The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Pater Alf »

Usul wrote:What a pity, our little betting game went to a break. What you'd say to make it resurrect? ^^
Would be fine for me! I didn't start another round, because Tank and you weren't around and I wasn't sure if you would join in again.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hi both of you. Good to see old friends. :)

Yeah the site is still alive and kicking and I think we are still getting publicity, but the internet changed and that means people dont stay much on sites anymore. The do a search before every choice they make online, so instead of going to CWF to check if we have some specific game, they go to google and search. (of course some might think).

I believe we have a good thing going though, and from time to time I think we grow a little stronger. The people that are left are dedicated to keeping CWF alive - although busy. Everyone is still welcome (back) and keeping the community alive is at least as important as adding new games to the site.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

he chroelle,

your analysis is quite correct indeed. It's the paradox of modern internet usage that people have no qualms telling secrets here and there at facebook, myspace and twitter, but don't want to register anymore or participate in forums. ^^ Do you still need an account to download the games over here?

I hope, I'll look into this site from time to time...the thing is, you simply don't have that much time you had when you were in school or university.^^

Have a Tuborg on me!

@Pater

I'd join again.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Usul wrote:Do you still need an account to download the games over here?
No, you can download them without registration, but the speed is limited then. You only need an account if you want to write comments or do similar things.
Usul wrote:@Pater
I'd join again.
Fine. I'm not sure if I'll find the time to open a thread, but maybe I can do it during my nightshift.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:
No, you can download them without registration, but the speed is limited then. You only need an account if you want to write comments or do similar things.
Or, just to be, you know, cool. :cow:
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Indeed! :D

Home today because Anna is starting a new kindergarten and it seems ther was no need for me to stay there today to make her feel safe. She loves the place! So today I am hoping to find some time to do some work in here. But I also have to do some work from home though...
So I will see how much time I can find, because I really want to get some stuff done.

--Mark Twain
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Pater Alf wrote:
Usul wrote:@Pater
I'd join again.
Fine. I'm not sure if I'll find the time to open a thread, but maybe I can do it during my nightshift.
Nightshift?

Hope you don't work in a morgue though.^^ :hammer:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Hi all. :D How's life? Still playing freeware games? :Clap:

I see Im still one of the most active and visible member of the forum. Wherever you look, Pater's sig attacks your eyesight. :)

Thanks for poking me on facebook, Chrolle, and thx everybody for the interest. Ive been doing well, but it takes time to recover from broken relationship, usually several months. Bad is far behind now, though. I took a break from gaming and spent almost every free summer and autumn day hiking in mountains, so this was the reason why I wasnt here. I just needed a break from a lot of things, doing something that will occupy my whole body and free my mind from thoughts - playing games or websurfing doesnt help for it, in fact it can worsen things.

As for facebook, for me it's dead. Bored me to hell. I still have some secret account, but it's for contacting some people I do not have other means of contact with, not for "having friends". So I use it in a way that wouldnt please Zuckerberg... ;)

Ive recently intensified my activity on Lemon Amiga, mainly in gaming contests. Nice forum, but lacks off-topic discussion, it's all about Amiga hardware, Amiga games, Amiga magazines, Amiga e-bay auctions... One can get tired after short time. They dont even have bar there! 8)

Sorry that I wont read all "recent" posts, hope everybody is doing well. :)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Hi eMTe,

nice to see yo again. We already feared that we lost you. So welcome back! :Bearhug:

Good to hear that you are doing well and I agree that there are times in life where too much websurfing and playing games isn't a good idea. And good to hear that you gave up using facebook. I never understood what these so called social networks should be good for (except for gaining data and money if you are the owner).

Not so good to hear that you spent time on another forum. Come on, be serious, how good can a place without a bar be??? ;)

So take a beer and stay here... :Cheers:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

EMTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

I was really fearing that we lost you there. And was concerned because of your note about the relationship... But I am glad to hear that you have crossed that river and come up alive.

Time off from websurfing might be a good idea yeah, but honestly...how much surfing do you actually do in CWF. :lol:
CWF is more like cruising in your car, than grabbing a board and throwing yourself at the mercy of sharks and huge waves...
:cool:

I was really releaved to see your posts, so I will sit down and have a beer with whoever feels like joing, but I hope all of you will. I am sitting in the cornerbooth...

*Patrick Swayzes ghost wanders in*
Patrick: Nobody puts baby in a corner...
Me: Ok ok...I am gonna sit over at the bar then.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

*Pater Alfsits down and grabs a beer*

:Cheers:
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I am sometimes lurking about, but yah, have lost interest in freeware. Good to see the site still going strong though.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Good to see you Scythe. I love that so many find the time to drop by recently. Must be the season...

Hope you are all doing well. My beer has gone stale, so I am gonna order a new one, but this time I am going for a X-mas brew...

--Mark Twain
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Hi all! I haven't posted here in a long time. (I'm surprised I could remember my password!) I recently got back involved with BD after a four year hiatus and a recent post from eMTe there inspired me to check out this site again. (I hope there are people left here who remember me!)

As for myself, I graduated from college and I'm now a registered massage therapist. I worked at a rehab clinic for nine months, mostly treating people who've been in car accidents, and now, I'm in between jobs, having been dismissed for reasons I don't want to go into right now. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic about finding a new RMT position in the near future. :)

I still sing in a barbershop chorus called the Toronto Northern Lights where I do shows from time to time. I haven't done any theatre in a while, but I'm hoping to get back into that at some point.

How's everyone doing? :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Hi, i came to the site a few months ago. :)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Of course Im alive. Not changed a bit, turbulences dont change people in advanced age that much. ;)

Dont expect me getting back to forum activity...quick. I lost connection with gaming world, Ill need time to rebuild it. If Ill feel I need it.

Looks like my recent posts incited some to reappear. Or maybe it's just the season for comebacks. Welcome Tormuse and Scythe!
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

@eMTe, I hear ya about the relationship woes; it took over a year for me to get over my last relationship. I think the turning point, for me, was figuring out what I was supposed to learn from it; I spent months saying to myself, "does this mean I can't trust anyone? That can't be right!" Eventually, I figured out that it's more a matter of learning what to not put up with in a relationship; looking back, there were warning signs that something was wrong, but I ignored them. The next time I find myself in a relationship, I'll pay more attention to warning signs so I can hopefully resolve them and not be hurt so much. It took me a long time to get to this mental state, but for now, I'm content to be single; I have a clearer idea of what I want out of a relationship, and I won't settle for anything less.

I don't know if any of that helps, but I thought I'd share anyway. :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hiya Tormuse. Cool that you decided to drop back. I surely remember you. :)

It seems eMTe has dragged some attention here. :) It's really nice to see old friends drop by to say hello. I tend to smile when I see an avatar I haven't seen in a while. I tend to recognise the person without looking at the name. And Tormuse's av is so HIM. :D

Well a little update. Since Tormuse was last here... My wife (I got married) is pregnant with our second daughter (Anna is 3½ by now), we moved a gazzilion time (minus one or two), CWF got ALOT bigger and a lot of other stuff might have happened but I am not sure how long it has been since last...

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

And I am now popping my head in too!

Found out from the state investigators who were prosecuting my former landlord for all of his antics (The first one, Rick, is in prison now, before he was arrested and sentenced, he sold his property to a friend of his, Kevin), that I am entitled to about $50,000 in compensation for all they had put me through. Plus, he is to reimburse me for the deposit on the new apartment, and for anything that got damaged or had to be replaced through my move back in June. Some pretty hard to find railroad stuff got damaged, so he is accountable for that.

Kevin has till the end of the first week in January to produce the money now, or he also will be arrested.

The state was not playing around with these pieces of trash!

I haven't had much time for gaming, especially as December is my busy month. I haven't even picked up Transport Tycoon in ages!

Any spare time I have had, is been invested in repairing and restoring antique trains.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Amazing news Raillo. Glad that those guys finally got what was long overdue... I remember that you talked about how they acted.

I am opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate that justice prevailed. :)
Anyone up for a glass?

(I am trying to get back into the habbit of drinking again as our company x-mas party is this friday, and we always go all out)...

--Mark Twain