The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Simply wanted to let everyone know that the interview with Hayo Van Reek is now up. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Simply wanted to know who invented the Village Square name? :)

Organic food. Interesting. Must try it, albeit I'm not developer of any sort.

Still cant help, I think interviews are made WITH someone, not OF someone. It doesnt let me sleep.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Yep, and I think it would be great to have the name there as well: Interview with Hayo Van Reek (developer of Bernhard & Hank).
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Google: "interview of" - 2 660 000, "interview with" - 81 500 000. :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

eMTe wrote:Simply wanted to know who invented the Village Square name? :)
I did. :)
Any other suggestions are welcome. I thought that Marketplace sounded like a place where you bought and traded things.

And I agree with the whole interview of thing and the name thing. Only problem is that we need someone to fix it... I am not sure I can do it, and I am less sure that Zyx reads this.

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I propose, in honor of the old OG, 'The Town Hall' :idea:

I was playing Highway Pursuit this evening- anyone manage to go very far in the game? I got 11 kilometers before I crashed for the final time.

Game seemed to lag a little in the desert on my 1.0 GHz laptop (I do have 32 MB VRAM and 512 MB PC133 SDRAM)
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I've no idea what file to edit to change that word. There are about zillion different theme files and it's probably in one of them.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Oh, I forgot to ask: How is life treating you, Chroelle? Everything going well again with the baby and wife?

I've been up all night working on my railroad and of course, playing Highway Pursuit. I swear, that game gets addictive sometimes.

Of course, I spent about two hours on the phone with my girlfriend tonight. Her bus is in Madison, Wisconsin, and she is on overnight layover there before returning to Chicago tomorrow. She used to work for our local transit agency, Pace, but now works for an intercity coach company.

With bus 2337 at Pace maybe facing retirement in the next year, she and I are thinking of maybe buying it. She and I met on that unit, and to boot, I found her a diamond ring wedged between a seat and a wheelwell on it. Fit her darn close to perfectly.

I'm going to have to see how much they would want for an old 1993 built bus.

Of course, what am I going to do with a 40 foot transit bus, and where the hell would I even store it???

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well life is keeping me busy. Thanks for asking. But busy with projects of my own choice more or less. I ahve some amazing projects going on currently, as you can read in the thread about projects in this forum.
We are close to being ready for our marriage, and the little one is turning 2 in a couple of weeks (the 21st) so she is not that much of a baby anymore. Boy how time flies...

Sounds like a very cool and romantic thing with buying the bus. I would offer you storage space but the only storage space I have available is online, and I am guessing that wont do you any good. ;)

MAybe if you write about Highway pursuit in the gamthread the developer will see the issue and respond. I must admit I haven't played it since I made the interview WITH the developer.
On that topic, I an say that I tried searching through the files and couldn't find any way to edit it. I think the best resolve would be to contact Maz about it.

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Wow! Almost 2 already! Seems like not that long ago that you were still anticipating the baby, that she hadn't even been born yet!

Well, Maria and I have been together a long time now too, I tend to lose track of how long exactly- every time we see each other, there is still some magic in the air. Probably because she now lives a good distance away and it takes hopping a bus from my place to the train station, then taking a train to Chicago, which is an hour or so, then hopping two buses to another terminal in Chicago, then a train from Chicago to Joliet, then another two buses to her place.

Of course, she can drive, so usually she comes up here or we meet for a date downtown in Chicago.

This is why I more or less 'fall off the face of the Earth' on weekends. I usually disconnect the phone when she is here and make it very hard for anyone to contact me unless it is by email.

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

How long has it been approx?

--Mark Twain
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hey folks! :D
just wanted to stop by this forum, and say hi to everyone :) It's been quite a while since my last visit... But sure I still remember my favourite drink inhere, though there's a new bar now :P

*Looks at drinks menu*

Ahh, here it is! Barkeep! I'll have a beer!

Yearh, that's what I like :)

Cheers! *buuurp*
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Hey, it really been a while since you last droped by. Nice to see you again. Just take a seat and enjoy your stay!

:Cheers:
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Today seems to be the birthday of Maz! Happy birthday, mate.

Let's all raise a dram of whisky for that.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Thanks Zyxxer :) I do appreciate the whisky, although I do not think if 30 years is something to celebrate... It means I've half way through my life (with my habits that is :D )
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Nice to see you too PA :)
And happy b-day mazzie :P
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy belated birthday, Maz!!! And don't be that pessimistic. Your lifestyle can't be much worse than mine. And when I turned 30 I decided just a quarter of my life is over... ;)

:Cheers: :shots:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Heck - with Maz's lifestyle he just passed 30 (in dog years.) :raz:

Happy belated birthday friend. Good to see you can keep up agewise. ;)
:birthday:

Say hi to the family, and I hope you had a really nice day yesterday.

And Chillum it sure has been a while. Good to see you in here again. Feel free to stop by more often. We could still use people though we have gotten another Dane in here.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

If anyone wonders why there are just so few posts of me during the last few days, as always on the second weekend of march we have europeans biggest literature festival in town. If you would throw a stone in Leipzig today, you would most probably hit an author, a lector or a publisher. There are more than 2.500 readings by 1.500 authors in 5 days and so far I visited about 40 readings since wednesday. Be sure that I need a lot of beer to keep my brain clear... ;)

Expect me back on monday!
Last edited by Pater Alf on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Hope you're having fun, Pater! A literature festival does sound interesting.

@Chroelle, Maria and I have been together for about two and a half years. But we've known each other longer. I used to ride her bus to Motorola twice a month to meet up with a friend there. We started talking for a while, and eventually became very close.

Really, she has been the biggest push for getting more railroad work done. She tries to help, but doesn't know too much about the mechanics behind it.