The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I will grab a drink and join in the nostalgia. OG was a great place when there was people running it with lots of ideas and new ways of thinking, and then it got worse, and worse, and then all of a sudden it collapsed on itself, due to the owner who didn't show interest in it for a handfull of years... I am glad it is now somewhat gone, so it wont stand as a defacing tombstone to what was once. I would rather have the memories in my head than the cold reality that viewing something post mortem can be. How macabre...
Well a toast to OG back when (insert your own anekdotes that defined what you will drink to) and a drink to CWF who still continues to be a very dedicated place with dedicated people, and an owner that is still present. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Let's pour some vodka on the ground for the dead...

Well, I'm too glad that it's finally dead for good. The limbo was pretty bad.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Oh and not to switch subjects, but I wanted to share... I ran 10 kilometers today in a Marathon-preparation run. :)
Next month its 15 kilometers, and the month after that it is 22.something also known as a half-marathon. :)
And I got 2 other runs lined up in the coming months besides those, so I might very well get somewhere with my running this year - no pun intended...

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I wasnt inactive on OG and always posted from time to time, so no big change for me. Except the colours, so it looks like blackdiam. Archives are still there if youd like to refresh your memory when youll be old and want to show your grannies what youve been doing in your free time in ancient times. :D

Id still love to see our site and these new forums, which most likely wont turn into anything, united. I dont wish bad for upcoming project if there is any, but looking at number of people who visited OG in its last days and lack of enthusiastic force [except Captain] which could start working for new project I somehow doubt it will turn into site of any sort. Small rpg like blackdiam is possible or maybe only forum games like reindeer hunt which all of us remember. It is probably the most that can be squeezed from what it represents now.

So let's light the candle for OG and wish everybody happy posting in "new" forums.

[*]
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

You know the first time I ever really got into a conversation on OG was when a giant farting war had broken out in the tavern...ahh the good ol' days...

I couldn't really get into OGC, I think I just posted there because I was hoping that somewhere down the line it might come back to the OG glory days.

On the other hand, the same thing that brought me to OG was what kept me here at CWF...the need to play games...

I just logged into Blackdiam right now...(yes, my account is still active, and I even have an avatar)...and realized that OG is truly gone...so I will join everyone in a toast...a big mixture of all that everyone used to drink, a punch of absinthe, beer, whiskey, scotch, and can't forget the malibu rum...I'll sit on my broken bar stool here at CWF, toast loudly, and let loose a little toot in front of the lit candles in memories of those days of OG.

:Cheers: :beersong: :cry:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Dont toot too hard with that mixture of alcohol in your stomach, as the lit candles might explode... :D

--Mark Twain
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Hello everyone. Just checked blackdiam, seems to get a lot of movement right now, I'll inform you of any projects that are being undertaken (right now only french rpgs needing translation to english).

A beer please.
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hiya SG. One beer coming up. Who is over at BD that I know? Has anyone heard from Jreiss in the last couple of years? I never have time to go over to BD at all.
Always good to see you again. Cheers!

--Mark Twain
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Hi Chroelle

In BD so far I've found: DL, FFreak3, Mirko, Railo, Maz, Yucie & a friend of her, eMTe, Ancsur and Sabrina?, those are the people I remember seing in the Tavern.

As for Jreiss, I've found him sometimes in MSN but I haven't spoke with him in a quite a while.

If you need his MSN address or the one of Splash just say and I'll send it by PM.
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I unfortunately dont use MSN or its likes anymore, as I cant find the time to talk to people online. My computertime goes here, very concentrated at the moment, and the rest goes to my webdesigncompany... But if you should talk to any of them please let them know that they ae welcome to drop by and have a chat in here, as I kind of miss some of them. Seems so sad to let old friendships go...

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I am going to the mountains on Monday and will be back on Saturday. Absolutely no plans for being online, vague plans for turning off the phone. :ninja:

Ill be here til tomorrow's evening though.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

A brief suggestion:

In regards to the black strip on the banner, could someone put a note about that with the news, so that all will know what it exactly means?

I didn't get the connection between it and the news article about Rudy Caiman's death. Never seen something like this before online.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Might be a good idea. Maybe if you hover the banner, there should be some text saying that we are mourning the death of Rudy "Caiman" Versele.

And have a nice trip eMTe.

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Thanks. The only thing that troubles me are plus temperatures, so might be that we'll be hiking through streams of water rather than snow. :D Anyway, free week is free week, whatever the weather.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Happy Birthday Jayenkai :)

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Yeah, happy (belated) birthday, Jayenkai!!! :Birthday:

Keep on making this great games!
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I second the wishes, but Im afraid Jay is one of these members who prefer to visit gaming forums, not leisure ones. But keep on good job if youll read it!

I have a nice idea. Every time a forum member you want to wish HB has birthday you write a reminder here and encourage us all to do a little pm-spamming. That way we'll be almost sure everybody gets the message. If he/she has notification turned on, but the chance is greater.

Im back from Adam Malysz's hometown and nearby mountains. My ankles hurt a bit, but at least we had three days of nice weather. Plus 2 bad days. Weve found one trail which apparently wasnt touched by anybody since last snowfall (no footprints), but it was quite demanding - knee-deep snow and steep slopes. Last day we had to turn back from trail to highest summit (easy to reach in summer), because it turned into skating-rink when path reached deeper forest. :D Very fine trip anyway.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Sounds like a really good time. I cant wait until Anna is big enough to go on trips like that with me. :)
Tanja will propably rather be without going out on a trek. But if there is a younger brother or sister by then then she can look after him/her.
I love doing these outdoorsy things.

--Mark Twain
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

*sigh* Sorry for the lack of noticing.
I agree with the need for PMs ;)

Thanks all!

30 years old... It's one of those "OMG I'm xxx" ages, where you start to freak out about having not actually accomplished anything with your life!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Except 20 pages of games.

LOL!