The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by eMTe »

In Warsaw, town council enacted the law which obliges housing cooperatives to make small section of building's basement accessible for stray cats and people who want to feed them. I don't know how it works in practice though.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

I love all kinds of animals. My dad has always been into zoology, so I grew up with a healthy respect for life in all its forms, whether it's dogs, cats, bunnies, mice, and even the less commonly liked animals like snakes and spiders.
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Well, I've worked with beetles and spiders. I guess I'm not a friend of beetles when I tear their wings off and suck out their "blood." In the name of science of course.
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Whew! I'm glad you didn't say in the name of lunch! :P
Pierre Burton[/size]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

That comes after.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

One of the most vivid memory from my childhood (accidentally made even more vivid by your recent discussion) is my schoolfriend teaching me how to "pump the frog" (I am sure there's proper English expression for this, but I lack vocabulary). In short, it means sticking drinking straw into frog's ass and blowing into it until frog explodes. I hated watching this and always wanted to run and cry, but since he was (and he knew it) the tough character in this game I stood still, pretending I am tough too.

Boy, kids are cruel.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

....I have absolutely NOTHING to say to that image... Wha...He stuck a straw.... He blew a frog....? He actually blew into a frog through a straw until it exploded... Boy I hope he ends up in prison and someone does that to him... That is so extremely cruel...!

...brrr..... changing away from image.

No need to apologize for naming the cat Molly. We still get a lot of "So what is your daughters name" - "Molly" - "Awww - that is a sweet name. Our neighbor has a dog named Molly too..."
So its kind of a relief this time it is a cat.

Tanja is allergic to furry animals too, but my mom got a dog, and well it gravitates towards her too. It also loves Molly, but unfortunately Molly is scared shitless of it. Perhaps it has something to do with him being taller than her, and looking like a bear.
I have always been a dog-person, so its pretty annoying that we cant ever get an animal - besides fish... Tanja was also a dogperson, so at least it doesn't feel like a bad excuse not to get a dog.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Chroelle wrote:....I have absolutely NOTHING to say to that image... Wha...He stuck a straw.... He blew a frog....? He actually blew into a frog through a straw until it exploded... Boy I hope he ends up in prison and someone does that to him... That is so extremely cruel...!

...brrr..... changing away from image.
Then you probably don't want to hear about making alive saltpetre smoke bombs out of young kittens. Afaik this is still moderately popular game among kids in poor districts of poor cities in poor regions.

This is world.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Uh, no.

I don't think anybody wants to hear about that.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

*covers eyes*

Nope.. I don't like the sound of that one!!!
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Uh... so, how about this weather we've been having lately? Pretty nice, eh? :P
Pierre Burton[/size]
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

It's been snowing off and on since yesterday. Luvly weather!!

In other news, I just had a shave, and wasn't sick from all the movement! Hurray! Progress!!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Right when I thought the spring would finally begin, the winter came back. It started snowing two days ago and it hasn't stopped by now.

So yeah, let's talk about the lovely weather...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

The weather is lovely.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Third Tuesday in a row that we've had a snowstorm here. Looking to place some bets on next Tuesday now.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Really? Maybe Toronto is the only city where it's been relatively nice lately. :D It went up to 10 degrees Celsius the other day, which isn't exactly hot, but it was bright and sunny and very pleasant feeling after the cold winter of previous weeks. :)
Pierre Burton[/size]
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Looks like Maria and I will be holding off on moving north for a while. We recently found out why so much land has been bought up. Some laws were changed a month or so ago in Wisconsin, making it easier for mining companies to start new mining operations. Iron ore is a huge commodity up there, as is logging. These logging and mining companies were buying up land they know has mineral deposits, anticipating laws to change to allow them to mine and log.

Plus, Pace still is up to their tricks in management, another driver recently got wrongfully suspended, and this is someone Maria is good friends with. We decided not to move until there are some major changes in management, not only at the garage, but at the system headquarters. After all the money they have lost to lawsuits, and with lawsuits still pending, I can't understand why they still pull their stunts. It's like these "people" (If you can call them that; I prefer calling them dumb animals), just don't understand that they lose every time they pull their stunts, and will continue to do so.

From what I understand, this driver had a passenger get aboard, refuse to pay the fare, then he started threatening her. Seems the tapes from the bus cameras are mysteriously "Lost", as usual, and that there is "no evidence" to support the fact that the guy assaulted her. No evidence, in spite of witness testimony given to police, despite several cuts on her face when the guy attacked her. Police found out he was in a low security facility for mentally "handicapped", a place which is also known for being a home for criminals who have mental problems, generally which arise from drug/substance abuse problems, and are recently released from prison or jail.

The guy has a long record of violent crimes, mostly stemming from drug use or deals, and still, the dummies at pace suspend this woman, because the attacker claimed she "swung first", which, according to witnesses, is wrong. So this thug claims he is right because supposedly she made the first move. Never mind that even if she did, he still was threatening her and has the right to defend herself. But, he attacked first, then she defended herself.

Sadly, this is becoming common too.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Hmm.. Another migraine day. Perhaps I'm overdoing things with the Monkey language. I have done an awful lot of complex maths-based stuff, this week!
.. Wait, does that bit belong in the development thread, or is it health related enough to go in here?
Argh, it's all too confusing!!

Blood pressure seems to have stabilised around the 140 mark, lately, so that's nice.
Migraines seem to be on the increase, though, or rather I'm noticing them more than I was a few months ago. Not sure why that is. Hope it's not a bad sign. Will be keeping an eye on them.

Since I'm currently out of work, and my ludicrous amount of sleeping appears to be returning to some sort of normality, I'm finding that my days are now split into two distinct segments..
There's "Coder Jay" time, from when I wake up until about 5pm, then there's "I used to go to work at this time, what am I supposed to do, now? Jay" time, which lasts the rest of the night.

I'm currently wasting hours at a time watching rubbish TV shows, or faffing about on YouTube.
I don't like the lazy aspect of that, and am looking to find some sort of new "thing" to fill the void.

At the minute I'm thinking of creating some sort of comedic game-development tutorial series, starring Greenie. Greenie has a Tumblr site, now, so it might be fun to play about with him in a larger arena.
Not entirely sure how long I could keep that up for, though. Feels like I might run out of steam two or three days in!!
Could be fun to fiddle about with, though, and it'll probably fill a couple of hours of my day, even if nobody ever notices it!

.. Not sure, really. I definitely need to find something marginally different to fill my nights, though. I don't want to be doing 24/7 game dev. That's a bit too much!!
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

I guess I spoke to soon about the nice weather here; It's been cold, windy, and snowy the last couple days. I thought we were supposed to be almost to spring! :|

On a more positive note, this past weekend, I performed on stage, singing and dancing with my chorus and had a good time! :)
Pierre Burton[/size]
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

*Tsk*
You're shouldn't be allowed to post things like that without having a Youtube link!!

(The performing, not the snow!)