The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

No posts.
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Thanks for the wishes guys!!! Sorry for not being here all this time but things at work and at home have been very tough on me this month...
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Sad to hear life has not been gentle :( But truth is that life rarely is :/ Anyways I'm glad to see you're back :)

Oh, and congraz to all whose bdays I missed... :/ My own life has been quite hectic too.. Work responsebilities have increased, hunting season has begun, and kiddo has a nasty flu which affects on his sleeping... But generally I and my family are OK, it's just that my schedule has been tightening again... I know I have quite a many tasks pending in here, and I'm sorry for all the delays. I hope I'll find the time to do some of those relatively soon... ;) (Relatively soon will propably mean 'not that soon at all'...)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It seems Real Life is out kicking butt and taking names again. Somebody must do something about this bully...!

Feel free to recover from his attacks guys. Dont let him get you down. And if you need someone to talk over attack-strategies against him, my ICQ is always open (even though I am not there).

The various bugs that are waiting can wait until your kiddos personal bug has lifted. :D
Dont want the server to catch a virus...Ok...Now would be the time where somebody should stop me....

And on a totally different note. I signed up to do some volunteer work for the community on a site for these kind of things and now I am the new webmaster of a sclerosis-society over in Jutland (the other end of Denmark from where I am sitting). I promise though that this wont interfere with my CWF-time as I have planned how to prioritise things in my life with this in it. It just feels good to do stuff.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Well, well, well! When I get home from work, I'm going to finish the last mission of the last chapter of Marvel Trading Card Game (still terribly original title). There's hope yet!

I haven't been this much in love with a game since, since... I don't know. Planescape: Torment?
Pager

Post by Pager »

You want to talk about game addictions...
I just spent the last few weeks wandering the wilderness constantly in Two Worlds for the Xbox 360, trying to complete the last three achievements...1. Visit All Undergrounds, 2. Visits All Location, 3. <can't remember what this was>

Until I found out on the internet that you can't complete these achievements, it's apparently a bug in the game...or as I like to call it, incomplete. :diablo:
BOOOO!!

Although, good news, I got a meeting tomorrow with the Director of Information Systems in my office to talk about a future opportunity for a C++ coding job. Guess I'll need to brush up on my skills...since they really need some work...
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

(whisper) I got Blue Dragon for the X360 the other day. But don't tell Chroelle, in case I get sucked into it.

Oh, and Two Worlds? I considered it, but I think the reviews kinda turned me off to it. So what's good and bad about it, ya thank?
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

For once I'm not the last one...

HAPPY BDAY Manimal!! :mrgreen:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Yep Happy Birthday Manimal.
It has been a while since you last checked in, but I can imagine you would drop by to read wishes. :D

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, Manimal!!!

Have a nice party... :Cheers: :beersong: :pepsi: :shots: :morebeer:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Check other forum for Mani's response...hopefully.

Bah...other forum. :|
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pager

Post by Pager »

Scythe wrote:(whisper) I got Blue Dragon for the X360 the other day. But don't tell Chroelle, in case I get sucked into it.

Oh, and Two Worlds? I considered it, but I think the reviews kinda turned me off to it. So what's good and bad about it, ya thank?
Well, I like the huge world, large variety of weaponry, and the combat is pretty neat. Its a lot like playing Diablo but in a third person over the shoulder view. Plus you can combine armour and weapons of the same class together and form stronger armor. There's also an alchemy thing where you can combine stuff you find laying around into potions and augmenting gems.

Riding the horse is awkward. I found it hard to maneuver around openings and trees, plus its hard to turn while riding fast. I left a few horses on the sides of mountains because I couldn't get them to turn around and go back down.

The fact that the game is not complete is a bit of a downer.

There are a lot of enemies but they're usually predictable and travel in packs of 3...always, unless you're fighting skeletons in some dungeon...then they travel in packs of 3 million. Large enemies can be difficult at first, but when you figure out their movement you can swing, back off for them to strike and miss, then swing again., so it loses some of the challenge once you figure that out.

I wouldn't say it's horrible though, it's just not fantastic...it's just sort of there...let me know about Blue Dragon...

...and before this gets too long...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANIMAL!!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Ok, you made me decide against it right at the "like playing Diablo" part. :lol: Thanks! Money saved.

As for Blue Dragon, I played 3-4 hours last night, and... it's sort of like Dragon Quest VIII on speed, minus the charm. Which is to say, cutesy characters - so cute as to be somewhat unappealing - rushing around in a complete bonkers story that moves much too abruptly to make much sense so far. Your location is forcibly changed like five times in the first hour alone, with no going back.

If saccharine cuteness is on the wrong side of the spectrum for you, don't even think about it. If DQVIII was a godly thing to you, as it was to me, this is sort of half way that. Oh, and an unexciting but standard turn-based combat system.

Of course, the fact that the game comes on 3 DVDs to accommodate all the cut scenes is kinda... impressive.

Now, how's about Eternal Sonata?
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I wouldn't know. I just wanted to say that we finally got a letter from a charity-organisation where we are now the protectors of a boy from Mali. We support him financially every month, and combining that with the fact that I wa announced as the new webmaster of the Mariagerfjord Sclerosis union website as a volunteer today makes me have a rather nice feeling inside.
On another note I can say that I have continued work on the concept I am working on for Connect-webdesign which lets me believe I can start to earn a little money on it (enough to support the cost of this site once a month) within long. Hopefully I can earn even more money on it soon. But first I need some details done.

--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

Scythe wrote: Now, how's about Eternal Sonata?
It's not baaad. I only played it for about 3 hours last night (after playing Halo 3), it's got a lot of cut-scenes so far...almost too many and the story is almost non-existent at this point. I like the battle system, and the fact that it changes as you level up.

Right now it flip-flops between two storylines, sort of like Arc the Lad did, but more frequently. But I get the feeling that the storys will be coming together quickly.

@Curly, congrats on becoming the protector of the boy from mali and the sclerosis site, both sound like a good cause.
:cool:

This past week has been interesting to say the least. I met with my personal trainer for the first time, and he told me to stop all the exercising that I have been doing and focus on strengthening my legs and lower back. I've officially been thrown back onto my diet and hope to be at my goal weight by the end of the year, which means no more beer. If I can make it through Oktoberfest without drinking any alcohol I should be able to go the rest of the year without it. :roll:

Other than that, I had a meeting with the Director in charge of the programmers at work, and she is going to push to get me a job in c++ development. I just need to brush up on my skills. Plus they're sending me on a UML training course. So that is freaking exciting. Hopefully then, Maz, I will be able to answer your quizzes better once I actually start programming again... :lol:
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Pager wrote:It's not baaad. I only played it for about 3 hours last night (after playing Halo 3)
I'll have to wait for the PAL release, but I must say it looks promising from what I've seen (and read). Never mind Halo 3 though. I'll pass on that. :)
Pager

Post by Pager »

Boo for video formats. I could have sent you Eternal Sonata when I was finished. It's getting better now, it just took a while to get into, the story is not really "there" at the beginning. I just sort of walked around fighting enemies, saying, "why am I doing this?" But it gives you a good background on characters and such.

and by the way...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCYTHE

:bananaparty2: :Birthday: :beersong: :shots: :beersong: :Birthday: :bananaparty2:
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, Scythe!!!

Hope you have a year full of joy, exitement and love ahead...

:morebeer: :beersong: :Cheers: :pepsi: :shots:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Indeed a happy Brithday my addicted friend. Do get drunk tonight or tommorow!
Have a great one and enjoy the celebrations.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Thank you, boys. Hold the cake, I'm on no sugar these days. Hold the booze, I'm on no alcohol these days. All in all, I'm no fun these days. 75% of my presents were of the clothing kind, if that's any indication. ;)

Anywoo, enough about my forgettable birthday (though for once, I actually remembered it myself). I'm through the first disc of Blue Dragon, and it's still completely saccharine bonkers, so don't say I didn't warn you, Pager!