The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Ugh, I hate summer... I never get enough sleep, so constantly tired, headache, sweating all the time due to humidity and/or heat, and I still have to go to work. I'm thinking of trying to sleep away the entire afternoon, just because I feel like crap. Again. And the weather isn't even very good, so just imagine what it'll be like when it gets really hot. *sigh* Complaining isn't helping, though. Back to bed!
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

What do you mean by really hot?

I am asking because in the past week in Athens we had from 43 to 47 degrees Celsius!
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I wonder what he´s talking about? In germany it was raining and storming most of the time the last week and we had hardly anything higher than 20 degrees celsius. Is the weather really that different in Danmark???
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Not that much different, it's been in the 20s, but it's just so humid! I sweat like a pig when the humidity gets above a certain point, and get headaches too. And any more than 25 degrees Celsius plus humidity, and I die a slow death. At 30 degrees, I simply fold. When I was in Rome, there was one day where I almost fainted. I'm Arctic bred, and I'll never get used to non-Arctic climes. Back to bed again.
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I, on the other hand, am in love with sun and the heat. I need desert heat (50+ C) to say that I don' t feel well.
For some reason I don't sweat at all comparing to some of my friends, so I don't have a problem ;)
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

So let´s hope that we all get the weather we need to feel well this summer.

Next round of beer is on my tab!

:Cheers:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

That was a good sleep. Now I don't have a huge headache, just a small one. :)

Yeah, I knew a girl who felt like you, Spanek, she was always cold, and I was always hot. As much as we liked one another, we agreed it would never work out. *sigh*

I think I have a high metabolism or something, my skin is always very warm, and it takes very little to make me sweat.

I won't feel well this summer, I never do, and I haven't done so far, I just feel like complaining about it sometimes. ;) Just give me something cold to drink and I'll survive this summer as well. Somehow.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Free beer? I'm in!

I'm the same way, scythe. I tend to run warm, which causes hell with my medication. The end result in this chain can be a very irratable grouchy mood. Not good.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Glad to hear I'm not alone. A symptom: Whenever I'm holding hands, mine are always the warm ones.

Phew, what a night at work. Payday, friday night, final high school exams over... Drunk people everywhere! At least we got nice rain. :D
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I must admit that the weather the last few days in DK has been pretty weird and annoying. I dont work well with humidity, but I dont have a problem in general with heat. I have a high metabolism too, and this pretty much means that whenever my GF has cold feet, they "simply need" to come and get heated on my thighs...:rolleyes:
Well, I must admit that I like the sun, but as it brings about my allergies (pollen-allergi to grass an birch-tree) I always like a good long shower of rain from time to time.

I dont think I have a favourtie kind of weather though. I only run in the rain since it makes my body cool off at the same time, and when the sun is out, I am too, making barbeques and drinking beers with my mates on the lawn.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Two more days to my 5 week summerbreak from work. I cant wait to get my feet up and spend some time with the GF and Anna. I am also planning on playing a lot of freeware games during these weeks. But with babies you just dont know how things will work out.

Are you all having breaks this summer and are you going travelling?

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I´m still looking for a new job (the farm kindergarten told me I didn´t get the job two days ago :(). So I have lots of time at the moment, but I will better hold my money together, because I probably won´t get any money from the state for the first three months of unemployment (because I quit the old job myself).

So I think there won´t be any travelling this summer...
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I already had my vacation, where I went to Italy. No more vacation for me till October.

Sorry to hear that, Ralfie... Wanna drown your sorrows in a few bottles? I'm paying.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

To be honest, it´s not that bad to have a lot of free time at the moment (I just hope the weather gets better soon) and I think I get along with the money I saved as long as I don´t spent it with both hands.

But thank you for the drinks anyway!

:Cheers:
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

One good way to spend free time is of course to be drinking with your buddies, so I say, let's hit those bottles! :beersong:

Yeah, ok, the rest of you can joing us too.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I believe I'll go to fridge and have a beer too. It has been hot as in hell day today. I have felt uncomfortable ever since I left my well air conditioned workplace :( (except the half an hour I spent in my air conditioned car... This means I'll propably have my neck and head aching at night :( )

And I REALLY wish I had some holidays too.. But I do not really can brag with my vacations. Been at this job only after last september means I only have 14 days.. And when we remember saturdays are counted as vacation days too, that makes about 2 weeks... :|

But let's be happy because it is warm (not hot) summer night, and I am going to open a beer. ^_^
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Some more drinks for all of you:

:morebeer: :Cheers: :beersong: :TGIF: :shots: :Givemebeer: :pepsi:
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Yay! Thanks Alfie :)

I just changed the positioning of 'review' button in Maz Style at gameInfo page. I believe that could perhaps fit to your style too Spanny? (You're not forced to do any changes, I just thought the review thingy is not too visible since even our admin and review validator leader forgot we can have reviews done :rolleyes:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

PA all drinks until you get paid are on me. :D

And BTW Maz... I think Scythe i review validator leader, while PA is Game hunter leader :D
Might be all the same people though :D

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I think Maz knows that. ;)