Cinema

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

spanek
Tycoon

Cinema

Post by spanek »

Here we can discuss about new movies that are in the cinemas right now and you've watched them. You can tell us if you liked or not and why.

For me it's been a while since I went to the movies, but on Monday i've booked a seat for the "300". When I see it, I will tell you if I liked it. :)
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I'll be posting a couple ton of movies in here after the annual "Night Film Festival" at the end of the month. ;)

Until then.... I haven't been to the movies since some time last year... Jet Li's Fearless it was. I generally go watch every single Eastern Asian movie in the cinemas, to support the "genre" and hopefully make it grow in Denmark some day.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Hot Fuzz! Oh dear god, that was funny.

If you like Shaun of the Dead, this is even better! And if you didn't like Shaun of the Dead, then there's something wrong with you.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
moshboy

Post by moshboy »

I saw Ghost Rider and quite frankly thought it sucked, which was dissapointing since I usually like Nick Cage. The script was cliched and boring and the bits that tried to be funny just weren't.

Now I remember why I got turned off comic book movies in the first place.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Last time I went to the cinema was actually with the kids from work. We saw a movie called "Far behind the moon"... That is my translation. It was a Dutch movie about a girl with an alcoholic dad.
IMDB-link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313752/

It was a film-club that had invited alot of the institutions (including my workplace) to the cinema to see a couple fo movies. The other group from my work, went to see "Strings". I was jealous at first but it seemed I had a better time than they did.

Last time I went with my GF was when we saw "The Departed". Now that is a MUST SEE to all of you who haven't seen it yet. I know it is a remake, but it is really great.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Departed was excellent, but Leonardo di Caprio was better, I think, in Blood Diamonds - also an excellent movie.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

And I must say that I finally watched the Departed, and while I appreciate the plot being clearer, Matt Damon and Leonardo are nothing compared to Andy Lau and Tony Leung. See Infernal Affairs rather than this - you'll appreciate some of the best actors to be found. (Ok, I'm biased due to my Hong Kong-o-philia - pay me no mind if you prefer Hollywood. :) )
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I saw that one coming a mile ahead :lol:

Well I actually never saw internal affairs (besides the one with Richard Gere, and I am pretty sure that is not the one you are recommending :lol:) but I am going to see it as soon as possible.
I think the plot in this one was so damn cool, and really wrapped up nice. There were so many things I loved about the plot, that I wouldn't know where to start if I was to explain it. Last scene is a beaut!

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Infernal Affairs (note the "F" - no Richard Gere here; hear, hear) will be shown again at this year's "Night Film Festival" - not that I think you have time for it, but there it is. ;)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Oh, and I plan to see Pan's Labyrinth (El Laberinto del Fauno) tomorrow. It looks SWEET!
Pager

Re: Cinema

Post by Pager »

spanek wrote: For me it's been a while since I went to the movies, but on Monday i've booked a seat for the "300". When I see it, I will tell you if I liked it. :)
Spanek, have you seen it yet?? I saw it Friday after work, Fantastic!! I've been running around jumping off of couches and spearing people since seeing it. :twisted:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

Pager wrote:Spanek, have you seen it yet?? I saw it Friday after work, Fantastic!! I've been running around jumping off of couches and spearing people since seeing it.
I will be seeing it today at 20:30!! I've booked in cinema where is has stages called Gold Class. This is a 40 people stage, everybody far apart whith amazing lazy boy chairs!!
Chroelle wrote:Last time I went with my GF was when we saw "The Departed". Now that is a MUST SEE to all of you who haven't seen it yet. I know it is a remake, but it is really great.
I liked it, but it was a remake of an old fim with an alternate ending...
moshboy

Post by moshboy »

I saw Pan's Labrynth a month or so ago - it was quite good and very creative with its effects. Sortof an odd mixture of horror and fairytale.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It seems that Pans labyrinth could be something for me :D
What is the story behind it?

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

It's the story of the fight between a fascistic captain and the mountain guerrillas in Franco's Spain, and of an overimaginative little girl caught in the middle.

Or maybe it's the story of how the fairy princess tried to return to her father's court?

In any case, it's a beautiful work of art, well deserving of all the prizes it has won and been nominated for. We got it late in Denmark, but we finally got it. It really is a thing of beauty.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It is funny how I always used to loathe any movie not Hollywood-ish. Now I really think the coolest movies are from France, Italy, Spain, Holland, Sweden etc...
BUT I still appreciate a good Hollywood Cash-duck.

Delicatessen, Le ville des enfants perdue, La dolce vita, Far beyond the moon... Truelly great movies. Also I think Amelie is a really good movie. Even though I would propably rather watch it with the GF than with the guys.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I won't say I hate Hollywood - I just think it's pretty much stagnated, withered and died over the years. I just saw the trailer for the next Hollywood Horror - yet another (!) disaster movie.... The sun's going to die, and we have to reignite it or some such rubbish. Needless to say: Avoid at all cost!!! (Those sounds you're hearing are of me barfing behind the couch.)
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

I went to the cinema not long time ago... I saw a movie, which the most of you guys propably never are going to hear about, since it's a danish movie.. :roll:

But.... Before the movie started, I saw a commercial about a movie called "the number 23" (I think...), with Jim Carry... One of his more serious ones.. A horror movie I think, but I'm not sure...
I think it's about Jim, who reads a book called "The Number 23", and it changes his life... He realizes, that everything around him is regarded to the number 23..
I don't know much about it, but I think it looks really cool.... Anybody seen/heard about it???
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Sounds very much like a remake of the german movie "23" by Hans-Christian Schmid...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126765/

P.S.: Was at the cinema today and watched a dutch movie called "Het Schnitzelparadijs". It wasn´t a complete waste of time and had some quality scenes in it, but to be honest there are hundreds of better movies out there...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

300!!!

I went and saw it yesterday... The movie is AWESOME!!!! it has some historical errors but since it is based on a comic, I didn't give it much thought.
It has excellent fights, very nice choreography, and it passes the right message nicely. I put this first in my list as an all-time favourite , and my previous number one, goes in second. What was that? Braveheart (seen it over 10 times).

One thing is for certain : I am proud to be GREEK! :)