Hasslevania

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Del_Duio
Tourist

Post by Del_Duio »

Yeah, I think I may have used a wee bit too much original NES Metroid for influence, as far as not really saying where anything is or where to go next.

Most people do tend to think that if you can force your way through the first part of the game, it does get easier and more fun.

Thank you for the vote, a vote of confidence!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm glad to announce that "Hasslevania" was finally validated by our game hunters and added to the database... :)

You can find it here: http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_i ... gameid=168

Sorry that it took so long...
Del_Duio
Tourist

Post by Del_Duio »

Pater Alf wrote:I'm glad to announce that "Hasslevania" was finally validated by our game hunters and added to the database... :)

You can find it here: http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_i ... gameid=168

Sorry that it took so long...

Yeeeeee Hooooooo!!!!

Awesome thanks! I want to see it for the head to head battles myself lol.
Del_Duio
Tourist

Post by Del_Duio »

Hey guys, sorry to resurrect a dead topic but I just wanted to say that Hasslevania has been mentioned in Game for Windows magazine #15 (Feb. 2008). I'm planning on getting one tonight so I can see for myself. It also made 1up.com's list of 101 best free games of 2007, but there were probably like 105 made in 2007 so I don't know how much stock you can put into that :P

Also, know that I'm in the middle of working on a version 3 of the game which addresses some player issues, the big ones being forward progress in the air while swinging weapons (now that I've figured out how to get it to work) and high jumps costing only 1 skill heart instead of 2. If all goes well there might just be some bigger stuff in there but I figured I'd mention it since nobody else will! :lol:
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

No need to apologize resurrection. Actually, it is perfectly Ok to resurrect threads, as long as you add something to the topic. Adding something is of course matter of interpretation, I do count everything that can be enjoyable reading for someone. After all, these forums aim to offer some fun & enjoyment.