The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Now Dizi is back too??? With 666 posts? Is this a sign the end is coming? :lol:

In the time since Dizi was last here (I think), I've gotten engaged, have a kid, won a major lawsuit (Maria and I both did, actually), so I hope this not a sign of the end!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

You see?

I know everything.

Always expect the expected. :wink:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Well, hello again, Dizi! Long time, no see! How've you been? :)

@RWM, I just saw your post about what happened in the park; I hope you and your family weren't hurt! :| At this point, it kind of doesn't surprise me any more about what kind of messed up people there are in the world. (Beating up children for the right to join a gang? Really?) :|
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

We're all fine, they didn't even get a chance to get near Maria or Skoda. As it is, these punks' egos are all mortally wounded though. Even when they get released someday, they still got to hear flak from other punks about the guy in a suit and fedora taking on all of them and winning. Indeed, there are some sick people out there. If these punks wanted to prove how tough they are, why not pick a fight with a uniformed and armed police officer? The results would be interesting. I think they have a term for it: suicide.

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

eMTe wrote:You see?

I know everything.

Always expect the expected. :wink:
I'm starting to think this is actually the afterlife. :notworthy2: :rip:
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

jayenkai wrote:\o Hello!
:balloon:
Railwaymodeler wrote:Now Dizi is back too??? With 666 posts? Is this a sign the end is coming? :lol:
In the time since Dizi was last here (I think), I've gotten engaged, have a kid, won a major lawsuit (Maria and I both did, actually), so I hope this not a sign of the end!
Well if it is a sign, I blame Jay :lol:
Did you mention getting engaged on BD? As I think I knew that or imagined knowing that :p Congratulations on the little one and in part the lawsuit (although it would have been better if the lawsuit didn't have to happen at all, some people are just idiots!)

eMTe wrote:Always expect the expected. :wink:
Hi eMTe :cheekkiss: I'm glad I could help you prove a point :lol:

Tormuse wrote:Well, hello again, Dizi! Long time, no see! How've you been? :)
Hey Tormuse, I've been fine, although it doesn't feel like I've been away for as long as I seem to have been... how are you?

*blows the dust from the malibu*
:cocktail:
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Hi Dizi, nice to see you around!

And I think the danger of your appearance being the end is over. You have 667 posts now (still neighbour of the beast, but it seems we got away). ;)

:Cheers:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Dizi wrote::cheekkiss:
Isn't internet brighter with women on forums? 8)
Dizi wrote:I'm glad I could help you prove a point
To fully prove it others should follow.

Btw, when I read your post I was 100% sure that it's Zyx playing with forum settings. I mentioned Darklord and Dizi as first two users and all of a sudden Dizi appears and she has 666 posts. On the other hand he would not use another member's profile to have some fun, so it must really be you and you indeed had 665 posts before your comeback. But...well, it's still weird. Coincidencies are always mysterious. :wink:
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

That, and she is correct now that I think about it, I did indeed mention getting engaged on BD as well. I had forgotten that. So yup, a coincidence.

Quite a fun one though!

Time to get drinks flowing again in the inn!
Bringing drinks by the trainload!
Bringing drinks by the trainload!

Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Dizi wrote:Hey Tormuse, I've been fine, although it doesn't feel like I've been away for as long as I seem to have been... how are you?
I'm doing okay. I'm back in school, taking practical nursing. (The massage therapy thing didn't work out) I'm also working at Wal-Mart in the cell phone department. (I kind of dreaded the idea of going back to work there, but it hasn't been that bad, really) And this might sound strange, but I have a pet snake named Diamond. (He's a bright red colour and he's very pretty)

What's new with you? :)

EDIT:
eMTe wrote:...you may as well experience the period of sudden "hellos" from Darklord, Dizi, mistergreen, Baldie, Chillum, FFreak.
I saw DarkLord and FFreak post on the new BD a while ago, but that forum is pretty much dead now. :| If anyone would like to help me liven it up again, I'd be happy to send you an invite. :) (The site is available by invite only now)
Pierre Burton[/size]
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I'm definitely me...I think... jayenkai mentioned that I had been mentioned so I thought that I would pop over and say hi. The 666 post count is a bit spooky especially with you mentioning me right after DL :jawdrop:

Not much is new with me really, I'm still working as a Web designer although for a different company now, me and the other half are busy saving up for a deposit for our first house as I'm sick of where we are at the minute. Although part of the deposit that we saved up has gone on a holiday instead, but its worth it as I'm going to Florida in a few weeks. :happydance:

I didn't realise BD was back, does FFreak show his face around here too or is he just over there? and more importantly Tormuse, do you have any piccys of Diamond?
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Dizi wrote:I didn't realise BD was back, does FFreak show his face around here too or is he just over there? and more importantly Tormuse, do you have any piccys of Diamond?
I haven't seen FFreak online much since before the last BD reboot and I just looked at his Google+ profile and his last post was from two months ago. I dunno; maybe he's just more busy with RL these days.

As for Diamond, here's one from a few months ago. (He's a little longer now, almost two feet!)
Attachments
I hope no one here is afraid of snakes!  :P
I hope no one here is afraid of snakes! :P
Pierre Burton[/size]
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Maria and I are still house hunting. A number of houses we were interested in up north, the properties all sat on iron ore deposits, or near ones, and state law changed recently to allow more mining. Interesting though that the mining companies were buying these properties well before the law was voted on. Figure they were investing heavily in lobbyists in Madison (Wisconsin state capitol). They must have been pretty sure the law would change in their favor.

Does also create jobs, and gets people up there to work, so that helped too.

Naturally we want to move relatively close to a town, but in a quiet area where the nearest neighbors are maybe quarter mile away. But then, we're also looking at a couple small towns, ones that have more cows within city limits than people, and moving in the town itself.

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

My first thought was "what a beautiful shoelace", but then I thought "why Tormuse shows us his shoelace?". :P

Is he (she?) venomous?
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

He/she isn't venomous. (I usually call Diamond a "he" for simplicity's sake, even though I don't know "his" gender for sure) He's not dangerous at all; he never bites, and even if he did, he doesn't really have any teeth to speak of. He's actually quite shy and spends most of his time hiding, mostly coming out at night. He gets quite visibly excited when it's time to feed him, though; he knows when his food is coming. :)

Incidentally, I know that some people are afraid of snakes, so if anyone wants me to take the picture down, just let me know and I will.
Pierre Burton[/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Does my reappearing count as a visit from an old member??

It has been since at least April 9th since my last visit. (That was the date on the first unread message in the Inn when I logged in today - and I always read the Inn when I drop by. Actually most of the time I ONLY read the Inn, when I drop by.)

Well, haven't we all been busy.
Dizi - Love to see you again!
eMTe - glad you brought the feminine touch back to the Inn...By inviting Dizi I mean. :)
PA - running a halfmarathon - wow - wish I was in that kind of condition currently.
Jay - I was wondering how come Facebook wasn't showing me health reports from you anymore. :)
Tormuse - so... I see you use every accesible moment to whip out your 2 foot pink snake on the internet... (Giggle...)
Scythe - The rumors of my demise are strongly exagerated. :) But hey...The allergyseasons are upon us, so lets see how alive I feel in a month... :)
RAillo - I had a sudden urge to insert a mental picture of an old school Batman comic fight when I read about "The suited man in a fedora beating up local gangmembers," Hum along everyone. Da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da BATMAN!
Hope I didn't forget anyone!

I hope I will be able to drop by again soon (er than usual).
Be good!
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

He's gorgeous Tormuse :D
Railwaymodeler wrote: Naturally we want to move relatively close to a town, but in a quiet area where the nearest neighbors are maybe quarter mile away. But then, we're also looking at a couple small towns, ones that have more cows within city limits than people, and moving in the town itself.
Sounds nice :) we're hoping to stay in the same area that we are currently renting in as its a nice town and its quite quiet, although if I had to move somewhere else I would want pretty much the same as you as I love the idea of being out in the country somewhere, not really a city girl :p

Hi Chroelle :cheekkiss:
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Always nice to see you again, Chroelle. Hope there will be some time in the future when you have more time for CWF again. Maybe in some years when your daughters are grown-up, leave home or go to university... :wink:
Chroelle wrote: Hope I didn't forget anyone!
*cough* eMTe*cough :mrgreen:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Pater Alf wrote:
Chroelle wrote: Hope I didn't forget anyone!
*cough* eMTe*cough :mrgreen:
I'm sure that was intentional. :lol:
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

It is REALLY nice to hear you are all allright =]

What comes to running... I tried that too after a long break... It was annoying. I found my old running records and previous run was a 10 10 10... Ten kilometres longer, ten secs/km less, and at year 2010...

Other than that, lifes ok here too =] I'll be getting married at summer and having 2.5 months vacation, so lets celebrate a bit... Booooot, we need your servings =]