Someone help me out!

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Parvini
Tycoon

Someone help me out!

Post by Parvini »

Hi all.

As you probably all know, my site (here) has always attracted negative attention for my awful webdesign.

I thought I'd finally sort this out now (2 years after the site first went up). Basically all of the pages of the site are based on the same template. Basically I make a table and put a border round it. Here are the borders I use: see here and here). Then, I use basic textured backgrounds in my tables (see here and here) - and I write and put pictures on these.

Now, what I'm looking to do is just to REPLACE these with a clean template that highlights the content and doesn't draw attention to my awful web skills. :)

Any help would really be appreciated.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Sorry for double post, but I've kind of sorted out the problem by picking rather plain borders and backgrounds as replacements. Tell me what you think of the "new look".
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well it is kind of similar to the old one isn't it? I cant really remember since it was so long ago I last visited your site.
BTW: I just checked out your Ria Realm. You are a very lucky man!
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Chroelle, I replaced the borders and backdrops in the sections:

see:

http://www.parviniworld.cjb.cc/50to41.html

http://www.parviniworld.cjb.cc/100-91.html

It used to have different backgrounds and photos of people down the left and right sides.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I followed the old link, which actually shows a background just like the old days... So that is why I couldn't find anything renewed...
I do remember the old background.
I actually thought it gave the site personality. I do however like the simplicity of your new design. Also I will no doubt go through your new and improved top 50 list.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain