Member introduction

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Welcome on board on my behalf too :)
It's definitely good to have some fresh blood to drin... I mean on board ;)

I guess you're familiar with our game validating process? It takes 3 GameHunters to play your games, and rate them. If the average rating is large enough, your games will be hosted on our site :) That may take a while though, since our GameHunters are quite busy at the moment...

However, even if the games would not be accepted for hosting, we'll keep this thread with links on the forums. So some publicity is guaranteed ;) Good luck with your new approach (although 2 weeks sounds like a short time to me - most of the projects I have participated have took around 2 years to complete :D )

But anyways, Thumbs Up for making freeware games!!! I do really respect the work guys (or gals) like you do!
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Yah, welcome! It's always good to see an actual developer come by. Your "mixing old school genres" approach looks very interesting, and coffee break games are also a good thing to have some of.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And yet another welcome. I am thinking that maybe the GH-squad could look past the line of waiting games and maybe speed up validation of these three games? :D
I really do hope you will stick around since what you have said so far fits the perfect CWF-profile :D
I think you would feel welcome right away and I think you would find that we have very similar interests the lot of us :D
Once more a welcome, and I am looking forward to diving in to the games you made.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

[font=Courier New]Hi im new here. I am a long-time freeware game scavenger on the internet and know quite a lot of them. I was positively surprised that this seemed to be the one of the largest collection of freeware games i have seen in one place, and also that the administrator is danish like me :). I am a forum regular at AnywhereBB.com, which is also the home to one of the games i would recommend. Well, hello then.[/font]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Well, hello stiven. :)

Largest you say. Id say it's one of the largest QUALITY games collection, most likely it is already the largest when you read this. ;)

You plan to stay with us I suppose, otherwise we'll have to brainwash you. Result will be the same, but the process less pleasant. Choose yourself. :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

ixnay on the brainwash-ay, eMTe... :wink:

...I mean welcome Stiven, now if you will just stare into the blinking eyes... :evil:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hi Stiven.

Good to see you, and welcome. I really hope you plan to stay here as well and become a regular, as we could really use some more guys with time and knowledge of freeware games.

Have a look around, and feel free to suggest more games, as I can see you already started with one more gem from Binary Zoo.

Let me know if you want to help out behind the curtains. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Welcome Stiven! It's always refreshing to drink see some new blood on the forums :)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Re:

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Railwaymodeler wrote:Railwaymodeler, a PC technician from Waukegan, Illinois, a far north suburb of Chicago. A devout transport enthusiest with a model railroad over 100 square feet in size in his apartment living room, and self employed in the IT field, who also uses his apartment as a workshop. Also well known on OG for my disasterous relationship problems (Which I won't be bringing to this forum! :D)
Just found that post of mine from 2006.

Funny how the last sentence pretty much was the truth! Yup. Didn't bring them problems here; It was about then that Maria and I became serious about each other!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Master_X
Prospect

Re: Member introduction

Post by Master_X »

Hi, I'm a lonely guy looking for trouble from time to time. I'm 16 and I know a lot of useful things (which I will not mention in fear to get banned) My favourite colour is black I have black hair and brown eyes. Usually I don't care what ppl say about me. I don't like judging ppl for something (in other words mocking them) I'm a patient person who can explain to some dumb-asses simple things. I'm starting to think that I should start programming. I'm not going to make the details. That's the essential of me.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Welcome to CWF, Mister_X!!!

It's always nice to see a new member posting here. :Cheers:
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Hey, welcome. It's not often people come and introduce themselves. :)
Master_X
Prospect

Post by Master_X »

That's probably because you don't have much members that search further than the beginning of the page. Oh just a small remark you could have a lot of members (talking about 10's of K) if you had a chat. Just a suggestion and if it's possible I'll be very happy to see one.
Master_X
Prospect

Post by Master_X »

Pater Alf wrote:Welcome to CWF, Mister_X!!!

It's always nice to see a new member posting here. :Cheers:
I'm not angry but it's Master. You can call me X for short. :)
justbell

Post by justbell »

Hey there, my name is Bella and I am the latest addition to this community. How are you guys?
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

As long as you balance your posting between being a bot and being a real human, you're welcome here.

I'm a mental cyborg myself, trained to tell reality from artificial sustainability, so you can talk with me freely.

Just watch for member Zyx and certain incarnations of mazbots, they tend to steer their boats into relatively stable and widely recognizable waters.

The bottom line is, just give us something interesting. ^^

From Russia or with love. 8)
justbell

Post by justbell »

Thank you @eMTe for the heads up and tips, I will make sure to apply it on my future posting. You have a good night.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Thank you @justbell for the heads up (and bottom) and tips (discouragments), I will make sure to apply it on my future (and past) posting. You have a good night (day).

Finally a bot to talk with. maybe a dizi, maybe a pitkin. At least a voice from charted territories (Maria's bad English).

Bots providing individualism on demand? How cool is that.
justbell

Post by justbell »

eMTe wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 0:14 Thank you @justbell for the heads up (and bottom) and tips (discouragments), I will make sure to apply it on my future (and past) posting. You have a good night (day).

Finally a bot to talk with. maybe a dizi, maybe a pitkin. At least a voice from charted territories (Maria's bad English).

Bots providing individualism on demand? How cool is that.
How sarcastic?
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Scythastic.

Welcome back.