Member introduction

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hmm... I propably should be able to recognize you... :roll: But not with that nick, sorry... Gimme a hint! An avatar or something :roll:

Still - Welcome to the forum! ;) Hope you'll enjoy it the way we do!
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

Just point me towards the bar, man, towards the bar. ;)
^_^
Got this forum working for me, finally!
Thank you Chroelle!

Only been trying for . . . . more then a year, maybe?

If I become inactive, you may be able to find me on www.war-facts.com (player id: 9512 or 9779) or on the war-facts server for CF+
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hmm... Hehe.. Like in "Bar exploration"?? ^_^
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

What!?~!

QWhat sort fo accuasation si that, you drunken pengijn?!?

>(

I shoudl bliud a bot to imitate you and ruin your reputatuon ,. .. .
or get eric too!

>(

Then again, you DO have a gun . . . .hmmm . . .
^_^
Thank you Chroelle!

If I become inactive, you may be able to find me on www.war-facts.com (player id: 9512 or 9779) or on the war-facts server for CF+
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I know who you are, I've put it together, but I'm not saying anything.

Point you to the bar? OK:
http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/viewtopic.php?t=98
Have at it friend!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

I've figured it out too ^_^ :roll: The fact that you're from canada ect.. I just couldn't find any typo's in your first 2 posts, so I couldn't make it fit.. :p heh

Welcome to CWF FFr.. Ehm... PraetorScylla ;)

PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

:rolleyes:

go ahead and say it, RWM! :lol:

Chillum pretty much gave it away with his post, eh?

Not to mention me in ym last one, eh? :lol:

I guess i might give a little bit of info on ym real self, sicne i'm derailing, otherwise!

I'm entering into university, with a non-tentative agreement; they liked my mid-term marks so much i'm guarenteed a spot in ANY program i choose. Even english, where i barely puulled a 63%.

I listne to an extremely braod range of music, dfocusing mostly on Post-beatles Ambient psycho art-rock, though. ELO, The move, Wizzard, Roy Wood, etc.
Right nopw,m for example, i'm listenign to Video, by Jeff Lynne

Lately, i'm become internet actiev for myself again, as i;'m highly involved in a browser based game, Warring Factions, i also play the MMOG, CrossFire+.

I chose this pseudonym for this site because my old one had aquired a very strong connoation on soem other sites, and i wanted to avoid that in case i ever ran into other people form those sites.
Nothign bad; quite the opposite . . . . some people nearly worship me! After a greasemonkey for firefox was released to "freak-ify" peoples posts, it just got worse and worse . . ..
This name has to do with my infatuation with Elisiabethian England; the adaption of latin customs and terminology as a sign of nobility or uppity-ness seeemed a good way to express it without beign altogether too obvious.
Plus, Praetor Scylla is one of my favourite obscure characters of history. Moreso then even,:Sir Richard Baker (author of "A Chronicle of the Kings of England"), Stephen Villitz (Leader of a few reactionary movements in Europe during the 17th century; all of them failed. Excellent essay writer, though), and other such people.

I've built and un-built, and re-built a gaminG site i made, so many times that not a single line of coding is anyway near the same it was when it started. I keep changign it becuase i really don;t liek the people who are attarcted to it; I joined WF as a study in demography. I've learned a lot, and currently, the site is down while i remodel most of the economic and war features of the game. It's called "The Forever Plains". It used to rely ojn basic graphics, which you could Download through a shell (useful for dial-up patrons), but is now compeltely browser based (though that may change; again), because it gives a better feel to the game.
^_^
Thank you Chroelle!

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

OK then, you asked for it:

FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK! FFREAK!
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

!!!

YOU!!!
>(

YOU FORGOT THE 3!!!!

THIRTY-NINE TIMES!!!!

>(

This is NOT acceptable! I expect better from you!!

well, no, not really. :lol:

I'm just tryiogn tog et ymself to actually write my essay and you keep postign again! *shakes fist* :lol:
^_^
Thank you Chroelle!

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Beleive me, I really AM laughing out loud right now!

OK, I guess this is another post.

/Me runs from FFreak(3)

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Welcome Ffreak333333333333333333333333333333333333333

:D:D:D

Actually writing OG and BD just explains to people who dont know the sites that they are abreviations for www.oldgames.nu and www.blackdiam.net. I figured people who didn't know OG and BD might feel left out if we talked about them without them knowing what it was...
So no link, even though it would have been cool.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Hiya Freak. :D

Looks like Chillum's strategy of posting about CWF in OG bar comes to fruition.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Yearh, that worked quite well.. ^_^ Chris and FFreak3 so far... You guys better not leave us!! ;);) Hehe...

Manimal
Prospect

Post by Manimal »

Hi folks ! :wink:

Another OG member has joined in CWF lately, with the same old nickname.
I'll do eventual Tech Help and "Free Games" submissions, as usual.

I usually prefer to focus myself on very few sites.
That's why you've not met me very often @ CWF and @ BD.

BTW I'm wondering what happened to OGC + BD that are both shutdown ! :?
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Great to see you Manimal :) We have indeed missed your technical knowledge and opinions :) I do hope you'll stay with us for a while.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Manimal wrote:Hi folks ! :wink:

Another OG member has joined in CWF lately, with the same old nickname.
I'll do eventual Tech Help and "Free Games" submissions, as usual.

I usually prefer to focus myself on very few sites.
That's why you've not met me very often @ CWF and @ BD.

BTW I'm wondering what happened to OGC + BD that are both shutdown ! :?
Darklord is currently moving all his sites on a new server...Configuration is a bit complicated and the move takes 24-72 hours ;)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Hasnt it been quite a long time since you joined us? ;)

Great to see you here and thx again for pointing me to Cloud. :goodjob:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Hello all.
Decided to nip over from my own site, to get the word out about a few of my recent games..

You see, recently the types of games I make have hit a change in pace.
I used to do 2 different types of games.
1, a weekly, a silly little daft project of the week, just for fun.
And then another one a monthly project, usually resulting in me making things overly complex, and missing the point entirely.

Then, as a sort of new-years-resolution, I decided to try out "2 weeks" instead.
So far, so good.
The time is enough to get a decent project up and running, but short enough that I don't overdo things, and wind up with silly bizarre projects that I can never quite manage to finish properly.

And so, over the past couple of months, I've ended up with 3 nice new games.
(It would've been 4, had I not gotten sidetracked by something a bit bigger, and inevitably useless, at the start of February!)

I've posted the three "pretty good" games into the freeware database, and I'm pretty sure you'll like them.

Maybe!

The three games are Centipong, Blockman and Alien Deathmatch. (in the order they were created.) You can find them over in the Freeware game section.

Anyway, I'll bookmark this site, since it seems to be one of very few decent Freeware sites out there that doesn't also include loads of rubbishy shareware games under the freeware heading!
If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Welcome to our site and thank you for joining our community! We're happy that you like it!

As you have opened threads about your games yourself, I assume that it's ok if we host them? I tried Centipong some minutes ago and I definitely like it (I'm pretty sure there will be two other Game Hunters that like it as well).
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

If you want to host them, that's fine.

Otherwise, their current locations should be pretty much stable to link to for the foreseeable future. (I hate dead links as much as the next guy!!)

So, either way.