The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Didn't have time to drop by yesterday, as we were having a birthday party for Tanja, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY SCYTHE! :D
I know how much you love birthdays - and especially your own.:D

@Maz: We want to see pics. I need inspiration for my own wedding. We have only been together for 6 years, but I am not sure it will feel that much different from 9 years.
I only attended a few weddings so far (we are only the 3rd couple in our group of friends who is getting married) and not one with a fight yet, so I am hoping that people will keep their fists wrapped around beerglasses and dancepartners instead of using them for fights. I actually dont think any of our guests are that wanting for fights... Maybe some of the girls... But thats not a problem. :razz:
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, SGSW!!!

Best wishes for the forecoming year and we hope to see you around here more often... ;)

:Cheers: :Party2: :cake:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Yet another birthday. Have a happy one SG.:D

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am trying to warm up for my big day tomorrow. It's tomorrow where I finally take up my own challenge and run the Eremitageløb (13 kms) and I really hope I can do it and do it properly. You might remember I set myself this goal some years ago before breaking my leg, and so making it impossible for me for so long to run and giving me a real downer because I was on top of my game when it went snap.
But I feel good, and I even promised myself that if I did good I would keep making these kinds of goals for myself. I even considered running a half-marathon, but I have to see how I feel after tomorrow. Unfortunately they promised rain and strong winds tomorrow....:(
But wish me luck, and buy me a hot cup of coco tomorrow when I return. :)
Last edited by Chroelle on Sat Oct 03, 2009 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

--Mark Twain
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Best of luck Chroelle! It's always great to hear when people face their challenges.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Best wishes from my side too!!! I know how hard it is to get back in shape when you haven't done sport for years and I think it's even harder when you suffered from a serious injury.

Good luck!!! :2thumbs: And who knows: Maybe we can run a half marathon together one day in the future...
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Another birthday to celebrate:

Happy Birthday, Pager!!!

Hope you have a nice one and there will be a lovely new year in front of you!

:Cheers: :beersong: :shots: :Birthday: :baloonsmilies:
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

That's a lot of birthdays in the fall...

Enjoy. :cake:
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Hello everyone. Great to hear that Maz's wedding went fine and that you didn't need to much alcohol to get all humman back again, oh great master of shadows :mrgreen: 8) :roll:

Great to hear that someone remembered my birthday besides the family and a couple of close friends. Ignore that last sentence. It's a great day and I'm alone in the house and most of my friends seem to be sleeping at 5 PM. I need a drink or to go out and talk to the birds.

My back are nearly back into shape so I might get a job soon.

Well it's been great talking to you but this post is getting to long and the captain just informed me I'm getting out of runway :lol: :wink: :tiphat: :happydance:
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hi everybody (HI Dr. Nick)

Happy belated birthday Pager! I hope you had a good one.
I had a lovely run yesterday. It was raining, muddy and windy and we had to cross a lot of open areas, so I got very cold, wet and muddy, but still succeeded in runnning the whole thing in one go.
Can't wait till next year. :D
I am acking in my entire body but mostly my hips, knees and nipples (dont ask) are hurting like hell. :)
I think I inspired Tanja to start running soon, since she saw my weightloss. I have lost 5 kilos within a rather short time, and really tightened everything up nicely within the last couple of months. So the 5 kilos are propably even more if you count amount of fat burned - since there has certainly been some musclebuilding too. I will put up a picture when I get it.
Today I have to be at work from 7 to 20.30, so feel sorry for me.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm a little curious. Will you tell us the time it took you to run the 13 km? I'm also curious why your nipples hurt from running (but I'm not really sure I want to know that)...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Think rainy wet, sweating and a t-shirt gliding across your nipples for 13 kilometers... Ouch.
It took me the grand total of 1:25:40 to run the 13,31 kilometers. And it is a really "curvy" landscape with lots of hills and steep climbs. So I am more than a little satisfied. :D

When is it you are going to run the Leipzig something?
And yes to answer you from a while back - we might end up running something at the same place. I am considering marathons, and I am thinking both the Copenhagen and the Berlin one in 3 years or so...

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Pretty good time when I consider the weather and the fact that you started running just a few months ago.

I'm going to run the Leipzig halfmarathon, but that's still some time away (in early spring). If everything works fine, I consider doing a marathon (Leipzig or Berlin) after that. But I'm also thinking about a olympic distance triathlon (1,5 km swimming, 40 km cycling, 10 km running). Let's see what the future will bring...
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

*Opens a bag of chips on his couch*

Go get 'em, boys.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

:lol:
Satisfaction is attained in different ways from one person to the other. :D

I have considered doing a halfmarathon and who knows what comes after that. I am still trying to get the pic from Tanja but we haven't been home at the same time that much since Sunday noon.

I really love the fact that my running might inspire Anna at some time to either do the same or at least realize that it is never too late to start something, and whatever hardship you meet, you can overcome - eventhough it might take some time.

What runs did you do so far PA?

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I just got a notice from the photographers that take pictures at the Eremitageløb that they had a picture with me in it. Here it is, with copyprotection and all.
Attachments
Eremtiageløb.png
Eremtiageløb.png (604.62 KiB) Viewed 10034 times

--Mark Twain
Tank

Post by Tank »

So, how did you do?
Enjoy your stay.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well as I wrote I ran the whole thing in 1:25:40 which is very good I think. I overtook more people than overtook me, so I felt good about it. And at the same time there is room for improvement for the coming years so I will be able to run against myself for some time. :) I also have some times along the route so I will get a good idea wether I am in front or behind my last time.
I finished in the slower part of my sex, and my agegroup which is 20-34 so I am not feeling too bad about it since it was my first. I expect to place higher in the coming years. :D

Oh and on another note - I prolonged the name Curlysworldoffreeware.com today, but decided to skip renewing Curliesworldoffreeware.com.

--Mark Twain
Tank

Post by Tank »

Good to hear that you did well Boss. I have to admit, I have no idea what to think about the time (if it's good or not), but the fact that you overtook more than you got overtaken, is good enough.

Therefore Kudos Buddy. You earned it!
Enjoy your stay.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Chroelle wrote:
What runs did you do so far PA?
Sorry, no runs so far (except the ones I did 10 or 15 years ago).

When I started running again back in March, I decided that I will give myself a whole year to get back in shape and then do a real run. That will be the Leipzig half marathon next spring and it was my goal to complete it in under 2 hours. Things went well and I'm pretty sure I could run it in that time right now (I run 12-13 km every second day and normally it takes me between 57 minutes and 1 hour 2 minutes), so I might reset my goal and set the bar a bit higher.