The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Even better, is that the first four sectons of the tabletop for my model railroad, were brought to me tonight.

There are six more sections coming, each section is two feet by four feet.

I would be up for a glass, but I have lots of work to do tonight. A coffee might be more my thing right now!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I have gotten to the coffee as well by now, and I am wondering if any pictures of your railroads might be coming along. :)

Since I found out that my second child will be a girl too, I am thinking that I might need to turn their interest on model railroading up a little earlier than otherwise... Before they start thinking that that is a boys hobby.... :)

On the other hand I negotiated with my wife, that when we get a house, it will need to have two bathrooms - a women and gents...
When telling my boss, he made me aware that I should try to re-negotiate, as both my girls will be flaming teenage-girls around the same time that my wife hits menopause.... I am going for an annex in the backyard now, and that might be a good place to do some railroad-modelling.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

And now, I have to blame eMTe for reintroducing me to this site and causing me to download games that distract me from my job search. :P Honestly, some of these are very addictive! :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

There is a reason why some of us are here on our N'th year... I belive you haven't tried Dyson yet? Or perhaps UFO - Alien Invasion or .... :D

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, Chroelle (and anyone else interested), here is a pic of the sections of tabletop that have been delivered.

There is some track on it already, though it is only there for conceptual work (And to give me that morale boost from seeing some track laid). I am heading to the hobby shop this week to buy the grass mats for the layout. Woodland Scenics, a big name in model scenery, makes vinyl mats that have foam 'grass' sealed to it, and it looks very, very nice. Expensive, though! To cover about 80 square feet will cost almost $100!
Attachments
First Four railroad tabletop sections!
First Four railroad tabletop sections!

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Come on, admit that you get the $100 from 7up. The can in the middle of the empty tabletop sections is what I would call perfect product placement... :mrgreen:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I just started work again after a three month hiatus, which was spent writing the next big fantasy epic to top the charts...

...or writing 1/3 of 10 different short stories, then slacking like hell the rest of the time, as these things go. The important thing was letting go of work for three months. Good stuff.
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Looks like a promising start, RWM. $100 doesn't seem like a lot to cover such a large area, but I guess with all the other costs, it adds up.
Chroelle wrote:... I belive you haven't tried Dyson yet? Or perhaps UFO - Alien Invasion or .... :D
Grr! :x Are you trying to keep me unemployed? :P

EDIT: Incidentally, the game that has devoured most of my time is Doom, Roguelike. I just can't stop playing it! :|
Pierre Burton[/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Raillo: Looking forward to seeing the tabletop filled... :) (and I actually thought product placement as well.)

Scythe: Sounds like the story of my life. 10 different projects or stories started and then absolutely noone finished (or possibly a few).

Tormuse: Welcome back! :p (I think it was Pager who expressed it the most clearly - something about having you brainwashed to stay within a week). If you need something unpaid then we have a lot of work here. :D

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Sorry for getting you back into the gaming world, Torm... Anyway, that's how we all started. And how we will all end.

As for gaming, Ive recently played a great and relaxing freeware game, a bit boring after a while, but pretty entertaining. Indiana-Jones/Montezuma's Revenge/La-Mulana type of game. Those who follow indiegames blog know what I talk about... :)

Greets for expecting the second child, Chrolle. :)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Actually, the 7Up can was there from when I worked up a bit of a sweat moving the tabletop sections in place, with the heater vents a couple feet away. And me wearing a sweatshirt at the same time.

Funny how it kind of does look like more discreet product placement!

Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Tormuse wrote: EDIT: Incidentally, the game that has devoured most of my time is Doom, Roguelike. I just can't stop playing it! :|
I always tell everybody that this is one of the greatest and most addictive freeware game ever made, but unfortunately no one believes me... :cry:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I'm off to Lapland to ski, so here's a yet another picture of my dog. With a Santa hat on.

She just turned 10 months yesterday.

Merry Christmas to everyone =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Pater Alf wrote:
Tormuse wrote: EDIT: Incidentally, the game that has devoured most of my time is Doom, Roguelike. I just can't stop playing it! :|
I always tell everybody that this is one of the greatest and most addictive freeware game ever made, but unfortunately no one believes me... :cry:
Sorry. I will try and look at it soon... :sorry:

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!! :x-mas:

--Mark Twain
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Chroelle wrote:
Pater Alf wrote:
Sorry. I will try and look at it soon... :sorry:
You sure you wanna do that? You might not find time for anything else afterward! :D
Pierre Burton[/size]
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
:x-mas:

:beersong:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Well, I dont celebrate Christmas this year (hard to say Ive celebrated it in recent years in religious sense), but today with some other workmates I go to my manager (in fact his assistant) for a dinner. I hate her in work (she has various pseudos like "black mamba" or "queen" which largely explain her character) and she's really that kind of despotic, irritating kind of woman you wouldnt have to be managed by, not to mention to be with. But offwork she gets pretty cool and one must admit, she can be the soul of the party.

And I bought yesterday three French wines for the price of two, Christmas promotion in nearby shop. One goes for today's turkey with ananas. :x-mas:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :x-mas:
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Merry Christmas from me too.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Oh, and about DoomRL, I imagine that some people will love it and some people will hate it. I happen to be a fan of both Nethack and Doom, so it suits me well. :)
Pierre Burton[/size]