Windows Vista

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chillum
Legend

Windows Vista

Post by Chillum »

I was wondering if anybody has tried/got the new Windows Vista?
Does anybody have any opinions/experiences about it? Or is it too soon to ask for that now? :p
We'll probably all (Well almost at least) get it sooner or later, and soon I think it will be hard to find a new computer without Windows Vista comming with it...

I myself haven't been able to try it yet, unfortunately.. :( But what I have seen in commercials ect. so far, looks nice.. For example:

That, of course, is only the visionairy part of it.. According to Microsoft, it should also be both safer, funnier and easier to use..

Comments, anyone? :p
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I will not install Vista in my comp. (I simply prefer free, opensource operating systems which have been lots more reliable and user friendly that M$'s previous productions.)

And what I have heard of it is not so encouraging... Eating about 11 GB of disk space when office is installed, requiring tons of memory and cpu power and offering what? Useless (to me) new features which seem to be far from reliable... (Who have seen the infamous Windows Vista voice recognition video from their demo presentation?)

Oh, and a story about development procedure I read... Well, I REALLY do not expect anything bugfree... I could almost bet on my left testicle that after an year, there's at least 1 GB of bugfixes...

In short, expencive piece of ...
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I'm certainly not going to pay to be a Windows Vista beta tester. Maybe it's something I'll look at in a year or two, when I know it's working the way it was supposed to at launch.

Took me two years to upgrade to 98, three years to XP, so a couple of years for Vista doesn't sound unreasonable...
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Oh, this is the video I was talking about :
(Please turn on your speakers :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkeC7HpsHxo

:goodjob: :evillaugh: :girlpower: :teaseface: :pipe:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

If this video werent true I could bet MS competitors were involved. Virus perhaps? :lol:

I saw Vista a couple of months ago on my friend's comp. He showed me transparent windows and I said "wow". :teaseface:

This was my first and last contact with it. :pipe: