wait...forums wont load...Oh no...Google wont load...
The site was down this morning for me too. I was trying to edit my posts but in the middle of it all suddenly my browser tells me that curlysworldoffreeware.com can't be found. Yay. Once I got to work the forums worked again, so I guess it was a glitch at Surftown's end.
So.... I got some more furniture assembled...
So, now you have finally something you can sit on while using your computer? =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Oh was it only so. No, now I have something to put my clothes in, and yesterday it was something to sit by when eating and something to sit as well. Tomorrow it is somewhere to put all the books we have stacked in the corridor currently.
And hopefully I can find some time to relax a bit tomorrow, as Tanja announced she will be out the door for about an hour or so. But...we are having a family-get-together here this sunday, so the apartment needs to be relatively done by then. :rolleyes:

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

:marathon:

I ran the Dresden half-marathon today and I was much better than I ever would've expected. 1:43:46 was my official time and that means that I beat my old best time for about 13 minutes. I'm happy and proud of myself!

:Bearhug:
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:I ran the Dresden half-marathon today and I was much better than I ever would've expected. 1:43:46 was my official time and that means that I beat my old best time for about 13 minutes. I'm happy and proud of myself!
Congrats! That is a very good time!

I think I forgot to mention that I ran a full marathon a while ago. However, it was the Marathon du Médoc. Probably not the best choice for my first marathon. It was fun, though, running through the different wine estates of Bordeaux.

:beersong:

Uhh... so, my time? 6:20:43.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

And there were still about 1400 finishers that were slower than you. I mean you finished a marathon and that is certainly more than anyone of us can say. I'm thinking about running one in 2012, but I'm still not sure about that.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:And there were still about 1400 finishers that were slower than you.
Well, this is a run that half of the people don't finish (6:30 is the limit). Because this run is not about the time. It's a fun thing to do, but not a pleasant thing to run as there are lot of people on narrow gravel roads with superhero costumes on. It does get better after the half-marathon, though. Both the running and the wines.
I mean you finished a marathon and that is certainly more than anyone of us can say. I'm thinking about running one in 2012, but I'm still not sure about that.
Come on, with your half-marathon time it's not a real problem. I didn't really train for that marathon at all and I was dressed up as a ninja and I still ran a decent half-marathon (around 2:30 if I remember correctly) and ran continuously (except for short wine tastings) for 30km (our plan was to run 30km and walk the rest and enjoy the wines and food then). Then again, the people who have actually run marathons tell me that the real challenge lies after 30 km. I don't think I could've run the whole thing through even if I wasn't drinking wine half the time; the rest of the time I was drinking water as it was over 30 degrees from a clear sky on that day. Then again, I don't really have any plans to run a real marathon any time soon. It really becomes a mind game after the 30km.

Really fun event to take part in a group. I have no idea why anyone would want to go there alone or actually try to run it competitively.

Oh, and we used peer pressure to make one of our friends run the whole thing dressed up as Super Mario. :D
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Zyx wrote:
Pater Alf wrote: I mean you finished a marathon and that is certainly more than anyone of us can say. I'm thinking about running one in 2012, but I'm still not sure about that.
Come on, with your half-marathon time it's not a real problem...
You're right. Finishing a marathon probably wouldn't be a problem. But if I ever run one, I want to be sure that I can do it in a time around 4:20. Of course I'm talking about a "real" marathon. A fun thing including wine tastings is certainly somthing else and I can imagine to do such a thing with a group of friends and not care for the time in at all.

But still I think it is a great achievement to finish such a run/walk. How many people would even walk 42 km when there are 30 degrees and the sun is burning and they drank some wine?