The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Chroelle »

MAZZIE! MAtey! Nice to see you again.
Getting married again? I didn't even know you were in a new relationship...
Good for you though!

PA - Thanks for the cough! I have corrected that. I cant believe I forgot!
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Chroelle wrote:MAZZIE! MAtey! Nice to see you again.
Getting married again? I didn't even know you were in a new relationship...
Good for you though!
Well, then you propably didnt know I had third son either :D Thats what you get when you dont visit Finland and us often enough =]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

CONGRATS!

When was this 3rd heir to the Finnish Iron Throne born?

--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Thanks:) Soon an year has passed since our young "I do things as I want and when I want" decided to born - two months before expected and backwards... Well, it was a rough start with scary moments, but now its all good!
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Hey Maz, good to see you! :D wow! Double congrats to you, both for having another kid and for getting married! :D How's life been treating you lately? How are your living conditions? (I seem to remember you had issues with your house)
Dizi wrote:He's gorgeous Tormuse :D
See, Chroelle? The ladies like my two foot snake! ;) (sorry, sorry) :P
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

:kisslove: :cheekkiss: Hi there my lovely shadow :cheekkiss: :kisslove: congrats on the new(ish) addition to your family and your upcoming marriage.
Tormuse wrote: See, Chroelle? The ladies like my two foot snake! ;) (sorry, sorry) :P
:jawdrop: :roll: :p
Last edited by Dizi on Thu May 16, 2013 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Hello Dizzie, source of my inspiration :Bearhug:
I looked at your portfolio and immediately decided that I need to have one too =] So I wrote some lines of html and css just to set some bits in the net ^_^ Anyone willing to point out the spelling/grammar errors can go see http://www.student.oulu.fi/~mavaitti/networking/ and then bash me here. There's nothing quite as annoying as misspelled portfolios =/

@Torm, you recall correctly. I bought a house when I was young and fool. Then it turned out the house was not so good (mold), and I sold it. I still have something like 30000 euros debt left, and no house... But the bright side is that neither me, nor my kids had any persistent health issues from that rotten house.

Currently I live in rented flat, which is too small for us when we are all there. But we're searching for new house with Johanna, and I am slowly getting up from the financial gutter =] So I could say that things are allright as long as I can keep my work :)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Teehee, my portfolio is a mess, I've not touched it in a couple of years and can guarantee that the grammar is appalling :p

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but as you said its much better to have your health than to be living in a mouldy house and its good that things are picking up now.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Well, I quite liked your portfolio. Besides I wouldnt say it is a mess. Actually it was quite clean. If the 2 feet snake didnt impress you one might assume you like it small :p
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

I just want to say, for the record, that I didn't come up with the two-foot snake joke. Chroelle started it! :P

@Maz, I must say that your English has improved noticeably over the years. :) Nevertheless, as a native English speaker, I'd be happy to look over your portfolio if you like and PM any suggestions. (It'll have to wait a bit because my internet connection is acting up at the moment)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Thanks Torm!

Well, I doubt that my learning curve has been that steep.. It's more likely you have used to read bad english while browsing the net over the years :D Anyways, I'll gladly accept all help, but this is not really any high priority task... I do not know if I ever have any use for such a portfolio, but as I said, Dizi inspired me =)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Argh. Too many smilies.

/exits in search for another inn :wink:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Dizi - I love your "Pick me" animation!

I am currently redoing my portfolio/CV myself, so it was kind of fun to drop by and find that so was you guys. Its all in Danish though, so I doubt any of you will have any use for it, nor will be able to proffread. :)

Oh and Tormuse. A pink twofooter will always grab the ladies attention - either by them being impressed, appalled or straigh out frightened. :p

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Chroelle wrote: RAillo - I had a sudden urge to insert a mental picture of an old school Batman comic fight when I read about "The suited man in a fedora beating up local gangmembers," Hum along everyone. Da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da BATMAN!
Funny you came up with that. One of the neighbors in our apartment building who also works for Pace, is good at drawing and creating cartoons, and has been working on a comic book of similar idea. His is a tongue in cheek spoof on just about all the old style comic books. What inspired him, is how many times I've felt the need to get on a bus, and it happens that later on there's trouble on board, like a violent drunk or something.

I've seen the first few pages, and he opens with "Faster than a speeding bus! More powerful than the IRS! Able to leap over puddles in a single bound!", and he did share the "Bus signal" idea, where all buses have a button on the dashboard, and the "Bus Signal" shines in the sky, like the Bat Signal. Pace's logo, a letter P in a circle (Which either looks like a wrench or a snail shell), then shines in the sky. He wants to put a cell with two men walking down the street, seeing it, and wondering "Did Batman get in a bad car accident"?

Needless to say, his sense of humor is like mine, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished comic!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Tomorrow (23rd, already in some parts of the world), is my birthday. Heading north for the rest of the week. Good way to spend the day!

Set up a home theater system for someone today. Despite the lawsuit winnings, I still work. I took a couple weeks off initially, but grew bored and missed fixing PCs for people. I always said I enjoy the PC tech trade, and this proves it. Besides, it would go against everything I believe to stop building and fixing them simply because we won a lawsuit. Most of my customers have no idea (Or so far as I can tell) that I only do PC work nowadays because I enjoy it and not for survival.

Worked pretty hard today, I missed days like that, where I come home worn out, but feeling like something got done.

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Happy Birthday!

*inserts overused birthday picture*

.. I really need to make a new one of those!! That's 4 years old, already!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

The first time I'd ever seen that picture, so not overused to me.

You don't mind that I made a small change to it, do you? :)
A small change I made.
A small change I made.
BirthdayTestcard modified.png (74.51 KiB) Viewed 18064 times

jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Hurray for hats!

For the record, I spent today making this..
New updated testcard.
Nothing's drawn over the top of the testcard, so its nice for future tweaking. I've built it using some nice maths, this time, so I can redo it in various resolutions, and ratios nd things. I might even see about getting it working in real time. It'd be nice to have a testcard in my games' pause menus and things :D
... Anyway, happy birthday :)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Had to put a fedora on the guy. There's people that joke about very rarely seeing me without a hat.

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

All the best to you and your family, Railie. Enjoy another year of prosperity!