The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Funny you should say that. Apparently, in Italian, Pace means peace, and there is the Italian Peace flag:

Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hi everybody.

I know its been a long time, and I have been neglecting the site hugely, but my priorities changed a lot lately, with my children taking up a lot more of my time, and houserepairs and work taking up the rest. I haven't had any time to play anything (not even Minecraft) in spite of vacation time. My interest in Freeware games have shifted as well, and time used on my company has also been reduced. So all in all I dont open the computer much these days, which also means I dont drop by CWF as much as I would before.

Today I found time as I was wondering to myself how everyone was doing. Not CWF, but "the guys".
It is still hard to hear about all the trouble you have to go through Raillo, but I am glad you have a positive perspective on things. The only thread I have time to visit today is this one, but if there is anything I am missing in other threads then please feel free to tell me.
The whole idea of a new system might be a good idea. CWF wont get any new content otherwise as it looks now. So I say go. :) I might even add a few games should I stumble on something. :)

Other than that I just wanted to say HI! I hoep everyone is doing well.
Now to go put up a shelf in the bathroom before I have to pick up Molly.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Railwaymodeler wrote:Funny you should say that. Apparently, in Italian, Pace means peace,
I seriously doubt the bosses of your archnemetic organisation know Italian. :wink:
Chroelle wrote:I have been neglecting the site hugely, but my priorities changed a lot lately, with my children taking up a lot more of my time, and houserepairs and work taking up the rest. I haven't had any time to play anything (not even Minecraft) in spite of vacation time. My interest in Freeware games have shifted as well, and time used on my company has also been reduced. So all in all I dont open the computer much these days, which also means I dont drop by CWF as much as I would before.
I think it can be simply summed up as "times change". 8)

Oh, and everybody is doing well, even if sometimes it seems otherwise. It's called "life". 8)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Yeah, life sucks, but it carries on. .. hopefully!!

Good to see you're still around, even if it's not so often. We're all happy to say hi, and it's nice to stay in touch.
\o hello o/
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

eMTe wrote:
Railwaymodeler wrote:Funny you should say that. Apparently, in Italian, Pace means peace,
I seriously doubt the bosses of your archnemetic organisation know Italian. :wink:
Very true. But the irony is hilarious! Pace in Italian means Peace. In English, it seems to mean Perpetual War.

Another 10 to 14 days around here. Getting a temporary place just north of state line, partly because I have to testify against the City of Waukegan on the 20th in court, and want to be in the area for that, and partly because we're still working on paperwork for a house in the north woods.

This past Friday, Maria and I were at the bank, and in line I saw an old coworker from City Hall's maintenance complex, who usually was assigned to working in the police department. He was forced into retirement a couple years ago, but I was telling him about Pace, and now about testifying against the city itself. As he knew the man who I am helping by giving testimony, he said it was very good that someone has had the guts to stand up to the mess around here. He also said something that made me really think: "Justice does not exist anymore for the common man". My response was "It does, but only because of a dedicated few who actively work to ensure it does". I think that about sums up the past few years quite nicely. In the end, being involved in such matters as actively standing against intimidation, corruption, and criminal activity has been very difficult, and hazardous at times, but the reward is a wife, a daughter, a sizable model train collection, and a pile of money to live comfortably for a very long time.

I got to start working on that book soon, that I've mentioned.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

The day you stood up against all this, you stopped being "the common man"! The common man would've took it sitting down, and carried on. You're much, much more than the common man!
Three cheers for the man with a wife, daughter and train collection :D
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Ok this is bad...I forgot my freakin' password. :oops:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Pager

Post by Pager »

Two days, two passwords...both totally forgotten. I have never felt so damn old.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Did you have to hack your way into? :D
Pager

Post by Pager »

Sadly no. I took the straight and narrow way of doing things. Submitting e-mail, logging into e-mail, clicking link, copying and pasting new password, proceeding to delete e-mail, post some replies, log out, forget password, rinse and repeat. :oops:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Not very interesting. :|
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Waffling Health Update

I'm running out of places that I can privately rant like this. As family members begin to actually take note of my web-presence, there's not many quiet back-of-the-web places that I can post quiet little things like this.
Not sure why I like posting these, here, but.. I do!
Apologies!!
Please feel free to ignore my quiet little rant about my health!

-=-=-

I seem to be stuck in an odd little rut.
My mind's fine, and I feel fit and healthy, but the slightest movement knocks me off balance and I can't even stand for long periods of time. I've gotten cleanliness down to a three-day process. Bath one day, shave the next, wash hair on the third, then back to bath in day four.
It's really frustrating, since I WANT to get up and do things, but my lack of balance is ensuring I'm staying put.
Grrr.

I'm currently midway through putting in a claim for P.I.P which pays a minimal amount each week to disabled folk to ensure they can survive.
Everyone around me is insisting that I deserve this, and that it's only natural to need something like this, after "all you've been through."
.. Doesn't stop you feeling like you're being a lazy git, though.

Times like this that make you wish your whole "AGameAWeek" thing had actually taken off. That way I could survive off that. Nnngh..

But I carry on, and gradually things are improving. I'm managing short strolls around the street, about two or three times a week. Have to take mum with me, because I can't look around, and may collapse at any moment. But at least it's outside the house for a change.
I'd like to expand our little walks a bit, but there aren't many places available where I can stop for an hour or so, to rest between getting there, and coming back! All our friends are either so close that it's not worth it, or so far away that it's a good half hour walk or more! Bah!!
Still, I am slowly returning to normality.

... Just sort of wish I was there, already. A year and a half if such a long time for a guy who normally operates on a week by week basis!!
Pager

Post by Pager »

jayenkai wrote:Not sure why I like posting these, here, but.. I do!
Funny thing that...I'm sure you're not the only who posts things here that they would not normally say to other people, or post in a drama palace such as facebook. I'd like to think of the village square like the bar from Cheers, or the better yet, the bar from Billy Joel's The Piano Man.

jayenkai wrote: Doesn't stop you feeling like you're being a lazy git, though.
Don't worry about feeling like a lazy git. I know a few people that collect disability here that never bathe, that have absolutely no drive to do anything except copious amounts of drugs paid for by the government. Those people are lazy freakin' gits. You know why you deserve it? Because you strive to be better and you have enough a conscience that you feel bad for taking it.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Couldn't have put it better myself Pager.

I've always pictured The little Inn as Cheers in my head as well. Funny. Just hoping I am not Cliff Clavin... :-(

(Pager: With your forgetfullness regarding passwords - you might be Coach from the initial episodes though.)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Pager as Coach?! Chroelle's trying to kill off Pager!!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Pager wrote:I'm sure you're not the only who posts things here that they would not normally say to other people
You should attend Cracow wine tasting afterparties. If I would post what is being said there I would be probably put under surveillance by FBI. Or placed in psych ward. :D

I mean...uh, I hear nurse's footsteps in the corridor, they get angry when I use internet.

/logout
Pager

Post by Pager »

eMTe wrote:
Pager wrote:I'm sure you're not the only who posts things here that they would not normally say to other people
You should attend Cracow wine tasting afterparties. If I would post what is being said there I would be probably put under surveillance by FBI.
Nonsense...that would be the CIA. You'd have a satellite pointed at your house 24/7, and the garden gnomes in your neighbourhood would have little cameras for eyes.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

That reminds me... This morning when I turned around I can swear I saw those gnomes who always watch me when I am not watching. I'll catch one of the bastards some day.
Pager

Post by Pager »

I'm sure someone would gauge craziness in the amount of minutes it would take someone to capture a ceramic garden gnome. Of course you could argue that on the other side, and say pure genius may construct an elaborate device to capture it just in case the possibility it is not ceramic.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Uh...I was talking about alive ones. Those ceramic ones...I checked them, they don't have any mysterious devices inside.