Cinema

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Well, I went to see 28 Weeks Later last night.

I would have to say that I was pretty disappointed after seeing it. But I would like to add that it did start out promising, even though the ravaging scenes at the beginning were a little blurry, it sort of gave you that sense of panic where you're constantly asking, "what the heck is going on?"

But after that it just became predictablly dense. The events that drove the characters made no sense. Why does a head Medical Officer have no real power in the military? Not even enough to order a simple peon to do something...

How is it possible that someone with a bullet hole in their leg can outrun a horde of lightening fast infected?

Why does the father still remember everything while infected with the rage? Unlike the last movie where they were just less or more mindless carnivores.

And having a person that has a natural immunity to a genetically enhanced virus is a weak plot line at best, especially something as nasty as the Rage virus that, if anyone has seen the first remembers, could infect a burly chap with one drop of blood to the eye.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Wow, that movie got a sequel? I liked the bleakness of the first one, especially the alternate ending on the DVD. Hmm, doesn't look like it'll be in theaters over here. At least not any time soon. Or maybe it's already gone again. :lol: Oh, wait, it says September here...
Pager

Post by Pager »

Ya, I liked the first one as well. I found it also pretty good in terms of the paniced decisions the characters were making in a live or die situation...the was more rational, but still as random and by the seat of your pants...

This one...uh-uh...it was all a series of stupid mistakes made one after another, poorly written into the script to add "suspense" or to push along the story line.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Just got home from Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Big budget movie. Wish they started spending more of that money on half decent script writers. I'm glad I saw it in a movie theatre, for the effects, though. The final battle was worth the price of admission. And of course I'm not likely to ever see Johnny Depp and Chow Yun Fat in the same movie again. Pity Yun Fat's role wasn't larger.

Needless to say, if you're a fan of the series, this one is a must see, and it's not really worse than the second one. One could argue, and rightly so, that the second and third are one movie.

Now, if they ever make one more, let's have more Johnny Depp in it and less Orlando Bloom, even if it did suit him to be a bit darker in this one. Johnny Depp rulez! I actually just saw his first movie the other day, Nightmare on Elm Street. It's always fun to see where they started. :)
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 too on Saturday. I liked the first two a lot but this was a bit off... And I didn't like the ending at all!
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Really? I liked that the ending wasn't actually completely predictable for once. But you did of course stay till the end of the credits to see the real ending, right?
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

:O No don't do this to me... :(
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Well, I guess you can go download it now that you've already paid to see it. ;) I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's worth it, but... you did miss the ending, then.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Spider-Man 3
Not as good as the first and the second one, but still a nice action movie with some great special effects (especially Venom and Sandman looked cool). I think there were too many villains. Venom and the return of the Green Goblin would have been more than enough. In my oppinion there was no need for Sandman...

Irina Palm
Great movie starring Marianne Faithful. It´s about an elder woman who needs money for the cure of her grandson who is suffering a deadly illness. So she starts working in a sex club and soon becomes the "best right hand" in whole London....
Go and watch this movie! It´s definitely worth the money!!!
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Ocean's 13

Nice and fun movie to pass your time. The first of the trilogy remains on top but this had Al Pacino in, so there was some more quality in acting!
Pager

Post by Pager »

I skipped work on July 4th to see Transformers. My friend, who never does anything wrong and myself left for our lunch hour and didn't return until the movie was over...about 3 hours.

It was fantastic. Like absolutely fantastic. So good in fact, I felt like driving to my parents' house, digging out my Transformers and playing with them.

I've seen the movie twice in theatres now. I think the last time I ever saw a movie more than once in the theatres was when Star Wars A New Hope was re-released.
moshboy

Post by moshboy »

Finally saw 300 and quite liked it. Not as good as Sin City but decent, mindless fun nonetheless.

The Number 23 was plain awful - not due to Jim Carrey (he was ok).. the movie just took itself way too seriously and the script sucked.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

HAs nobody seen Simpson -the movie yet? I am anxiously awaiting some form of review about that.
I am way behind on lots of movies. Could anyone tell me the best Hollywood movie that came out in the last 6 months in the cinemas. Has to be on DVD now. :D
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Chroelle, I've seen Simpsons. And if you're a Simpsons fan you won't be disappointed. It has lots of funny scenes and a story worth the movie. Only minus is the length. It could have been longer. :)
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Chroelle wrote:I am way behind on lots of movies. Could anyone tell me the best Hollywood movie that came out in the last 6 months in the cinemas. Has to be on DVD now. :D
Hmm. Spider-Man 3?
Dot O'Rock
Patron

Post by Dot O'Rock »

INLAND EMPIRE by David Lynch.

Or 300.

Or Spiderman 3.
If you don't make a friend now,
one might make you -
so learn
the gentle art of making enemies.
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Yes 300 is great. And if you like Action movies, you might consider Crank.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

If you've read my thoughts on it, you know I won't recommend 300.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I know :D

I might look over some rental dvd's tonight so I can have a cozy night and just relax a bit. I am way stressed out. Yesterday I tried to keep awake through Sky CAptain and the world of tomorrow, but failed miserably 3-4 times, ending up with a weird sensation of having watched something I didn't quite get the hang of...
Thanks for the bids on good movies.

Back on track.
Sy captain had some fun ideas and was a great depiction of old classic superhero tales. Superman/SKy captain - Lois Lane/ Polly PErkins.
I think some of it was quite good, but the "basicness" of the story was a bit annoying to me. I needed a twist of some sorts...
Somethng like Dex being Totenkopf or something. BTW: What is Totenkopf called in Germany?
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Death's Head of course! :lol: