The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Scythe »

I only enjoy sports that I am participating in.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I watch the championship. Because of my job I'm much more interested in several sports than I was some years ago.

German team is pretty much a surprise in this tournament. You never know what to expect when they play. It ranges from unbelievable bad (against the Czech Republic) to brilliant handball (against Sweden). I hope that they'll get a rank in the end that will be good enough to reach the qualification tournament for the Olympic games.

And the Polish team did a great job yesterday. I would've never expected that they'll reach a draw after the score was 20:9 after the first half. :scared:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I never really saw that much handball even though Denmark has some great teams (male and female) but it just never appealed to me that much. I know most of the players from the male team but never found the time and want to dig into watching a tournament with games almost every day.

I however spent the evening and night and morning home alone with my girls who both had high fevers. Tanja had arranged a girls night out and wanted to stay at home because of the girls getting sicker and sicker as the hours passed, but I told her that she needed to get out (when I started my leave monday - she started work). After she left Annas fever hit 40 and Mollys as well, but as tough and horrifying it sounds to be home alone with two sick girls under 5 it was actually quite cosy. The oldest slept in our bed tonight, as Tanja wrote me that a friend of hers was a bit scared to be home alone and asked if she wanted to stay and sleep over. Molly slept 15 hours straight (with about 20 wakeupcalls during the night). I sat down and watched two movies that I had on my to-do-list. G.I. Joe and The spirit (which I never got too deep into and ended up tunrng off)and it seems both got horrible reviews on IMDB. But I actually enjoyed G.I. Joe for what it was meant to be - all boy-toys and adrenaline. I watched it with my favourite home alone food and a selected beer, while Anna was tucked in.

All in all an evening that went quite different than I thought it would.

So if anyone asks my name is Superdad!
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

I rather liked the G.I. Joe movie. In fact, I was talking with my brothers, the other day, about having a get-together for the three of us plus their significant others to watch my DVD copy of the movie in preparation for the sequel which is coming soon! :D

As for The Spirit, yeah, it's crap. The plot was nonsensical and the characters were uninteresting and unlikeable and the action sequences weren't memorable. And the only reason I watched it was that I was over at a friend's house, and when she saw me looking at it, she said, "Do you want it? You can have it. It's crap." :P I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared from my shelf.

EDIT: And I suppose it's about time that I take down my holiday avatar, but I really like the way it looks, (and I'm rather proud of the work I did to design it) so maybe I'll leave it up a little longer. :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Pater Alf wrote:And the Polish team did a great job yesterday. I would've never expected that they'll reach a draw after the score was 20:9 after the first half
That was the only one (first one this day) of the three matches I didnt see. I simply forgot Poland plays match that day. Says much about my interest in sport. I am back to work anyway, so I won't watch any matches during next three days also, even if I wanted, and even if Poland will play in final.

Superdad's World of Freeware. Sounds nice. 8)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

SWF FTW! :)
(Going fanboy-ish)

Spirit was my favourite "superhero" when I passed 15, and skipped reading Superman, Batman stuff (never was much into spiderman). Also loved reading Blueberry and Modesty Blaise and lots of Danish Comic-books. Also Linda and Valentin that we touched on in another thread recently-ish.

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

FTW? WTF? :D
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Uh... I almost forgot.

Happy Birthday Usul!!! :D
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Big news for Maria and I: February 27 is the big day for us! That's the day that we and Pace go in front of a judge in this civil case!

By then we should be new parents, everything is on target for her. Maria is doing very well with her pregnancy, better than the doctor expected, really.

January has been a good month in its own right, but next month should be stellar!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Pager wrote:There might be one or two non-copyright breaking share sites, but honestly, who the heck would want to use them?
In other news, FileSonic, another large filesharing service, has blocked all public downloads of files on their servers.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

eMTe wrote:Uh... I almost forgot.

Happy Birthday Usul!!! :D

thanks man! :Bearhug:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Somewhat late but still. Happy birthday Usul. I hope you had a good one... :)

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Congrats on todays match! After all, you're the champions, guys! ;)

Besides, thanks to you, our team will be able to compete in Olympic Games preliminary tournament. I dont know how it exactly works, but that's what I know. ;)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

We automstically qualify and so does the 7 first placed during the EC. And since we qualified automatically there was place for number 8 -Poland.

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Automystically? :D

Well, I was afraid it's easier than I think. But why Denmark qualifies automystically and Serbia doesnt (if it won the championships)?
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Handball always was a mystery to me. I am guessing it has something to do with points on some list...

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Ah...so you also dont know! :D
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hi guys. If I sort of fell of the grid these last days it is because I have set off some time to get started on my business. I fell on some info that I am digging through currently. I kind of messed up my own planned Winter-een-mas on it. Didnøt play half as much as I wanted to, but there is hope. I should get some time during the next week to game at least a couple of freeware games, but in the meanwhile I hope you dont think I got lost getting here. :)

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

That's OK, C. I dropped off the map a while myself. My laptop took a tumble to the floor one day and part of the hard drive became corrupted.

Maria and I were getting up one morning, and I had my laptop on the table next to our bed. Well, I left it running the night before, and it was running when it hit the floor. My left leg was hurting that morning, and I lost my balance getting up, and knocked the machine right off the table.

It's an older Toshiba Tecra M2 (The nicer one with a 64 MB nVidia GoForce 5200 FX video chip), and I had an 80 GB hard drive inside. I ordered after this happened, a 160 GB hard drive (Hard to find high capacity IDE laptop hard drives at good prices!). As I needed a machine ASAP, I put a 20 GB spare in.

Also bought a 2.0 GHz Centrino processor that should work to replace the 1.5 GHz Centrino. Plus a pair of 1 GB RAM sticks to replace the pair of 512 MB sticks.

I do like this machine a lot. I have a high capacity battery in it too, that allows at least 6 hours run time, and sometimes up to 8 hours. Depends on usage.

On another subject, Maria and I are counting down the days till she has the baby, and then from there, till we go to court. We're both excited!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Is it true that you have springtime over there, Raillo? TV here shows blossoming trees, at least in Washington (sorry, forgot if it was Washington state or Washington city).

-28 yesterday's morning here. :D It's getting a bit warmer, so it was probably the climax. Cryotherapy for free!