The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Pager »

Agreed. If this were the wild west then maybe I would forgo calling the police...
There really are some freakin' weirdos out there, not only to do something like that, but to do something like that on a bus full of people.
Are your buses not equipped with cameras?
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Here's an update: Police apprehended the guy who groped Maria. When questioned by detectives, he confessed that he was paid by someone to do it.

Police went to the bus garage, asked intelligent questions, and ended up arresting the safety director. The guy who has been the primary aggressor for all Maria's problems.

For what its worth, about 2/3 of the bus roster has no continuous cameras on board.

We're overjoyed that one of the worst problems through all this, is behind bars now, and will be spending Christmas there!

I called the state investigator today, left a voicemail, called the newspapers, everyone I could think of! Looks like it will be a very merry Christmas now!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

It's a Christmas miracle.

Sometimes I'm not entirely sure if these events are real. They sound so outlandish.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pager

Post by Pager »

You should be writing all this stuff down, that way when all is said and done you could sell it to Miramax. Seriously, the bus company sounds like a bunch of tyrants...something right out of a 30's gangster movie...Stick it to 'em, Railio, stick it to 'em!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Pager, we've all had that thought about 'em.

If the management idiots had any sense at all, they would've given up long ago! Instead, they're so stubborn, and refuse to give up. They must know they are fighting a losing battle, they have no chance of winning against Maria, me, and the others who have legal disputes, but they try anyway, making it worse for themselves in management!

I have often thought that everything with me and Maria, would indeed make a good movie.

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Pager

Post by Pager »

Railwaymodeler wrote:... Instead, they're so stubborn, and refuse to give up.
Sounds more like stupidity...maybe for Christmas you should give them a shovel so it would be easier for them to dig their hole...
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Or we can turn the whole situation into a Christmas comedy, something that would become a classic for tvs, just like Home Alone. Bus company mafia faced by abandonware/freeware gamer and railway modelling fan and his fiancee with lots of action sequences (bus chases, fights among the railway sets etc.). With proper budget and competent director it would become a hit, no less than Beverly Hills Cop or F/X or... I say!
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pager

Post by Pager »

What's more is we could probably get a blast from the past actor to play the mafia boss...like Ralph Macchio...http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c8ad4a ... ph-macchio
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I feel obliged to remind you guys, that the first round of contest ends in less than two days, so if you forgot - go and vote, vote, vote! :x-mas:
Pager

Post by Pager »

Merry Christmas to everyone and your families. Hope you all have a fantastic day. :mrgreen:
JKSM

Post by JKSM »

Just pop in to say Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone (if it's not too late) :)

Cheers :Cheers:
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Merry Christmas, everyone! :D (I thought I'd get in on the fun of switching to a holiday avater) ;)

I haven't been on here in a few weeks because I've been busy. My employment/financial situation took a turn for the worse when I got a call from Revenue Canada saying that I owe them over $2000 because I didn't file my taxes correctly last year and I only had $1000 in the bank! :shock: I went back to my old job at Wal-Mart to help make ends meet, (something I swore I would never do) and I think I'm gonna be okay, but I can't afford to buy Christmas presents for anyone this year. :( That's okay, though, because Christmas is more about togetherness with family than exchanging gifts for me anyway. :)

@RWM, I just caught up reading your last few weeks of posts. As soon as I read that Maria was going back to work for Pace for two weeks that made me nervous, and sure enough, Pace management shows that they're nothing if not predictable. :P I agree with the sentiment that the fact that they're still continuing to try stuff like this is sheer stupidity!

As for OG archives, by amazing coincidence, I discovered this a few days ago and was reliving some nostalgic memories going through Lex's Bar. :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Holy Crap Raillo. This sounds like the weirdest thing ever. I cannot even try to place this in my daily life even in imagination... Good to hear that they got the guy locked up though...!

I had the busiest X-mas ever so far, and I am only halfway through it. Got some good gifts, and my kids had some GREAT gifts. I got my oldest a used Nintendo DS, so she can try it out and break it without my vallet being torn to bits. Had a lovely time with family so far - my dad dressed up for Santa so good that even his wife didn't recognise him, and she even talked to him. :) She was sure it was my brother-in-law until she turned around and he was standing right next to her. :lol:

If I am to reach 9000 posts by new years I will need to type fast, because chances of me actually even finding time to come back in here before then will be slim to none. :)

But good thing is that I will be getting a laptop soon, so that will hopefully mean that I will find more opportunities to log on. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Merry Cristmas!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with their families and friends! :x-mas:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Pager

Post by Pager »

Tormuse wrote:My employment/financial situation took a turn for the worse when I got a call from Revenue Canada saying that I owe them over $2000 because I didn't file my taxes correctly last year and I only had $1000 in the bank!
Gotta love Revenue Canada...the first year my wife and I were married I made her file her taxes so I could get a bit of a tax break, she hadn't filed in a few years, not since she was on disability (so about 3 years), so she needed to track down her T4 slips for about 3 years that they missed. Turns out, they sent the original T4s to a different address, one she had not lived at in years, and also turned out that she owed them $3000 because the disablility office didn't get proof of rental agreement for 3 straight months, but sent the appeal to the wrong address. So we've been paying that down at $100/mth, so we have about $800 left. I'll be happy when it is done, then maybe I can get to working on the house some more...

On a happier note, did Santa give anyone anything cool for Christmas? I got a lot of functional items, nothing overly fun, I think it was because I sat on Santa's knee and possibly dislocated it...so it's not like I was bad enough for coal, just not good enough for toys.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

He got me new winter shoes! ^^
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Was a peaceful Christmas for me. Maria and I exchanged gifts in the morning. She found me a pre-WWII mail car kit, never assembled. Probably got it on eBay, and a sleeping car kit from the same era.

I got her a silver bracelet.

Spend the early afternoon at her mother's place. Hadn't seen her mother much lately. Spent a good amount of time telling her what the plans are for me and Maria. Her mother is concerned about the way Pace is treating Maria. I made it clear that backing down is not an option for us. Her mother has been very supportive of both of us.

Back to the shop today. Back to work.

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well Santa got me some cool stuff for the house. Weird thing this year. I wanted the new bedlinen the most while Tanja wanted a new GPS. We got both, so we are satisfied.

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

One could say, as a couple, you got GPS that leads straight into bedlinen.

*COUGH*

:D
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

*badabing! :P

--Mark Twain