The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Right now I am 60 miles away from home. One of my customers who I do a lot of work for, invited me to bring computers to a sale event he is having. So far sold $1000 worth of stuff.

When I get home tomorrow night, I have the 40 desktops to go through. Fixed up a couple before coming down here.

Busy? Busy is not the word! Swamped is the word!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Scythe wrote:Did those bandwidth problems get solved?
It seems so. There are no longer that many downloads for "The Spirit Engine 2" so we could use the bandwith for a new popular game. But maybe the solution was that we don't care as long as Surftown doesn't do as well. Not sure about that... :gumcool:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Which ones? The new ones or the old ones? :)
Or the space issue or...?
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Sometimes I really wonder about our Project Wonderful adds. The "Roast your weenie" add is probably one of the weirdest ones in a long time. Who the hell wants to buy such strange stuff? :lol:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

It's actually the only ad source i have actually found something useful clicking on. Found a very good free fantasy ebook called "The Unsuspecting Mage", and a good webcomic "The PC Weenies". :)

and of course Dilbert comics.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I found the "god hates me" comic. And also a few other comics that I never returned to.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

There was also a very funny webcomic about a cinema crew called "Multiplex". I liked that...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I read that one as well a couple of times. It has one of the skyscraper ads from time to time.

Sorry for not having a lot of time recently but work started big time, and got a couple of things obstructing me as well.

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I wanted to wait with telling people about this but circumstances wont let me - again...
3 weeks ago we found out that Tanja is pregnant with our second kid, and we are of course very happy. But some of you were around when Tanja was pregnant with Anna, and might remember that the pregnancy was no bed of roses. Lots of time in the hospital, lots of pain and sickness, and Tanja ended up loosing 13 kilos where she should have put 13 kilos on. This time around seems to be no different sadly. Tanja was put in the hospital this morning due to dehydration. This of course means that I wont be able to spend very much time in here - though it is a welcome break from my real life troubles - so now you know what to expect, or not to expect.
But lets remember that is it a joyfull event, though a very tough situation, so beers are on the house for anyone reading this. :)
BTW - Due-date is 9 days after Annas. Situations are very similar indeed.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

First of all: Congratulations!!!! A new child is always a reason to celebrate and be happy. :Cheers: :bananaparty2:

I hope that the pregnancy won't be that troublesome this time, so you and Tanja can really enjoy it and look forward to your second kid in a very joyful way. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

And now that you told us the happy news, I don't wonder anymore why you move to a new apartement so soon again... :lol:
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I agree, with PA, hopefully this will not be a repeat of what you and Tanja went through the first time. But congratulations on the good news!

Last weekend I spent about 4 days with my father-in-law renovating our main floor bathroom during the day, and working from 11:00pm to 4:00am remotely for my job. It was rough. Not to mention we didn't have bathing facilities here, and I was very smelly. To the point where I had to call into work on WEdnesday and said I couldn't go in because I smelt too bad. But we now got our tub, toilet and sink working. And all new plumbing. The plumbing here was about 60 years old, it was about 20 feet of cast iron pipe, and weighed roughly 500 lbs. Not to mention we had nothing to cut it with (even the diamond saw my father-in-law had only chipped the paint), so we has to bash the joints with a hammer.

But all was not trying, I found an old hammer and a poker chip under the old cupboards, and when we tore down the old drywall we found an old door...not just the doorway...but the door as well. It is blue.

I will post some pictures to my FB account when I am done with the final project...maybe a few to CWF as well...
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Just noticed! LOL
(You need to uncheck the "disable bbcode in signature" in your profile settings though).

That fixed it! Huzzah!! And the day is mine!

--Mark Twain
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Congrats to you Chroelle and Tanja. But I also both good luck.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks. Things are going up and down all the time so its hard to say wether there are improvements or not. Writing this from my new HTC desire BTW.;)

--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CURLY!! :Birthday: :Greenride:

Hope you have an amazing day! Make sure to fill us all in if you do anything extra awesome... :D
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks. It was a good one, even though my life isn't all fun and games recently. Tanja is extremely sick in the morning, so we knew there was not going to be a nice wakeup-breakfast with hot coffee and homemade rolls... But what do you know. At 6.44 (one minute before my alarm went on) Anna came in and woke me up. My 3½ year old daughter stand there - looks at me and says: "Dad - isn't it your birthday today?" I say yes, and she replies with a smile "Happy Birthday dad". Now tell me you wouldn't get a lump in your throat! She saved my entire day.
After work (where 40 kids and a couple of co-workers sang happy birthday to me - Danish version) Tanja had arranged that my dad and his wife made dinner for us to celebrate, and he had secretively invited my mother and her husband and my sister, her boyfriend and my nephews, and they made me a surpriseparty. So I ended up having a great day. I got a bunch of congrats on Facebook as well, so it was nice. :)

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

And just one lousy congratulation at CWF... :roll:

So here's another one: Happy belated birthday, Chroelle!!!

Hope everything wents well for you and your family during the next year and all your wishes will be fullfilled. And stay our all-time-favourite administrator... ;)

:cake:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks. I get a congrats, and I dont stop by for that many dys. Shame on me. I was moving apartments this weekend, so I had my hands full. It is quite the relief as we now have more rooms to use in the morning, but of course there are a lot of boxes and stuff in need of getting somewhere else than just inside the door. :)

I got my hands full for now, but I am guessing that soon my apartment will be a home again, and then I am just waiting my 15/2 internet line to be set up, so I can throw away the slow-*ss one I have had for the last couple of months....
So far my computer is not up and running, so I access from work or my phone so dont expect any work being done, or games played just now. :)

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Today we had a soccer tournament at my work place, and I have been coaching the 7 year olds, and they took the field today, and played beautifully, followed my tactics and won the whole thing with a clean sheet. :)
That makes my record run as coach: 5 won 1 lost. I know my coworkers will make a big deal about this tomorrow.

3 weeks ago, one of the kids whom I coached last year and won with, came over to my new team and said: "So you got Christian as your coach. Just so you know that means you are going to win". Today as soon as we had won, one of the kids yelled out: "He was right". I have been on cloud nine since then. And the best part is that all my 18 guys got to play, and their parents all felt that their kids had had a go at playing soccer, so no complaints, and professionally I did great.

Me and Tanja also went to get her stomach scanned today, to rule out any suspicions of having a kid with down-syndrome. (Standard procedure). Normally getting kids in our age (made us sound old there) means an elevated risk of getting a kid with some kind of difficulties. Normally that would mean a risk of 1:350 or so. This one had a result of 1: 2770. Annas was 1:2500, so everything is cool! My genes are awesome in combination with Tanjas.

Sometimes you feel like padding your own back when nobody else does... :)

PS: I rock!

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

:pat:
Now you don't have to pat yourself...

:rockon: