The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I need a hot lemon... my boyfriend has passed on his man flu to me, grr to him. My head feels like it will explode, which isn't a good thing when I have to spend 8+ hours looking at a monitor :p

Anyway enough complaining :) I wouldn't like the retouching job, 1000 images is such a scary number. Is it for print or for web?
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

They are for print, so I have some leeway in the quality. Most are photos from the 1930s through 50s, so the work isn't horribly hard.

We're breaking them up into blocks of 20-50 at a time.

Got a camp trip this coming weekend, five hours in a truck each way I can be on my laptop working on this.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am down with the flu as well... I had to go home from work with a fever and every bone in my body aching on monday. And this means I have now officially had more sickdays in this month alone than in the rest of the year together...
The good news is that we finally found out what is wrong with Anna this time around. She has been sick with a fever for 24 days now. That is a VERY long time for a kid her age, so we were beginning to get worried again. She had all kinds of tests taken, and when they didn't find anything on the conventional tests we were worried of something more harsh being wrong. But then our doctor decided to do the urintest again and a urinway infection was found. It had been on off during this period, which is why they didn't find it the first time around. So now we got some pills which should cure her in 5 days. Now we are just hoping that we can kep ourselves and her fit and healthy for the next while so our wedding which is a week and a half away wont get ruined...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

In about 10 minutes, my dad will be here to pick me up for our Memorial Day trip to Camp Ma Ka Ja Wan. It is about 5 hours from here. eMTe, I will have those FreeTrain screenies when I get back. Likely I won't have internet access up there.

Will be back Monday, and probably feeling fresh after this trip!

Talk to you all Monday!

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Well I hope that Anna feels better soon, I will keep my fingers crossed that all of you will be fit and well for your wedding :)

Have a nice trip Rym
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I keep my fingers crossed for all in-FLU-enced people out there and all screenies waiting to be made. ;)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Swine flu! Swine flu!

...sorry, couldn't help myself...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I haven't been messing around with any pigs recently. Even thought my bachelorparty got wild, it never got that wild :)

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Swine flu is not the problem anymore, so jokes are not offensive. Media consider it hot topic no longer, so I guess majority of us reading this (most likely everyone) will be alive. We survived another media-created panic, I guess it makes us all veterans of some sort.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Let's wait which type of animal flu will be the next big thing. Here are my favourites:

Duckbill platypus flu
Okapi flu
Ephemeropteran flu
Flea flu
Gnu flu
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Pigeon Flu
Spider Flu
Hippopotamus Flu
Tyrannosaurus Rex Flu

and of course...
Fly Flu
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Congrats on the Birthday Raillo!
:birthday:

Hope you have a great one with no animal flu's!

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, Raillo!!!

Hope you have a nice one (somewhere in the wilderness iirc)!

:Cheers: :shots: :beersong:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Floo, floo!! Fluffy Fluthday!! :D

Or simply have a great time and dont crush one of your wagons when walking with piece of cake in one hand and bottle of drink in second.
Attachments
Happy_Birthday.jpg
Happy_Birthday.jpg (38.26 KiB) Viewed 10345 times
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Today I am having my last workday before next tuesday. Wednesday we are picking up our family from the States at the airport, and spending most of the day with them. Thursday is all about preparations for the wedding and Friday is the same, with preparing the big dinner and dance room, we are using Saturday. Then Friday evening I am sleeping at my dads and Saturday we are gonna get ready for church at 2.30 pm, and at 3 pm I am supposed to be a married man. I am pretty psyched about it, and feel really ready for it. It's weird how one reacts to a day like this after having a kid and being together for 7-8 years...

Are tehre any weird wedding traditions in your country/religion? I am protestant myself, so the weirdest traditions is propably the guys grabbing the groom at the end of the wedding walse and cutting his tie and socks in half... Also when the bride or groom goes to the bathroom people line up to kiss the one left behind before he/she gets back...
We also dont get to see eachother from the night before and until we meet at the altar.

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Good luck with the wedding, C.

As a present of sorts, I figure by the end of the weekend, I will have a few railroad pictures to show, of how big my layout is. Besides, a few places on it are starting to look real good.

It is amazing how much a few street lamps, and details on the sidewalks (And cleaning up accumulated dust and debris) can help!

Bought 80 street lamps on eBay, plus bus/train station benches, and some other details, for all of $50. They came from China, but work OK and look good!

Cheers, everyone!

Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I was just thinking about the site's name CWF. What if we took the "of" with in the name, and then called it CWoF.
Then you could say "I work as a crewmember on CWoF!".
Or when adding games to the site, and contacting developers; "You've just been CWoF'ed!".
Faster to say, instead of spelling the letters CWF. And then it's catchy. :)

Just some mindless rambling from me. :Cheers:
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I don't wanna be a CWoF.... :sorry:
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Me neither. CWF sounds fine, altough I always have to think of a Wrestling Company.... :D

Good luck on getting married Chroelle.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle's Wrestling Frederation? Chroelle's Worlwide Fund? The possibilities are endless.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!