The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Chroelle »

I started running during the vacation I had, and totally crashed and burned because I got sick - I had NO air at all, and though I kept a steady pace for the entire run, my chest was burning up when I hit home. Not too long after (read hours) I came down with some kind of flu, and had to go to bed early.
I have everything ready though, so when I find some time I will start running fulltime for this season. I am thinking that perhaps I need to run at something like 5.30 in the morning to get it done currently...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I see people running over the river when I walk back home from work. I miss it, but I never had enough patience to run in winters. But I admire people who run day by day in -10 frost... Some of them probably must, because they are pro or halfpro runners, but anyway.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hurray... Today a city employee who is part of the commitee that decides which people will be doing lectures and courses for other people in this "kommune" ( city-gathering like cantons or something - I have no idea what else to call it) told me that she was VERY interested in taking in my idea that I am working on - kids and IT. Having a hard time concentrating on anything else but that right now. This is something I have been aiming for in quite some time, so I am excited. It doesn't start until 1½ year from now, but that gives me time to get it all done and ready, and also make some material that I can use to educate people from, and to give them when they leave so they have something to work from. Beers are on me tonight.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Congratulations Chroelle! :Cheers:

I don't feel that well today. It is my only free day this week and I'm sick. My throat aches and my head feels like it's going to explode. Can't even go to to the doctor to take some days off from work as there are already two sick collegues and one on holiday and we will get serious problems if don't show up for weekend's early shift. Think I will drink lots of hot tea, go to bed at 9 o' clock the lates and hope that I don't get a fever (which normally happens when I feel the way I do now).

But maybe I can at least validate some games today...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Get better soon!
Sad to hear about the throat, but I think that it is all due to this long winter we are having. Everyone is getting more hit than usual by soar throats, running noses, and general displeasure...

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Oh by the way. Since Tanja is suffering so much due to the pregnancy the midwife has invited her to a talk about wether they should induce the labor before the duedate, so at the moment it looks like Anna will become a big-sister around the 23rd of this month. (2 days after Annas 4th birthday). So simply wanted to let you know that I might be absent (or not) around that time. ("Or not" means that once Tanja goes into labor I have 14 days off from work, so when the baby sleeps (and I am awake) I might drop by here).

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Oh well... looks like the spammers have figured a way to get in once again. Too bad I can't see which anti-spam question they answered, so I don't know which one is too easy.

In other news, I launched a new advertisement campaign on project wonderful. It brings in quite "good" traffic, but let's see if we get any new members that way.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hm... Here is hoping to get someone to drop by:

:birthday: Maz! Hope you have a great one!

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, Maz!

Hope you're doing well. Would be nice to see you around here from time to time again!

:cake: :Birthday:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Just dropping in to wish Maz a Happy Birthday! :D Hope you had a good one! :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Hi deee Ho peeps!

And thank you wery much :) Yeah, it was a good bday. I spent it in lapland, doing some snow mobile riding and other outdoor activities :]

Damn I'm glad to see this place going on and on. It certainly has become something! Thumbs up mates!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

All the best! Happy Belateday! 8)

Returning to running topic... The season has started for me, unfortunately on third evening I fell while taking 180 turn in the alley (sandy trap) and abrased my knee. Severely enough to take a little break from activities, so now Im sitting at home waiting for a nice scab to form.

I planned to go to the mountains this weekend, but it's so wet, windy and ugly outside that Im almost happy that I have to sit at home.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Leipzig's literature convention started yestersay, so I switched to analog/real life mode. Don't expect any computer activity from me till sunday. Instead my yearly books 'n beer marathon started. So far I visited about 30 readings and discussions, bought five books (and set about ten more on my list) and drank a lot of beer. Not sure if I can keep this rate for the rest of the week (probably I will become very tired around saturday).

:TGIF: :reading:
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Hello everybody! Just dropping by, saying hello, drinking a coffee, checking on status.
Little update from me, I am reducing Forum Life to a minimum. There were a few forum I was active on, but I'm getting back on all forum.

Edit 29/03: Sorry guys, I meant "cutting back on all forums."
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Contrary to me. Internet bores me more and more with every day I spend in it. But welcome back! :D
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Tank wrote:...I am reducing Forum Life to a minimum....
First I read "I am reducing life to a minimum" and was a bit worried that you fell into a coma, but then I happily saw the word "forum". Phew! :roll:

Nice to see you around again. I hope life is treating you well. *Pater Alf takes a seat and drinks a coffee with Tank* :paper:
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Nice to see you guys are still here. Life's treating me ok, the usual stuff. No money, no girl, no problems. ;) Still studying, working towards completion though.

Pater, how is life treating you? I still see Usul every now and then on the Playstation-Network...
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Tank wrote:No money, no problems. ;)
Controversial.
Tank wrote:no girl, no problems. ;)
Axiom.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Life is treating me ok, Tank. Things haven't changed that much. I still live in Leipzig and have a nice, well-paid job (regarding the work I have to do). So I have to cut the "no money"-part from your statement and will underline the rest.

The only place where I meet Usul from time to time is the "Hattrick" site. Maybe we could start the football game again when the new season starts? Haven't seen anyone else from the old german corner of OG for a while.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well well well. Nice to see old friends again.

Tanja was at the midwife today and was told that she will probably go into labor in the next 30 hours or so. :)
So if you don't see me for some days that might be it. Pretty excited to see the kid by now. :)

--Mark Twain