The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Hey All...sorry I haven't been around at all lately, but I am officially having the most stressful month on the face of the planet. My job is killing me to the point where I barely want to use my computer when I get home in case something breaks. :(

I would like to say I just noticed the menu bar at the top with all the non-standard options, like the "Let Me In" and such. I don't know how long that's been there, but it's quite awesome.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't played BioShock yet, I suggest you do. It's freakin incredible. I finally got to play it last night, and couldn't stop. It's like a drug...only not as harmful.

@Scythe, hope your mouth gets to feeling better. That's freakin rough. I think I was getting sympathy pains just reading that.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I'm playing Bioshock right now. Just got it this morning. :) Mouth better, we'll see what the dentist does to it on Tuesday.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Nice to see you in here Pager :) And I know the job can be a killer at times... My co-worker who runs old tests while I create new ones is having a vacation once again. (Well, he does LOTS of other things but runs just old tests too). And naturally I am the one who gets the 'these should have done last week' jobs while he's away... When we combine these + my own tasks that should have been done already... Well, I'll just say that I had 10 hrs workday once again...

What comes to non standard links etc. They have been there only for couple of days. And if you happend to have any suggestions regarding the names of the options, tell me and I can see if they're easily changed :)
Pager

Post by Pager »

That's what I dislike about working through the summer...when people go on vacation having to do their duties as well.
That and the air conditioning being cranked to the max...soooo...coooolllddd in here... :Nerd:

Oh well, it's friday today, that's all that counts. Drinks on me today! :beersong:

:cow:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well some good and some bad news. Tuesday night Tanja was hospitalized again, but she got out yesterday. Once again she got an attack of "gall-stones."
The good news is that they now set a date for her operation to get the gallbladder removed. Next thursday she will be hospitalized again and should be for two days...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

This is not funny :(
Actually, it's odd. I am sad and glad to hear :rolleyes:

Good luck, and take care. And remember, after all the rain, the easy and sunny days will always eventually come :)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Good luck for the operation. I hope everything will be ok after that!

I have some good and some bad news as well. If everything goes the way it should, I have a new job from 1. September on (at least for six months). The bad news are that I won´t have that much time for the site as I had the last few months. But I think I will still have enough time to validate games and add some from time to time...

Thank you for the beer, Pager!!! :Cheers:
Pager

Post by Pager »

@#%$ Chroelle. :(
I had a friend of mine have her gallbladder removed a few weeks ago, it completely changed her way of life and everything. But on the lighter side she felt a lot better afterwards.

I wish you and Tanja luck as well. And Maz is right, sunny days will come...and they will be the sweetest days you've ever lived through...

@PA: That just means the rest of us will need to step up a bit...I should be able to devote more time after summer.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I just read a few messages about such operation. (Finnish People's experiences). All of they were happy about the removal, because they had extreme pains before. Only thing I could consider negative was, that surprizingly many people told that the whatchamacallit... (an operation which only leaves a tiny mark. Which is done without really cutting patient open... ) was not possible as was thought at first, but they were operated in traditional way.

Most of those who had been operated in traditional way, had had a month's sick leave from work, and told they were fine even before the leave was over :)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

To follow up on tradition, I think I said something about Tanja being home and maybe that would leave me more time to CWF... And as always it resulted in Tanja being hospitalized once more. Once more during the night we had to call an ambulance, and she just called me and told me that they will try to see if they can operate her even before Thursday. I really hope they can.
To describe why I hope so. This is a classic attack of gall-stones on Tanja.
11 pm: pain starts.
12 pm: Tanja has to take some sever painkillers like morphine pills or ketogan.
12.30 am: Tanja starts to throw up every two minutes, and has screaming pains. (She is the one screaming.)
1 am: We call an ambulance, Tanja is still screaming and crying and throwing up.
1.30 am: In the ER they trry to put a venflon (iv) in Tanja, but she is (as some might remember) very hard to put iv's in. She has too small vains, and she has extreme pains when people try to put ivs in. BEfore the pregnancy Tanja was hysterically afraid of needles. When they tell her now she has to get an iv, she accepts and just takes the pain.
2 am: They put Tanja in her own ER room, as she is screaming up the whole ER, due to pains, and maybe they got an iv working.
2.30: Someone has called anastetics and they can put ivs on Tanja. Tanjas is now calmed own by Morphine or harder drugs and has gotten something for the sickness and nausea, so she has stopped throwing up.
3 am: Tanja is rolled up to her old department, where we now know all the nurses and doctors, and they know us.
Now we await two days before they have any real information for us.

That is a typical attack. Now you combine this with Anna having fever and crying all night, and me having had 4 hours of sleep the last two nights.

I need a HUGE cup of coffee, a good nights sleep, a Tanja- hold the gallbladder, a working baby-pacifier and something to laugh about... I think I will go find myself a game I can validate now.

Also I think I really need to point out that it really does help to read the stuff you write in here, and being on CWF gives me something else to think about. So THANKS GUYS.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

That operation definitely needs to be sooner rather than later, so while operations might not be a fun thing in general, it sounds good to me that it'll hopefully get done soon. There will be no complications and she'll be back home soon and all will be well. You hear me..? (Whoever can make sure it's so better listen)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks. I hope someone heard!

We really do hope that the operation will be very soon. TAnja was nervous of having the operation at first, but now she cant wait.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Chroelle wrote:I need a HUGE cup of coffee, a good nights sleep, a Tanja- hold the gallbladder, a working baby-pacifier and something to laugh about...
I can´t help with the other things, but here´s something to laugh about:
Attachments
Vampir-Biber.jpg
Vampir-Biber.jpg (27.65 KiB) Viewed 12233 times
Picasso-VanGogh.jpg
Picasso-VanGogh.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 12233 times
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

The site the last one came from is called Nichtlustig.de? (Notfunny.De)
Well thanks for the laugh. The first one cracked me up, especially when I noticed what was on the ground. :lol:

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Vampir-biber. Buahaha! :lol:

I'm still here, not present on forums, but hard-working offline (playing a couple of games). Expect votes soon.

Spirit stays strong.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Chroelle wrote:The site the last one came from is called Nichtlustig.de? (Notfunny.De)
Correct! Both cartoons are from the site. They are drawn by Joscha Sauer, who became quite popular in Germany during the last two years. If you can understand enough german, you should visit his site. Some of his cartoons are unbelievable funny...
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Back from holidays :(

I just read about Tanja, and I wish her swift recovery my friend!

In Greece things are not well for the last 4 days a big part of the country is burning... We have 63 dead so far and the Country has been put to red alert! :(
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Yeah, I read you were under martial law. I hope you're well away from the forest fires!
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

It is not exactly martial law... It is just that the government can commandeer vehicles and stuff at will.
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That must be very rough on the country. I read that it is more or less out of control. I remember something about every day 40 fires are put out, but 60 new fires emerge...

To bring you up to speed on my situation. Scythe it seems someone heard you. Tanja had the surgery last night and woke up this morning. She is feeling crappy but it is nothing compared to how bad she has been feeling.
I have been at work all day, and Anna has been taken care of by my dad and stepmom. On a day like that I really miss my little girl.

Tanja will be kept in the hospital for propably two more days, and then she gets to go home, but she cant do anything for a week, so I took thrusay and friday off from work to take care of Anna and also to rest a bit after this whole pangria/gallbladder affair. I hope I can get some time in here, but I am not making any promises as that got me in trouble the last couple of times.

And on another note. Scythe I just got Pans Labyrinth yesterday. I haven't seen it yet, but I do look forward to doing so. I remember you praising it in the cinema thread.

Have a good night all of you, and all beverages are on me.

--Mark Twain